• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired The Moto-Gote 2x2 Project

Thanks everyone. If any of yall ever see me wheelin it, stop me and take a ride for yourselves..... it is totally awkward and rediculously fun. booyang :woot:

I still have to finish the snorkle, chainguards, bobber fenders, racks, bitch seat, and cup holder(s). Also I am still undecided on the paint.

I want to take it to a mud park, but many of them don't allow motorcycles, any ideas? Also, I want to license it so I can take it to the bars :drinkers:, anyone delt with that before?

muddinmetal said:
I now know where you live just from the video. I grew up on Wyeth Mountain right there above you :****:

You should stop by this weekend, have a few beers, and ride it around the neighborhood.

Here is the receiver cradle I made for it. None of the manufactured ones were even remotely wide enough. Tested it all the way to west TX for a hog hunt.... worked awesome.

fordcontraption01 said:
Is that shifter handle topper off a pipe cutter? Cool build by the way :dblthumb:

I think your right. It was just a cool looking cast knob I found in my shop, I didn't even think about what it was from.

I am having carburetor issues that I can not figure out. ???

No matter what I do it bogs down when revving to full throttle, or when at full throttle under load for a few seconds regardless of rpm. I know it is starving for fuel because when it bogs I can hit it with starting fluid and it will rev again. Also it will rev to full throttle with the choke pulled even just half choke, but obviously has no power.

I have completely rebuilt the Mikuni carb with a Japanese Shindy rebuild kit, and made sure all the passages were clean and clear. I replaced the spark plug, and checked for intake leaks between the carb and motor. I obviously adjusted the carb from one extreme to the other and everywhere in between. I have double checked the jet sizes and even the spark plug gap, and made sure the float bowl was staying full.

I thought I had it narrowed down to the main jet being too small. Some other people with atc125m's have needed to step up a size when they changed the intake/filter. So to test my theory I slightly drilled out the old main jet to probably 50% larger.... no change at all.

I cannot figure this out and it is starting to piss me off :mad: I am starting to think maybe it isn't the carb at all. Please help.

I can take a pic, but it does the exact same thing with the snorkel tubing and filter, without the filter, or just a bare carb.

Is the carb stock for the engine ?

What's the stock jets vs what's in it now ?

Does it have an open element filter ?

Has this problem developed or has it been there since you cranked it ?

I apologize if I asked something that's been covered

I appreciate the help.

Carb is stock

It has stock jets, I double checked.

It has a small k&n.

The trike ran fine a few months ago before I took the engine and controls off to put in this rig. I didn't do anything to the engine/carb, and I used the original wiring harness.

muttman said:
I appreciate the help.

Carb is stock

It has stock jets, I double checked.

It has a small k&n.

The trike ran fine a few months ago before I took the engine and controls off to put in this rig. I didn't do anything to the engine/carb, and I used the original wiring harness.

Tape about 3/4 of the filter up and go ride it

I had to tape about 95% of the filter up to get it to rev without bogging, which is basically like choking it, and of course it had no power.

What does the inside of the tank look like? Rust? Is the petcock removable? Most have filters that could be stopped up?

The tank is clean, and I removed the original petcock and in tank filter, replaced with barb fitting, new hose and in line filter. The fuel is clean and new, and I have verified that it flows freely. I even got ethanol free fuel. I cracked the float bowl drain while it was bogging down and let a lot of gas pour out and it never died, so I know the float is working correctly.

Well, I finally just ordered a complete new carburetor and........ NO CHANGE AT ALL. It runs EXACTLY like it did before, bogs at full throttle and will die if you don't let off. It has to be fuel related because choke it and it will rev all day long. Also, when it bogs, squirting gas in the carb makes it rev again. Problem is I have even gone so far as to completely drill out the main jet...... still no change..... still lean at full throttle :mad:. I have thoroughly checked for vacuum leaks at the carb/intake tube/head gaskets. PLEASE HELP!!!