• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired I can't leave anything alone bobber rebuild

RioYJ

i wanna go fast!
Two years back I purchased a 87 vs700 intruder bobber off of a guy cheap then decided to take it apart. Needed a few things and that turned into an almost complete rebuild/restyle from ditching the seat and going to a solo lapera to losing the apes for a set of clubman bars. New reg/rectifier and custom built wiring harness. Working on machining my new light housings now and getting it ready to blow apart and paint and powder coat most of the chrome,tank and fenders.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 92
Thanks! It's a little lower, a lot cleaner and less 70s chopper. The riding position is way mor comfortable with the clubman bars as well.

Got the new j.w. Speaker light mocked up should have no visibility issues Which that thing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 79
I like it. Definitely a lot cooler looking than before.

That is a high dollar light, is it that good?

Also is the solo seat a springer?

They are really worth the money. I have a connection on them and scored a pair of scratch and dents. But yes I would pay full price if I had to. Yes it's a lepara springer. Wouldn't be able to go 10 miles on it being ridges without it.

It was originally a soft tail correct?
I am going back and forth on whether I want a springer seat or not on my Moto-Gote project. Do you think a fixed seat will be too rough on a rigid frame with 25" tires on 9" dia rims with about 1.5 psi in them? Max speed of about 40mph.

Yes one of the bikes i did was a ridged with the same seat minus springs and a road reflector would hurt you. The springs do not take out much but they do help dampen to the point of being tolerable. Go with a set of 3" long heavy or medium duty. Your back will thank you!

Just when I start building some momentum gettin this one done sombody drops a 1200 Evo in my lap. Looks like this one is next in line to become a chopped up masterpiece.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    889.9 KB · Views: 69
Finally found a little to start fabbing the rear frame gussets and machine the swing arm bearing delete bushings to make it a full rigid and still be able to service the driveshaft.

All the goodies to rebuild the brake and clutch master on on the was as well as some billet stock to machine the switch housings.

The sportster gets abused

Latest posts