• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Re: Re: Random Thoughts. Ready? Send it!

tonybolton said:
Another new guy started yesterday...."...Man, I like it here....thanks!!"

...called out today. :)
Dang how much y'all pay. I'd be a boss in no time...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I'm good with that we talking hunrets of thousanndss off dobbiers?

tonybolton said:
....pennies...

Our motto is; "NOT IN THE BUDGET!" :)
Sure gonna miss Rick stories can you hire him to keep your fleet clean?

Man it's just washing all your stuff. It would keep him busy. How's he gonna build that log cabin he wanted. Sympathy... help a brother out.

Just registered for my final 2 classes at Northeast Alabama Community College for this coming fall semester. Fuggin right, getting real now!

TacomaJD said:
Just registered for my final 2 classes at Northeast Alabama Community College for this coming fall semester. Fuggin right, getting real now!

Congrats. I was almost 30 until I finished with my degree. I respect that you stuck with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hwmiller said:
Congrats. I was almost 30 until I finished with my degree. I respect that you stuck with it.

I am 31, and it's only an Associate's degree, but will be one step farther in the right direction. I am undecided as to when I am going to begin pursuing a Bachelor's degree. I am unable to travel to any of the nearest 4 yr schools (both are aroumd 1.5 hrs away, but one of them - Athens State University - oldest college in AL (which is cool), offers a 100% online Bachelor's in Management and I'll probably minor in Operations Management.

Beginning at Athens State in January only 3 weeks after graduating from NACC seems stressful. A lot of things to get in order in a short time, especially around the holidays. I may take spring and summer off and begin next Fall, but at the same time that is just prolonging finishing that degree as well. Work pays for most of my school, well all of it currently, but 4 yr school costs, as you know, are much higher. Which means, coming out of this coming Fall's final semester at NACC, I will have a little over $1k outstanding awaiting reimbursement by the time I would need to also have roughly $3,400 to throw down on the first 3 classes at Athens beginning in January, thus meaning I will have around $4,400 outstanding fees I have paid while waiting on the previous $1k reimbursement, which could take up to a month or two. I have to pass classes with a C or better, submit proper documentation, then once approved, I receive reimbursement on my paycheck.

Fast forward to the following fall semester at Athens...lets assume I'm out another $3k or so for that semester, then once done I have to start the following spring for another $3k-ish before receiving reimbursement for the previous semester, that will be over $6k outstanding until I receive the previous $3k reimbursement. Shitload of money (for me) to be out of pocket at once.

Also say I get overloaded with hard classes and have to drop one, $1k flushed down the shitter that I do not get reimbursed for. I've only had to drop 2 classes at NACC for various circumstances, losing just over $400 each time. 3 hrs of online course tuition at Athens State is $927 + book costs.

Just a semi-big financial undertaking. I'm sure I can make it happen, just stressful. Oh and work only pays a max of $5,250 per year toward tuition and books. So I'm hoping to get Athens' $1000 annual merit scholarship too (if available in their budget), and end up only being out of pocket for less than $1k each year after reimbursement (if everything goes smooth without hiccups).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TacomaJD said:
I am 31, and it's only an Associate's degree, but will be one step farther in the right direction. I am undecided as to when I am going to begin pursuing a Bachelor's degree. I am unable to travel to any of the nearest 4 yr schools (both are aroumd 1.5 hrs away, but one of them - Athens State University - oldest college in AL (which is cool), offers a 100% online Bachelor's in Management and I'll probably minor in Operations Management.

Beginning at Athens State in January only 3 weeks after graduating from NACC seems stressful. A lot of things to get in order in a short time, especially around the holidays. I may take spring and summer off and begin next Fall, but at the same time that is just prolonging finishing that degree as well. Work pays for most of my school, well all of it currently, but 4 yr school costs, as you know, are much higher. Which means, coming out of this coming Fall's final semester at NACC, I will have a little over $1k outstanding awaiting reimbursement by the time I would need to also have roughly $3,400 to throw down on the first 3 classes at Athens beginning in January, thus meaning I will have around $4,400 outstanding fees I have paid while waiting on the previous $1k reimbursement, which could take up to a month or two. I have to pass classes with a C or better, submit proper documentation, then once approved, I receive reimbursement on my paycheck.

Fast forward to the following fall semester at Athens...lets assume I'm out another $3k or so for that semester, then once done I have to start the following spring for another $3k-ish before receiving reimbursement for the previous semester, that will be over $6k outstanding until I receive the previous $3k reimbursement. Shitload of money (for me) to be out of pocket at once.

Also say I get overloaded with hard classes and have to drop one, $1k flushed down the shitter that I do not get reimbursed for. I've only had to drop 2 classes at NACC for various circumstances, losing just over $400 each time. 3 hrs of online course tuition at Athens State is $927 + book costs.

Just a semi-big financial undertaking. I'm sure I can make it happen, just stressful. Oh and work only pays a max of $5,250 per year toward tuition and books. So I'm hoping to get Athens' $1000 annual merit scholarship too (if available in their budget), and end up only being out of pocket for less than $1k each year after reimbursement (if everything goes smooth without hiccups).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Whatever you do, do it. I took one semester longer than I should have to get my masters, but I finished. Turns out it is just a piece of paper, but I stuck with it and did it can't nobody take that from me :rolf:. I thought college was hard while I was there and surrounded by extracurricular activities, but it was a ton harder with a newborn and a full time job. I guess I am trying to say that if you're in the mindset of school, stick with it and finish before you remember what it was like to not have school.

Jorts (noun). Shorts (usually made of denim and frilled at the ends from cutting off worn out jeans) that are short enough to expose your genitalia when thrown from a mechanical bull at a bar

money_pit_yj said:
Whatever you do, do it. I took one semester longer than I should have to get my masters, but I finished. Turns out it is just a piece of paper, but I stuck with it and did it can't nobody take that from me :rolf:. I thought college was hard while I was there and surrounded by extracurricular activities, but it was a ton harder with a newborn and a full time job. I guess I am trying to say that if you're in the mindset of school, stick with it and finish before you remember what it was like to not have school.

I don't have **** for free time, main reason I sold the sxs. I rarely have a whole Saturday free enough to go ride offroad, so I axed that hobby. I ride motorcycles at night more it seems now than during the day, bc that's about the only time I have free time here and there. However I still make it a point to do a couple weekend bike trips per year. I don't mind the grind, keeps me busy and productive. My job is one that actually allows moderate free time at a computer (posting from as we speak) to catch up on homework before deadlines if I catch myself procrastinating. Or I have plenty PTO and can pretty much come and go as I please so I can skip out on work and stay home for bigger homework assignments if needed too. I'm determined to finish, and it's not really something I have to push myself to do, it's more of a non-debatable "I'm gonna do it regardless" so no worries on that. I actually have enjoyed it. I'm sure it will help me career-wise, but I also enjoy learning about the different areas of study in business. It all applies to many things in life. I wouldn't mind creating another side hustle business one day down the road too, and if I decide to do so, what I will have studied by then will have given me the tools to do so successfully. A friend of mine's wife finished the exact same degree I am going for at the same college and just opened her own Allstate agency in town and is doing really well. Actually just switched all of our insurance coverage to her agency. I think she is around 27-28 yrs old.

Needs more thornbird.
Someone talk me out of buying this.

4f9bca6e2295721a55a20929ede5941f.jpg