• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BeerJ's BuzzBuggy Build-o-rama!

I dug the low dash with shin buster bar myself. Can you tilt the dash bar in A forward a bit and use some dimple died plate to brace it rather than tube?

I know what you mean. I think my options are lean the dash back and either push the orbital back as well or french it into the tube. I'll have to stare at it for a little while. Right now there's just enough room between to access the orbital mounting bolts.

What about adding tube from the top of the a pillar to the node where the first interior tube meet the door. Making a double a pillar then attach the dash bar to that.
Something like this. Add short tube to tie it all together as needed.

Honestly I haven't had much time to work on it. I just became the supervisor at work. Also been focusing on getting the yj cage ready for fall crawl. It probably won't be finished in time but anything I get done will be better than just the factory crap.

That looks like it could be pretty cool Rusty. I'll have to investigate it when I get home. Been at the Quadratec open house all morning looking for deals for the wifes jeep. Scored a Warn xd9000i for 500 so it was worth the trip.

I may have gotten a little carried away with the "temporary bullshit keep the windshield from crumbling" cage. Just about done with it. Hoping to start on the front axle for the buggy next.

Nothing accomplished other than filling the garage a little more.
Supposedly these turn into highsteer arms :dunno:

Also some big circle things since that's what the other buggies are doing

Beerj said:
Nothing accomplished other than filling the garage a little more.
Supposedly these turn into highsteer arms :dunno:

Also some big circle things since that's what the other buggies are doing

Those are some interesting high steer arms. :dunno:

I'm on it! 11/14/16 here I come.
I actually finally got the knuckles and axles out of the 60. Those inner hub seal things are a bitch. Gonna try to get the high steer done tonight.

I've had really good luck using moly grease on the follower dye to prevent tube kinking.

Is that a common high steer setup? Looks like a great solution!

I think it's fairly new. Jesse Hines made the pieces. It was a fraction of the cost of having the knuckles machined or buying new ones all together. Hopefully it holds up. Also, I have a roller follower so I don't think that's the issue. I've since used all the .095 stuff so I'll just stick with .120 minimum from now on.

Latest posts