• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.7 powerstroke. Good or bad????

sleepsontoilet said:
Last year I bought a brand new 2014 Dodge 3500 2wd Tradesmen dually for $38,995. At first I was very happy bc of all the good I'd heard about the cummins. I bought it solely bc I couldn't find any other dealer close to that price. All other brands were at least 10k more, or used and 100k miles. In the 13 months I owned it, it randomly would not start 10 different times. The radio that controls half the trucks functions would go in and out. The truck had a dead pedal and would have a few second delay if you stood in it. I also had 4 different CELs all of which the dealer(multiple) told me it would be a few months before they could run them and tell me what was wrong with the truck. So I would have to go to Autozone and run the codes, then back to the dealer to get on a waiting list to be fixed. At 40k miles I traded it in with bad cats and a leaking pinion seal.

If they wouldn't fix it new, I couldn't risk out of warranty issues, so I picked up a 2015 Ford F350 CCLB dually with the bigger turbo and upgraded trans for 40k. It rides better, pulls better, turns better, stops better, is quieter, and looks better imo.

Two coworkers have the Dodge 6.7 as well. One has been at the dealer for over 2 months with a bad DEF pump that's back ordered with no rental replacement. He has had the radio replaced 4 times in a year and was constantly getting CELs before it went into limp mode with the bad DEF pump.

Spoke with the other one yesterday and he can't keep the CELs cleared from his either. Scheduled an appointment weeks back to fix his issues only for it to sit at the dealer all week because they were "too busy". He said he called every dealer in 100 miles of Houston and all are at least a month backed up to even check a CEL.

I just rolled over 2000 miles on the new Ford and am glad i bought it. It does get worse fuel mileage than the Dodge did by about 2-3 MPG.

pholmann said:
I hear ya. Mine was paid for the day I bought it. This is something I've been contemplating for a while. Anyone want to buy a mechanically sound rough around the edges 7.3 6 speed?

Let me sell a nut....
pholmann said:
If anyone is interested the ole 7.3 f two fiddy is for sale. I'm firm at 6k. I'll make a for sale ad in the right section.

That's a great price I can trade you my daughters dog, you Sir need a Maltese!

Got home last night from a trip to Wisconsin to pick up my new to me 2012 f350 srw truck. So far I love it. It's quiet and runs like a sumbitch. I got 17 mpg running 88 all the way home. Awesome truck. Thanks guys for the information.

26D0BDB1-43C2-467A-8D17-C974063B8A9D_zpss1kzf5po.jpg

Re: Re: 6.7 powerstroke. Good or bad????

pholmann said:
Got home last night from a trip to Wisconsin to pick up my new to me 2012 f350 srw truck. So far I love it. It's quiet and runs like a sumbitch. I got 17 mpg running 88 all the way home. Awesome truck. Thanks guys for the information.

26D0BDB1-43C2-467A-8D17-C974063B8A9D_zpss1kzf5po.jpg
Well guess the 7.3 is gone now and congratulations on your new 6.7!

I had to go north to find a southern truck. I looked until I found exactly what I wanted with all the options I wanted. It has pretty much every option available. I don't feel ill be disappointed. Can't wait to hook a trailer to it.

I've got a 12' F250 6.7. I daily drive it and work out of it. Its deleted and has a minimaxx. It gets around 18-19 in the city with my leadfoot. The only real problem I've had is it killed a turbo a few months back, but I'm chalking that up to not keeping the air filter changed and running a crap ton of gravel roads in arkansas during duck season...

cmoultrie said:
I've got a 12' F250 6.7. I daily drive it and work out of it. Its deleted and has a minimaxx. It gets around 18-19 in the city with my leadfoot. The only real problem I've had is it killed a turbo a few months back, but I'm chalking that up to not keeping the air filter changed and running a crap ton of gravel roads in arkansas during duck season...

If I were you I would make sure you keep a close eye on your EGTs. That Mini max is hot and more than likely the reason for your dead Turbo.

Re:

I like my mini and it puts down some power for a 6.4. I don't use the hot setting except on cruse and unloaded on the highway, but it produces 1240tq

Re:

Mortalis5509 said:
I like my mini and it puts down some power for a 6.4. I don't use the hot setting except on cruse and unloaded on the highway, but it produces 1240tq

Yeah I didn't use my Hot setting either but it still killed my truck