• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BeerJ's BuzzBuggy Build-o-rama!

Your midship looks very similar to mine and I'm also using the WOD carrier bearing setup. There's a thread on here that they recommend putting a piece of 1/4" umhv between the shaft and the mount to help with drivetrain movement. This is only if you're not running a slip in the midship. Or if you're not solid mounting your drivetrain. Just a FYI. Looking good.

the_white_shadow said:
Your midship looks very similar to mine and I'm also using the WOD carrier bearing setup. There's a thread on here that they recommend putting a piece of 1/4" umhv between the shaft and the mount to help with drivetrain movement. This is only if you're not running a slip in the midship. Or if you're not solid mounting your drivetrain. Just a FYI. Looking good.
Good looking out. Fortunately, I'm solid mounted throughout. :dblthumb:

And on the thousandth day, I said "let there be light!"
a7bb3a1923dc1a110a20f1774cce73dd.jpg

Lol. It looks meaner than it is. I also got all of the fans wired up. Fuel pump is wired and I put some petrol in the tank. Got pressure at the rails and no leaks. New ball joints are in as well as front shafts. Getting closer...

Ran out of reachable room on the console so I put the buttons up top. Probably gonna partially skin the roof. These units are supposed to be weatherproof but I'd like to keep it a little dryer.
9cf34be611a5f906e3fa5a18d390513f.jpg

I think I have the exhaust figured out. Its gonna be coverd by side skids.
83f96dd5a3beaa8a8d93d01052bc7678.jpg

Non picture worthy things accomplished. Brakes are done and bled. All fluids in except for steering, waiting on 1 fitting. Spool is in the rear. Pretty much everything is wired up.

Need to figure out how I want to mount this winch in the front. It's a tad too tall to go flush with the bottom of the chassis. I could lower it a bit but then the cable comes out right behind a tube. Thinking about flipping it and mounting it feet forward behind the chassis tube work and running the cable in the top of the winch.
Picking up skid material already cut to size on monday so that should be pretty quick to mount

Wasn't planning on running a winch but the front end was sitting a touch high so I needed to do something to drop it down a little.
a3adbcce74bda21d1da7b45414f7f1b5.jpg
a89981989a5a47b47023045e08028fe3.jpg

Also encountered a small problem. Went to fill the fuel cell to get the ass end down but there was a drip. One tiny drip. So I pulled the cell, filled it with water 5 times and welded the drip. Then I filled it again and watched. No drip. Then I drained it and pressurized it and went to town with soap spray. No bubbles. But while it was out I added a little air dam with 1" space to hopefully keep the fans from overheating the fuel.
17e6e067542031e7e09a1e3a2c2e3c63.jpg

Picked up my ar400 skid material today.
133ca2ef263cf17119f40a76b0961117.jpg

And got my exhaust flex pieces.
ce12375afbcc0c21bdb00e1d313c382b.jpg

I suppose I'll work on the exhaust next since it'll be behind the skid. That and those are pretty much the only things left to do.

Skids are done except for the plate on the engine skid. Waiting to do that one. Mostly just because I will be changing the oil again almost right away and the design means pulling the whole framework. If I wait then I can just weld the plate on after the oil change and not deal with it until the next change. Even then, its just 8 bolts.
99825076bcfae4d36419bec2dd452c71.jpg
abf86a635c5a3dd4c1997b2f7546103a.jpg

Exhaust is also done except for tips. Waiting to see how bad the fumes are without them to decide if I even want/need them.
f97b8473354ec3c40794148f1383edf2.jpg
7bc2eb2d21893726e71bf6185ea54d32.jpg

Right now it exits pretty much even with the side skids.
463e57401fd421ef636d55e9a85ac9c2.jpg

Engine harness is in the mail (thanks p.hole), hoping to fire it this week and then I can put the passenger side interior back in. After that and taking care of all of the leaks that will surely pop up because thats how things go for me, she's pretty much ready to run.

I doubt it. That stuff was tearing up my carbide burrs just cleaning up the holes I plasma'd in.
4c14a35984f6be7622a40aee1fba2057.jpg

Eventually I'll probably run these bolt head protectors but at $8 a pop times 20 they get a little pricey. Not too bad but I could get at all of these with a monkey wrench if I had to.
294a1f809f26bc52543ba6ff7cf16c8a.jpg

Don't worry about the bolt head protectors, more trouble than they are worth because **** gets crammed in them or they bend and you cannot get a socket to fit in them. Easier to just take a file or grinder and touch up the edges of the bolt to make the wrench / socket fit again. nice build!!!

Wow, this is really coming out nicely!! Bet you're getting excited to take it out.

It's really looking great! How many hrs do you think you have in it???? A bunch I'm sure. Congrats sir :dblthumb:

Rjhoward32006 said:
Don't worry about the bolt head protectors, more trouble than they are worth because **** gets crammed in them or they bend and you cannot get a socket to fit in them. Easier to just take a file or grinder and touch up the edges of the bolt to make the wrench / socket fit again. nice build!!!
Good call and thanks. I thought about trying to recess the heads somehow but all of my ideas included welding the ar plate which I didn't really like.
TRD said:
Wow, this is really coming out nicely!! Bet you're getting excited to take it out.
Thanks man. I'm honestly a little nervous that something(s) won't be right but whatever it may be can't be any worse than anything I've already dealt with. Just wish it would get warm out already.
poolman said:
It's really looking great! How many hrs do you think you have in it???? A bunch I'm sure. Congrats sir :dblthumb:
Thanks. I have no idea on hrs. I'd guess an average of 10-15 per week for the past 1.5 years or so. Lol, I don't know but I know I'm slow.

Re:

Why wouldn't you weld the AR? We used to weld it in on farms that constantly wore out mild steel on their grain handling equipment.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk