• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

Listen I replied in a text when I was going to show up the night before. I was within ten minutes of my ETA. I even risked trailer damage so I could be on time. Came rollin in on 3 tires. So I didn't have to hear you two whine about me being late.
For a "shut up and ride" day we sure did stand around and talk and fix rigs. Maybe I jinked us with naming that ride.

I'm glad you guys waited I never would have heard those 4cyl motors in the woods to find you. :flipoff1:

Eddyj said:
Listen I replied in a text when I was going to show up the night before. I was within ten minutes of my ETA. I even risked trailer damage so I could be on time. Came rollin in on 3 tires. So I didn't have to hear you two whine about me being late.
For a "shut up and ride" day we sure did stand around and talk and fix rigs. Maybe I jinked us with naming that ride.

I'm glad you guys waited I never would have heard those 4cyl motors in the woods to find you. :flipoff1:

yes, that ride was doomed to fail from the get go

and you definitely wouldn't have heard mine that day! 34 year old alternator decided it was his time to go ( I wonder if that was the original :dunno:)

Re: Re:

tonybolton said:
The Paul Bunyan's on here will be laughing at us office folk for talk like this....I can already hear'em.

Our office AC goes out it seems once a year. It really pegs out my Give-a-****'ometer when I hafta sit there and analyze spreadsheet numbers, project coordination and labor in that humid ****

Word!

I can sweat my ass off all day in the yard or garage and be happy but when it comes to sitting in a chair all day, sweating and getting chaffed ass, it's a different story. :flipgotcha:

As I was walking up and down the road our office is on this morning looking for a $3,000 piece of equipment that flew off one of my guys jeeps as they were leaving the office, I couldn't help but notice how much litter was in the ditches alongside the road... what is wrong with people?....

I've gotta ask what kind of $3000 dollar piece fell off? And atlas?

An itron
We still do manual meter reading in Madison County, AL

This is what the guys enter the meter readings in as they are reading their route.

kmcminn said:
Dang I would have thought yall would have smart meters
Wish they did so I would quit getting letters from Huntsville Utilities saying they estimated my bill because my dog was ferocious.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    935.5 KB · Views: 93

jeff150 said:
Wish they did so I would quit getting letters from Huntsville Utilities saying they estimated my bill because my dog was ferocious.

why don't you call your buddy who is the project manager over the meter reading department ??

I imagine he could find a solution to something like that

kmcminn said:
Dang I would have thought yall would have smart meters

It is coming, that is why Huntsville contracted it out 3.5 years ago( the meter reading) . It was supposed to be done by now (then again they have been saying that for over a decade now). They just extended us another 2 years back in March.

smbroady82 said:
It is coming, that is why Huntsville contracted it out 3.5 years ago( the meter reading) . It was supposed to be done by now (then again they have been saying that for over a decade now). They just extended us another 2 years back in March.

I sure between the contractors and kwh that are not accounted for they are loosing money. Especially stretched out in that 10 year time period.

kmcminn said:
I sure between the contractors and kwh that are not accounted for they are loosing money. Especially stretched out in that 10 year time period.

They are saving $ by having us read for them, that's for sure.

As far as everything else I'm not sure.
We can talk about it more at the hardline ride.

smbroady82 said:
I've gotta ask what kind of $3000 dollar piece fell off? And atlas?

An itron
We still do manual meter reading in Madison County, AL

This is what the guys enter the meter readings in as they are reading their route.

My mind set was way off from something like that. My mind was just processing jeep and shop. I was thinking wth could of been left loose or laying on the jeep that cost 3G . I bet someone's would of been in deep **** over that.

smbroady82 said:
why don't you call your buddy who is the project manager over the meter reading department ??

I imagine he could find a solution to something like that
Just busting your chops. My dogs get along with everyone including UPS and mail lady but for some reason they hate the meter reader. They start raising hell when they see y'all's jeep go by. I wouldn't want to go in someone's yard with them growling and barking.

June dog said:
I bet someone's would of been in deep **** over that.

Oh yeah for sure

jeff150 said:
Just busting your chops. My dogs get along with everyone including UPS and mail lady but for some reason they hate the meter reader. They start raising hell when they see y'all's jeep go by. I wouldn't want to go in someone's yard with them growling and barking.

10-4. Shoot me a text sometime and we'll get it worked out.