• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BeerJ's BuzzBuggy Build-o-rama!

Thanks and I will be sure to show what I do there. Whatever it ends up, there will probably be extra bracing going up to the truss. Not only to strengthen the mount but to also regain whatever strength may be lost by removing some of the housing.

Looking good. Design intent was to have the upper link mounted outside the frame rails at the chassis. This would improve your triangulation and increase clearance.

Thanks. Now that you mention it I remember you saying about that. I suppose that way I could keep the axle end upper outside the chasis as well?

Beerj said:
Thanks. Now that you mention it I remember you saying about that. I suppose that way I could keep the axle end upper outside the chasis as well?

I suppose you could but don't think you will need to. Keep in mind that when the axle is fully articulated the link bar mounts at the axle will move in relative to the centerline of the chassis. Check your clearances with the drivers tire at full bump and the passenger at full droop before you weld anything down.

drivermod said:
I suppose you could but don't think you will need to. Keep in mind that when the axle is fully articulated the link bar mounts at the axle will move in relative to the centerline of the chassis. Check your clearances with the drivers tire at full bump and the passenger at full droop before you weld anything down.
Roger that. I see what you're saying.

pholmann said:
Have you noticed that our avatars are almost identical?
Lol, that I have. I thought about placing some jack stands in my pic just to add to the confusion.

natedawgxj said:
Good looking build!!!! :dblthumb: Do u have any close up pics of the high steer setup in curious...
Thanks. Here's some I just took. If there's anything in particular you want to see just let me know.

pholmann said:
You should.
I think I replicated it pretty well but when I try to change it, it says "no file found". :dunno:

I actually purchased the kit from jesse hines. I want to say it was less than $200 total. Theres a pic of the pieces a few pages back

Lol. Tell me about it. Brake pedal and masters are in. Shocks are already ordered and should be getting the steering ram and pump shortly. Unfortunately, the only way to get room for the front uppers is to relocate the pump up on the head. No biggie but now my snazzy res mount wont work :'(. Also getting a tool that makes headers and fuel cells. ;)

Dude, that sucks. I hate redoing work before the project is done, and it's guaranteed to happen it seems. I made it a point to comment on that nice s.o.b too.

Getting a tig?

5BrothersFabrication said:
Everything is snazzy on this mofo. Res mount being changed won't kill it. :dblthumb:
nhl_bullitt said:
Dude, that sucks. I hate redoing work before the project is done, and it's guaranteed to happen it seems. I made it a point to comment on that nice s.o.b too.

Getting a tig?
Thanks guys, if nothing else at least I gained a little fab experience. To be honest, it's probably for the best. That 1 little mount dictated where I could place my bumps, which in turn dictated where my front axle could sit. Ended up stretching it to 124" wb. Definitely longer than I was shooting for. Now I can go back down to 120". I'm not sure how much of a difference it would've made but I wanted to keep it as short as practical/possible.

Now that that's squared away... Pholmann doesn't think my links will hold up, I think a can of silver paint would make up for it :flipper:

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm doing :woot: