• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - King of the Hill Competition - August 29, 2015

Campground Man

Bouncer's vs. Buggies Hill Climb Competition

This event will be held on August 29th. Tech inspection will be at 10;30 am and race will start shortly after (approx 11;30). Their will be a $40.00 entry fee to preregister or $50.00 cash at the registration booth, if you dont register before the 23th. Prizes for first place in each class. And a $1.500.00 KING OF THE HILL prize (minimum). Which could build up bigger with enough entries. Anyone entering under the age of 18 must have a valid drivers license, and both parents must be present to sign liability waiver. $20.00 gate fee for spectators and children under 10 are free.

For Camping & Cabins contact:
Harlan Campground & Cabin Rentals
8331 Hwy 119 N
Putney, KY 40865
606-573-9009

www.harlancountycampground.com

Pre-register by going towww.rossracingpromotions.com

11201846_10152877737523414_4226362102236607000_n.jpg

Re: King of the Hill - Hill Climb Competition - Harlan KY Aug 29th 2015

One created here at the trail head specifically for this competition.

Well this oughta be interesting if there's a big turnout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off the phone with a rail buggy guy - he's saying they gonna wipe the floor with the rock bouncers...will be interesting indeed...

Going to be fun to watch! !

Campground Man said:
One created here at the trail head specifically for this competition.

Ohh theirs lots of options for a hillclimb headed up on that side,,,I think I might just know where as well ;D

Kychaindrive said:
I see one very important part missing here......The pay out!
Big pay out = Big turn out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

What he said**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Payout is going to be a percent of the registration fees - this is all in the works. The guy setting this up had a 100 rigs at his last event and it was just a rail event. So the payout has a potential to be huge.

We're also looking for sponsors so we can increase the King of the Hill payout. If prizes are big enough and nice enough we can focus more of a % toward the overall winner.

As registration happens and we get an idea of how many we'll be able to post some actual cash figures.

I'm putting up a guaranteed $1500.00 King of the HIll prize - more depending on number of entries.

Pre-registration is $40.00 or $50 at the gate.

Better add another "0" to that number if you want all the big name drivers to show up and bring the crowds with them. :)

Ricky 79cj-7 said:
Better add another "0" to that number if you want all the big name drivers to show up and bring the crowds with them. :)

This is my 1st event and this is coming out of my pocket, wish I could sling 15k out there - depending upon how many machines show will depend on how much more this is...I will be giving updates on the increased payout as folks pre-register.

Any local off-road shops in the area? Maybe they would be willing to toss $500 bucks in the pot for you to hang their banners near the competition hill.

You need a few of the woods buggy guys to get on here and start talking smack about how their 2 wheel drives buggies will go up hills that the bouncers won't make it up. That ought to get people talking about the event. Get a few big name bouncers to commit and they will bring the crowds. I'm not sure what you are planning to charge spectators, but 200 spectators X $20 each adds up pretty quickly.

Re:

I hope this event goes well, but the biggest issue I see with it is parking, if you draw the amount of people that places like rush do it will get interesting quickly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Re:

Will this be a doable timed run, something with switchbacks, or something dumb like DTOR had last year, where know one could do it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I've already thought about parking for spectators and there is acres upon acres very nearby we plan on using if needed and I hope we need the parking room.

It will be a timed event, we'll let you guys know the specifics very soon and it WILL BE a doable hill. Maybe not easily, but doable.

Right now what we need is folks getting the word out and more competitors, I will be talking to some local shops and sponsors this week to try and get more prizes to give away.