• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BeerJ's BuzzBuggy Build-o-rama!

Even better. A guy at work said he's going to a poker run there on sat. Kinda strange since they don't normally allow quads or sxs's. I'm thinking they might be running on a different part of the property. Still, I don't recall being there that it seemed like the trails were overly congested. As long as the weather cooperates then it should be a good time.

That buggy looks great, and that wheeling looks insane! Driving up flowing waterfalls - yes please.

Thanks man. And I agree, that's an awesome spot for sure. I definitely want to get back up there sometime this season yet.

Teaser shot...
606b5f8f28bbd56dfd048baf45142b39.jpg

Been working on the buggy any lately or just the YJ?
Nothing much on the buggy, least not since last October ride. Just got back from vacation the other day so not a whole lot of progress to report on the yj either. Let me pop over to that thread and see if I've got any updates.

Nothing much on the buggy, least not since last October ride. Just got back from vacation the other day so not a whole lot of progress to report on the yj either. Let me pop over to that thread and see if I've got any updates.

Understandable on not much on the buggy since you've slightly had your hands tied with the YJ!

Understandable on not much on the buggy since you've slightly had your hands tied with the YJ!
That and really nothing to do on it. I change the oil once a year and that's about it. Last time out it started idling rough after a hard hit on the belly. Looks to be an o2 sensor. I do want to add a sound bar at some point though.

Figured I should update this and continue documenting my struggles. Started a thread about comms (https://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/threads/trail-comms.62852/page-2) and ended up basically going through my installation process. Gonna pick up where I left off over here. So my great new idea to solve the clearance for the plugs isn't really anything special or revolutionary but it works and will also allow for easier service/access in the future, something I'm not really known to take into consideration. All I did was cut the console panel, overlap 1" and screw them back together with some stainless rivnuts. Now this obviously pulled the rear portion away from the cage where it was going to mount but I'll just build the bottom and rear panel as one, overlap (or underlap rather) the back of the top panel and tab that to the cage as well. This way, I'll be able to remove the top panel which is what the units actually mount to and pull everything out the top, eliminating any need to wiggle up between the links and all that. Obviously, this probably won't be any help to others tackling a similar project, but this is my solution to my own created problem. It'll be great (enough for me).
20210913_121116.jpg
20210913_125929.jpg
20210913_125956.jpg

Last edited:
This is what I meant. You get the idea. Will get side panels as well. So the panel behind the radios will bolt to the tubing, and the 2 vertical pieces below the radios will bolt to the back side of the existing console. Maybe I should do less talking and more building.
20210913_152402.jpg
20210913_152421.jpg

at least it will look clean even if it's not the most ideal location
Honestly, I think I'd prefer this over having them face me. I just feel like it would be an annoying kind of bright when riding at night. Or maybe I'm justifying it to stay happy. Either one is fine for me.

Looks good and curious to see how the radios work for you with the buggy exhaust.
I'm hoping for the best. My biggest concern is that I can get the VOX adjusted so it picks up voices, and not the exhaust. That said, it isn't nearly as loud inside as out.

Honestly, I think I'd prefer this over having them face me. I just feel like it would be an annoying kind of bright when riding at night. Or maybe I'm justifying it to stay happy. Either one is fine for me.

Bright lights from the screen could double as cool interior lights.
I'm hoping for the best. My biggest concern is that I can get the VOX adjusted so it picks up voices, and not the exhaust. That said, it isn't nearly as loud inside as out.
I remember you saying that at Harlan last year.

Most of the intercoms I've used have a lot of electrical noise, which is a bigger issue than exhaust.

Latest posts