• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.7 powerstroke. Good or bad????

pholmann

Anyone had a bad experience with a 6.7 powerstroke? Looking at getting rid of my 7.3 and getting a new truck. Looking at 2011-2013 range. Any good or bad experiences welcome. Please share.

I have a 2013 with about 16k miles on it been good so far mileage is ok not great but it runs and pulls great if I was looking for a new truck now I would look at a dodge I think they are getting better mileage and might be a better engine but what do I know lol!

kmcminn said:
Just get a Duramax. You will be happy.

I'll second that! GM has the best powertrain. I've had 6 and am on #7 and have only had to replace injectors on the 04-05 trucks. :****:

Can't comment on the 6.7 but had a 6.0 and 6.4 and they were junk. Lived at the ford place. Pretty trucks tho! Definitely like the styling and interior of the fords better.

I have five chevy gassers one chevy duramax three dodge cummins and two ford 6.7 , a 14 and 15. The duramax is a fine truck. engine works good and trans is super. Dodge truck and trans have a lot to be desired. ALL people including myself says the 6.7 cummins gets ok mileage empty but when loaded it goes down bad. My gassers are the cheapest to operate and do ok. Duramax gets ok mileage but it is a welding truck and don't pull anything. New ford trucks are great trucks with a great trans, not as good as the Allison \, but almost. The engine is top notch. It has the flattest torque and will out pull any of my dodges plus doesn't drop much on mileage when loaded. BTW the 15 ford is a race car and a pull truck. It reminds me of the KW I drove with the big cat in it when bobtailing. If you turn the traction control off when raining, it will spin at 40 mph. The BAD. you will pay more for the ford. My .02

Ford pickup with an Allison and cummins. BOOM!!

We have two 6.7 in the family no issues with driveline. Some electrical in cab. Nothing serious. Both trucks around 35000.

we pull with a 2011 6.7 and it gets 9mpg pulling doubles from SC to Harlan running 80mph, my 7.3 does it at 10mpg. The stock 6.7 does it like nothing back there , my 7.3 is all it can handle with a chip, intake, exhaust.

I've got a 11 F-250 with 87,000 miles. Love the truck no issues at all. Before the delete was getting 18-20mpg and after deleting the exhaust and a mini-maxx its getting 20-22 mpg depending on the way I drive.

Chuck19 said:
I have a 2013 with about 16k miles on it been good so far mileage is ok not great but it runs and pulls great if I was looking for a new truck now I would look at a dodge I think they are getting better mileage and might be a better engine but what do I know lol!

I'd rather have my **** cut off and fed to me than to own a dodge but thanks for the input.

kmcminn said:
Just get a Duramax. You will be happy.

I'm not opposed to the duramax. They are good truck. I don't think they are better than the fords. I'd say they are about equal, but I'm a ford guy. I'm gonna stick with what I like. If the 6.7's weren't holding up well it's what I'd have to turn to.

fordcontraption01 said:
I want the wheels off yours if you trade it off I've got nice stocks with good tires :****:
The misses wants them on her 78' superduty I'm building her. Sorry man. I still have my factory lariat wheels.

This thread isn't about a pissing contest on ford Chevy and dodge. I know what I want and just wanted first hand experiences before I pull the trigger. I had a chick pull out in front of me Friday on my way to work and I KO'd the side of hers. It really didn't do much damage to mine but I'm sick of people pulling out in front of me. The green has to go. I've had the truck for 10 years and it's an awesome truck mechanically. 187k miles and I've had it since 80k. But I believe it's time for a new to me truck. I despise dodge vehicles. Period!! The Chevys aren't bad but they just aren't what I want.

I was not trying to start an argument, I was simply stating a fact. His is bone stock and nothing wrong with it, maybe I was just expecting more from all the hype I've heard about them. But seriously I was very disappointed in the performance of it, that is all.