• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

I use fed ex every single day. Couldn't do my job without them. I imagine it sucks if you are not in a big city

I signed up for the UPS my choice, it's like $40/year, but you can waive signatures, re-direct packages, delay delivery, etc.

It's not that I hate FedEx, it's just that I haven't been able to find the option to waive a signature if there is one. They just leave a slip on the door to tell you they tried to deliver, but waiving the signature is not one of the options. I live on a dead end gravel road, there's only 5 other houses on this road, so there's not much traffic at all. And you wouldn't be able to see a package from the road anyway.

I don't have the problem so bad now that I work a shift schedule and I'm home a lot on weekdays. I just try to order stuff so that it will be delivered on my off days if I can. When I worked 6:30-3 M-F there was no way I could be home to sign.

I too have experienced the signature BS from fedex. With multiple companies. I started asking the company about shipping before I even completed the order. I even had a guy walk back to the shipping dept and ask different people how to avoid the sig requirement. Nobody knew how

So I asked the FedEx guy who rushes through his route locally so he can come hang out at my shop at 230 every afternoon to talk hot rods and speak Spanish. I asked him how in the world to get around the sig requirement.

He told me that almost every FedEx guy is subcontract. He said they all buy in to their route including their own trucks. He said sometimes there are 2-3 levels of a pyramid when it comes to drivers. He says one driver may sell a portion of his route to another driver and pull a percentage of his pay to compensate the route he has given to a new guy.

Basically he told me there is a huge problem with DRIVERS actually stealing cargo. Opening packages and taking merch. He says its in the hand held they carry. It tells them exactly how much you paid for the contents of your package. So they can see right away if you have $8,000 in suspension parts.

In the end he told me to talk personally with the driver in my area and tell him specifically just to leave my merch. He said they will almost always do it no problem on packages in the future.

LightBnDr said:
I too have experienced the signature BS from fedex. With multiple companies. I started asking the company about shipping before I even completed the order. I even had a guy walk back to the shipping dept and ask different people how to avoid the sig requirement. Nobody knew how

So I asked the FedEx guy who rushes through his route locally so he can come hang out at my shop at 230 every afternoon to talk hot rods and speak Spanish. I asked him how in the world to get around the sig requirement.

He told me that almost every FedEx guy is subcontract. He said they all buy in to their route including their own trucks. He said sometimes there are 2-3 levels of a pyramid when it comes to drivers. He says one driver may sell a portion of his route to another driver and pull a percentage of his pay to compensate the route he has given to a new guy.

Basically he told me there is a huge problem with DRIVERS actually stealing cargo. Opening packages and taking merch. He says its in the hand held they carry. It tells them exactly how much you paid for the contents of your package. So they can see right away if you have $8,000 in suspension parts.

In the end he told me to talk personally with the driver in my area and tell him specifically just to leave my merch. He said they will almost always do it no problem on packages in the future.
Fed Ex guy is seldom the same. I hate it. I have seen up to 3 different ones. They huck **** at the front door where nobody but them and Jehovah's Witnesses go. The UPS guy stays the same for like 2 decades here. He always knows to come in the garage or shop and drop off.

If the EX part of the truck is green, then it is owned by the driver/subcontractor. If the EX is the red orange, then it is owned by fedex. Some places have a "fedex home" route that delivers late in the evening. I have a fedex guy that I have known for years and even worked on his truck. He has delivered to my shop at 7:00 at night, during Christmas he and the 2 other guys working for him were leaving packages on porches until like 1:00 am. There is a ups truck that delivers in my neighborhood late sometimes too. Maybe another option in some areas. :dunno:

I had a ups package show up at 8pm last week. I said something like "long day?" to the driver and he said they don't have ac in the trucks so he takes a 2 hr lunch and finishes his deliveries when its not as hot out.

grcthird said:
If the EX part of the truck is green, then it is owned by the driver/subcontractor. If the EX is the red orange, then it is owned by fedex. Some places have a "fedex home" route that delivers late in the evening. I have a fedex guy that I have known for years and even worked on his truck. He has delivered to my shop at 7:00 at night, during Christmas he and the 2 other guys working for him were leaving packages on porches until like 1:00 am. There is a ups truck that delivers in my neighborhood late sometimes too. Maybe another option in some areas. :dunno:

aka Green is Ground and orange is Express (Air). thumb.gif

If your package is overnighted or shipped 2 Day, it will be orange, if it is shipped standard Ground, it will be green.

The signature required option most of the time is decided by the shipper I believe. We use the **** out of it at work because we ship **** all the time and customers at big power plants claim they never received the package, then I go in and see who signed for it and tell em to go ask "Richard" what he done with the package. Lol. But I realize it's not necessary for most residential deliveries.

Got to take the dog to the vet in about an hour, may be his last trip anywhere. :'( Came home last night and found him in the yard, unable to get up, wet from the rain shower we got. Brought him in the garage for the night, still not moving much this morning. 16 or 17 is a long time for a dog to live and he has been slowing way down the past few months.

grcthird said:
Got to take the dog to the vet in about an hour, may be his last trip anywhere. :'( Came home last night and found him in the yard, unable to get up, wet from the rain shower we got. Brought him in the garage for the night, still not moving much this morning. 16 or 17 is a long time for a dog to live and he has been slowing way down the past few months.

Poor feller. Sorry mang.

grcthird said:

That is tough. They are part of the family. It's hard to let them go.

grcthird said:

We had a half border collie half blue healer that lived 20 human years! Lived in a decent sized fenced off area and his diet consisted of half dog food and half table scraps.

Well he came home for the weekend with some pain meds, doc said that's about all we can do. So I guess it's wait and see how he does. Although a few months ago I just knew it was the end and he came back so :dunno:

Northbound I-75, uphill, 4 lanes....WHY THE FAWK ARE YOU IN THE FAST LANE PULLING AN ENCLOSED TRAILER???
Drives me nuts!!! :mad:

johneddie said:
Northbound I-75, uphill, 4 lanes....WHY THE FAWK ARE YOU IN THE FAST LANE PULLING AN ENCLOSED TRAILER???
Drives me nuts!!! :mad:

I say the same thing about the brand new, low miles, only used twice a year F-150 with a 40' camper guy. Saw several last week struggling to climb hills on 75. Duck out to pass a big rig and end up drag racing him for 17 miles. :flipgotcha:

I'm slightly pissed that no one has commented on my avatar.
First one that can identify it (that has never seen the picture) gets one 10 hr free trail AOL disk.

Re:

All I can make out on my phone is a distributor and spark plug wires? I'm guess that's not enough to win your big prize though. I know how you carnies operate and I might be lucky if I get a keychain, nobody wins those big prizes they're just there to draw ya in.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk