• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BeerJ's BuzzBuggy Build-o-rama!

TRD said:
Yeah, when you're combined rate is 60 lb/in it doesn't take much to bring it down a couple inches.
I noticed that. It's really easy to move the chassis around just by pushing it side to side or leaning down on the front. I'm really curious what the overall weight will be. The big axles and tires should help it remain pretty stable.
jeep46 said:
Where did you find the alt relocation bracket?
That came from Goat Built. Really nice unit though I wouldn't have complained if it was made out of aluminum like the pump bracket.

Little bit further.
Bumps mounted, probably gonna shorten them to 2".

Steering res mounted, again...

Braced the upper shock mounts. Seen a bunch of guys run these with no bracing at all so I didn't feel the need to go too crazy. All 4 corners got the same treatment.

Bungs in the bung holes.

Thinking about putting the steering cooler in here. I ordered a 16" but they sent a 20" so it's tough finding a place that it fits.

Last but certainly not least, "the list".

Ha,I wish. That list was a good reality check. Realistically, I'm thinking it might be wheelable by new years. I'll probably run it all next year and do powder coat and motor upgrades over the winter of 2017/18. I don't see fall crawl happening this year but I'll surely be down early in the spring.

pholmann said:
Whatever you think it'll take, multiply it by about 7 times. That was my experience.
Yeah, that's why I'm shooting for spring now. Lol. Crossed off the rear coolant hookups today though. Also found some nice real estate for some storage boxes to be made in to so I guess I can add that.

Beerj said:
Thats all? I think I can live with that.

If you are still shopping for steering hoses, I found that I could build my own with field-serviceable ends for about the same cost as having them made with crimped ends at the local hydraulic shop. But of course now I have the ends that I can reuse if I cut a line.

Also, nice job! You've hit it out of the park on your first build! thumb.gif

twostep said:
If you are still shopping for steering hoses, I found that I could build my own with field-serviceable ends for about the same cost as having them made with crimped ends at the local hydraulic shop. But of course now I have the ends that I can reuse if I cut a line.

Also, nice job! You've hit it out of the park on your first build! thumb.gif
Thanks man. I'm still not 100% sure about the hoses. My issue right now is I've got different size fittings on the same lines. No biggie but I was under the impression that each different fitting would have a hose size that corresponds with the fitting. So I'm not quite sure what to do there. It's a mixture of -12, -8 and -6.

Beerj said:
Thanks man. I'm still not 100% sure about the hoses. My issue right now is I've got different size fittings on the same lines. No biggie but I was under the impression that each different fitting would have a hose size that corresponds with the fitting. So I'm not quite sure what to do there. It's a mixture of -12, -8 and -6.

Not necessarily. Fitting come in different sizes even for one hose size. Anyway draw up a schematic of your system showing what sizes each location is and take it into your local fluid power shop. It's probably not nearly as complex as it seems. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

I don't know much about wheelin' or fabricatin' (I just web wheel), but them triple shear lookin' knuckles sho nuff is sexy!

twostep said:
Not necessarily. Fitting come in different sizes even for one hose size. Anyway draw up a schematic of your system showing what sizes each location is and take it into your local fluid power shop. It's probably not nearly as complex as it seems. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good call. I'll give that a shot. Thanks

TacomaJD said:
I don't know much about wheelin' or fabricatin' (I just web wheel), but them triple shear lookin' knuckles sho nuff is sexy!
I'm hoping they do the trick. Although, no matter how much extra I add, none of it will make a difference if the whole works tears off the stock knuckle.

pholmann said:
What different sizes do you have and where? Everything I sent you was all 8 or 6 with adapters to make everything 6
The ram and orbital are -6, pump in is -12, pump out is -8, res in is -6 and res out is -12. I guess the only different one is the pump to orbital, 8 on one end, 6 on the other.