• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AOP - Four Banger Series 3 - February 20, 2016

adventureoffroadpark

As discussed at our last 4 cylinder competition we have scheduled several comps for the guys with the 4 cylinder engines. We will run 2 classes for this series and both classes will compete on the same hill or trail at each event. The entry fee will be $50.00 per driver and a portion of the parks fees for event day will also be added to the payout. This portion from the park will be allocated proportionally based on the percentage of competitors per class. Our goal with the 2 classes is to create a class that most basic 4x4 vehicles can compete against each other. While the list below is a general requirement the race director will have make the final decision on race day as to what class you will be eligible for.

The 2 classes will be set as follows.

STOCK MOD VEHICLES
-50% of original style body or more
-50% of original style suspension or more
-50% of stock frame or more

BUGGY CLASS
-Full tube chassis

alscott said:
Im out. Broke input shaft on tcase last weekend and marlin crawler is 3 weeks out on kits ::)

With the new axles, looks like you have the same problem I do. Right leg cramps and won't let your foot lift of the floor thumb.gif

wimpykid said:
With the new axles, looks like you have the same problem I do. Right leg cramps and won't let your foot lift of the floor thumb.gif

Rite. I cant complain to much, been in there for 6 years. Been a miracle it lasted this long

Re: Re: AOP - Four Banger Series 3 - February 20, 2016

TBItoy said:
21 or 23 spline? 4.7?

4.7 21 spline from trail gear back when they sold good products. Believe it or not there going to warranty it... must have been a new guy cause he was definitely the nicest guy ive ever talked to there in 7 years

alscott said:
4.7 21 spline from trail gear back when they sold good products. Believe it or not there going to warranty it... must have been a new guy cause he was definitely the nicest guy ive ever talked to there in 7 years

I can't remember if you have dual cases or not, but if you do, and you broke the rear case input, ask them to warranty it and give you a 23 spline input and you'll buy the 23 spline coupler. I've done that on 3 rigs and TG didn't have a problem with it. I think the 23 spline dual coupler was around $50-75.

That'll at least move your breakage to the tail shaft (unless it's upgraded) or the actual transfer case housing molaugh

TBItoy said:
I can't remember if you have dual cases or not, but if you do, and you broke the rear case input, ask them to warranty it and give you a 23 spline input and you'll buy the 23 spline coupler. I've done that on 3 rigs and TG didn't have a problem with it. I think the 23 spline dual coupler was around $50-75.

That'll at least move your breakage to the tail shaft (unless it's upgraded) or the actual transfer case housing molaugh

Thats a good idea. Ill ask them. Will any coupler fit any adapter and set of gears?

Re: Re: Re: AOP - Four Banger Series 3 - February 20, 2016

alscott said:
Thats a good idea. Ill ask them. Will any coupler fit any adapter and set of gears?
Spline will fit, not sure about swapping a different coupler into a different brand doubler adapter.

TBItoy said:

Broke my 21 spline input on my second ride and TG let me upgrade to the 23 spline. Got the parts today. looking forward to the third race. :driving:

Y'all go on and have y'alls fun.. When the Sammy is done all you'll see is a red blur screaming by ya!! By red blue I mean a really slow samurai puttin up the side of a hill! Got my raceteam ready. And let me tell you about this crew. Sheesh. molaugh