• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BeerJ's BuzzBuggy Build-o-rama!

Thanks guys and yes, -20. It's a bitch sometimes finding some of the components but I think I've tracked down everything I need. These weld bungs are nice because they have a step on the end that fits perfectly into .120 wall 1.75 tube. I still need to order the tstat housing and the press-in outlet for the water pump.

For as much adjusting as I had to do to make this fit I may as well have fabbed it up myself. Not really though, just had to make it fit on a 3.5" tube. I really dig this artec stuff. Having never done this before it's nice to be able to install it, see how it fits with other components and just get a general idea of what's important so if/when I do fab something myself I have a better idea about what needs to go where.

nhl_bullitt said:
Pretty looking welds dude. That axle is going to stay true now. 8)
Thanks man. Hopefully it's as true as it was when I started. Took me all damn day to weld it due to me being scared of warping it. I think I'm going to add a few more pieces to it but not till I get the ram on.

If I remember and can figure out a way to weigh it I'll be sure to post it. The shipping weight on the truss was 34 lbs so theoretically that's all I've added to it.

Yeah, there's exactly 1.5" of tube on that side. I've pretty much concluded that I'll need to remove some of the housing to expose more tube. I'm also going to brace to the inner C and truss as much as possible.

I had to cut a small section of cast out as well. I nestled one of these in there (ruffstuff).

R1039-full.jpg

That definitely seems like the best option. Can you imagine how sweet it would be if dana would just make the chunk out of steel? Lol

Dropped her down to full bump.

Which presented clearance issues I probably should've seen before.

Upper links might have to go outside the chasis if I can get enough triangulation out of the lowers.

WOD sells link tabs that mount on the back of the truss instead of the top and you could get an accessory bracket from goatbuilt to raise the ps pump.

You might be on to something with those tabs or at least something similar. Thanks for the heads up. That's why I come here, sometimes I overlook some of the simplest remedies. As for the pump, looks like the goatbuilt brackets will either put the pulley into the chasis or the other style will move the alternator to where the engine cage will need re-worked. Both would necessitate moving the steering res which is what I get for jumping the gun. I think I'll see how everything fits with pump in the stock location. If it still needs to move after moving the links to the back of the truss then so be it.

Build looks great. Please post pics of the driver side lower link mount once you get it done. I've got an 06 SD60 laying around and I've been checking out how people are doing the lower link mount so I know what to do with mine.