• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Random Thoughts

Broke my ankle in a bar fight last weekend. Broke the tibia and fibula in 3 places, 2 plates and 15 screws later I am now laying on the couch. Anyone else here been through this? How long till I can get off these pain meds. I am usually ok until I have to get up and take a piss, all the blood runs to my leg and hurts like a mofo.

Re: Re: Random Thoughts. Ready? Send it!

AllGoNoShow said:
Broke my ankle in a bar fight last weekend. Broke the tibia and fibula in 3 places, 2 plates and 15 screws later I am now laying on the couch. Anyone else here been through this? How long till I can get off these pain meds. I am usually ok until I have to get up and take a piss, all the blood runs to my leg and hurts like a mofo.
What's the other guy look like?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Random Thoughts. Ready? Send it!

onepieceatatime said:
What's the other guy look like?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

All I am going to say is I don't have a scratch on me other than a broken ankle. Freak deal, pretty sure I broke my own leg.

Re:

I thought you quit drinking? Lol.

I broke both my legs once, woke up with one gone and the other pinned together in traction. Was non-weight bearing for 8.5 months. Went back to work at 11 months. Titanium rod and bunch of screws, and a bone graft in the one I got to keep. Long healing time and ACL/PCL reconstruction in the knee on the amputated side.....started to walk again after receiving the go ahead from doctor at 8.5 months after wreck, muscles had atrophied so much I could not even support my own body weight and I was down to weighing only around 150-160 lbs.

Was on oxycontin and oxycodone for about 2 months after I came home from hospital, then on oxycodone and beer thereafter for the next 7 months, then I quit the oxycodones cold turkey, got weirdly depressed for about 3 weeks, then I was good to go. Quit physical therapy bc it was just a money racket and not doing **** for me, went back to work at 11 months, and that was the best physical therapy. Pills and beer are fawking awesome, but dont get bad off on that ****, especially if you already recognize you have/had a drinking problem.

Chad probably remembers, we went to Aetna Mtn one time before I could walk. Just had knee surgery so my nub was in a cast, couldn't walk on the other leg. Rode shotgun with my buddy in his polaris ranger, took 5 oxycodones that day and drunk near 20 beers. I turned into a vegetable that night when I got back home by myself. I realized then that's how these rock and rollers die, just take too much and body shuts down. Luckily I woke up the next morning with no memory of the ride home or anything. ****'s dangerous.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quit for a little over 3 months, back at it again, but not even close to as much as prior. **** happens, **** happens more often when you are stupid. I just want to be back to work. I have a week in this splint, then 3 in a cast. I am hoping that when I get back into the cast, the pain is gone and I can get back to doing some work.

Re:

Well good luck keeping it under control and good luck on healing up. Don't underestimate the value of good rest. You heal the most when you sleep/rest. Stay off of it as much as you can and make the best of life forcing you to slow down. I've been down several different times over the years and its funny how all those things on your to-do list that you think are REALLY important, ain't that important afterall when you can't do **** but sit on the couch and watch tv for a few weeks/months. I think about those times often when I get caught up worrying too much about all I need to get done.

I havent been to an SRRS race (or any other hill climb race) in several years, I was clicking through the SRRS video from Bikini Bottoms on Madram11.

Holy hell why do some of those people even show up. Half the rigs would barely run or steer, or were running so bad they barely had enough power to climb the first dirt hill. :wtflol:

TBItoy said:
I havent been to an SRRS race (or any other hill climb race) in several years, I was clicking through the SRRS video from Bikini Bottoms on Madram11.

Holy hell why do some of those people even show up. Half the rigs would barely run or steer, or were running so bad they barely had enough power to climb the first dirt hill. :wtflol:

It's like you have 10 guys that have legit rigs then the rest is good for one hill.

Edit. Not that my **** is any better. But dang seems like a big hastle and lot of expense.

