• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Half an inch off" (budget) rockwell build

Thanks. You "rockwell guys" are cool as the other side of the pillow.
It was built in an abandoned barn on my families land. I think only two other people's hands touched it during the build. Mostly my fault, I had plenty of people offer but I enjoyed the process of building it.
It still has a long list of "must be done" and "should be done" before wheeling.
I'm hoping I can get it over to Murrah motorsports and have him do an engine cage and maybe rework the windshield area.
I know it isn't cutting edge. He'll as far as Im concerned it is the simplest buggy you can build.
I promise as soon as I get home I will beat it like a "welfare, American flag walking on, drain to society"

Eddyj said:
List of things to do:

Secure brake lines
Change springs
Rotor guards
Axle boots
Charge shocks
Master kill switch
Exhaust
Lights
Engine cage
Skid plate
It is on the list. :****:

Happy independence day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    713.8 KB · Views: 164
Re: "Half an inch off" (budget) rockwell build

Eddyj said:
No I'm working in central Missouri. Just missing her... :'(
Ha how you liking all this damn rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Budget builds are my favorite!! Looks good man. I would add some kind of support to the rear lower link mount x-member, hard to tell if it has any support on it.

Yeah I got a mad scientist going through and fixing all my half assed work. He said "you really should have put a little more thought into bracing the sub frame while building chassis." Which translates to "what in the actual f&$k where you thinking?!?!?"

Thanks for the comment. I checked your Bean out at bikini bottom looks even better in person the cage work inside is awesome. You got my vote for TTC if you submit.

I'll get some pics this week. It's still at Murrah motorsports. ( rocfun )

The redo on the roof wasn't "necessary" but getting in and out sucked. Plus there was some additional bracing that needed to be done all over the chassis. So I figured why not. All the work that rocfun has done that I've seen to this point has been better than I expected. I would recommend him to anyone.
If all goes according to plan (hahaha) should be riding by Halloween.

Latest posts