Re:

We pooled together $5 per person at work and bought 133 numbers for the mega millions drawing tomorrow night. Wife just went and bought 50 numbers, and I'll probably do the same after work tonight. $900M.....nice knowing you peasants. LOL

Re:

TacomaJD said:
We pooled together $5 per person at work and bought 133 numbers for the mega millions drawing tomorrow night. Wife just went and bought 50 numbers, and I'll probably do the same after work tonight. $900M.....nice knowing you peasants. LOL

If you promise to give me just 1 million, I will do what I can to help you win.

TBItoy said:

Because online I'm racer :flipoff1: Literally been there tried that XRRA 2008, the best year that ever was :popcorn:

Re:

TacomaJD said:

Some dickhole north of me won 4.4M and hasn't even realized it yet Wednesday night. I realize 4.4M isn't exactly " **** you " money. But by Gawd it would put me up right nice in a comfy twice wide in the middle of **** yousville !!

Re:

P said:
Some dickhole north of me won 4.4M and hasn't even realized it yet Wednesday night. I realize 4.4M isn't exactly " **** you " money. But by Gawd it would put me up right nice in a comfy twice wide in the middle of **** yousville !!

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: Damn right!

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Well good luck keeping it under control and good luck on healing up. Don't underestimate the value of good rest. You heal the most when you sleep/rest. Stay off of it as much as you can and make the best of life forcing you to slow down. I've been down several different times over the years and its funny how all those things on your to-do list that you think are REALLY important, ain't that important afterall when you can't do **** but sit on the couch and watch tv for a few weeks/months. I think about those times often when I get caught up worrying too much about all I need to get done.

Thanks for the insight. I got the stint off, and the staples removed at the doc yesterday. I ran out of the hydrocodene last Sunday I have not taken any since. I can see why people can get addicted to those, haha. I don't need any more vices that is for sure. I also haven't drank since I broke it either. Not saying I am quitting, just don't feel like having any. I am not in much pain, but there is still swelling. They put a full plaster cast on it and I can do 25% weight bearing on the broken ankle. They gave me a small boot thing that I strap to the cast to put a little weight on it. 3 1/2 weeks I get this cut off and a walking boot with full weight bearing. I was on my crutches/driving pickup moving cows home all day because I am selling calves this Tuesday. I have it propped up, tingling some right now, but no pain.

Re:

AllGoNoShow said:
Thanks for the insight. I got the stint off, and the staples removed at the doc yesterday. I ran out of the hydrocodene last Sunday I have not taken any since. I can see why people can get addicted to those, haha. I don't need any more vices that is for sure. I also haven't drank since I broke it either. Not saying I am quitting, just don't feel like having any. I am not in much pain, but there is still swelling. They put a full plaster cast on it and I can do 25% weight bearing on the broken ankle. They gave me a small boot thing that I strap to the cast to put a little weight on it. 3 1/2 weeks I get this cut off and a walking boot with full weight bearing. I was on my crutches/driving pickup moving cows home all day because I am selling calves this Tuesday. I have it propped up, tingling some right now, but no pain.

That's not too bad, nothing wrong with being as active as possible so long as you don't push your limits like how much weight you put on it. Let that **** heal up good otherwise it will cost you more in the long run. Looking back on all the injuries I had, I'm really surprised I don't have any more problems than I do. Of course, when I get older, I'm sure it will catch up to me.

And yeah them pain killers are the ****. Just so easy to take a few and feel like a champ. I was non weight bearing on either leg for 8.5 months, so I did a shitload of laying around, thus my sleep schedule was all sorts of ****ed up. I might stay up til 8am and sleep til 4pm and do it again. I could be bored out of my mind at 2 or 3am, take an oxy, and be having a real good time in about 15-20 minutes doing nothing. Lol.

Re: Re:

P said:
4.4M is plenty. If you invested the winnings, you could easily make a few hundred a yr in interest and never touch the principal.

Re:

I won $6! Wife won about the same. Our group buy from work won $18. Ha. $18 split 133 ways.

Latest posts