• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

P's dads 55 Willys Wagon re-deux

P

If its free, its P
This is for my dads 55 Willys Overland, he's had it apart along time now. Took the engine down to check out and rebuild, has a good 700R4 and "used" to have a hybrid ol'man rigged Ford/Chevy-ish 208 that was making us nervous.. basically a chevy case with ford inners to make it a fixed output.

ANYWAY.............

I scored him a D300 trying to get it road worthy so he can wheel it / drive it like he used to and we started in getting the Tcase figured out behind the Tranny. I think its going to work out for his application with the tranny dropped down into a stock type arrangement ( not clocked )

Here's some shots from todays efforts.

DadstrannyTcase1.jpg

DadstrannyTcaseadapter.jpg

DadstrannyTcase.jpg

The motor is sitting back in it, its much updated with Howell TBI , cam , and puter flashed to match. Going to take some surgery to get the D300 to work with the front 4 link , Havent spent alot of time looking at it but can see that this has opened a can of worms either way.

Goal is to get it back to wheeling status and also make a decent driver out of it to return it to its glory days ! :driving: We will be working this one over in the coming month , it'll be good to have the ol rig out and about better than ever again ! :woot:

workday3-31004.jpg

Thanks man, he's had this thang for along time and its sat way to long this last go around. We're going to get it right though

Here's an older pic of it at GR

willys2.jpg

He did a few little things while I went wheeling all weekend. .... then yesterday I stole a wheel off of it so I could take mine to the carwash laughing1

It'll get some more attention this weekend

Because this thread is that damn OLD Im in the middle of HP60/Sterling 10.5 swap, and many other upgrades. Got a NWF Eco Blackbox yesterday going to run into a Ferd205. I'll tapatalk some pics

Back story : My Dad gave it to me a few years ago because it had sat in his yard for like 7yrs doing nothing.

P said:
Because this thread is that damn OLD Im in the middle of HP60/Sterling 10.5 swap, and many other upgrades. Got a NWF Eco Blackbox yesterday going to run into a Ferd205. I'll tapatalk some pics

Back story : My Dad gave it to me a few years ago because it had sat in his yard for like 7yrs doing nothing.

Post up pictures(if you can :flipoff1:) Love to see this build.

ADMINISTRATOR

j-mox said:
Man I love them old things! Trucks and wagons are just awesome!

I agree, but honestly my wife and I want a Scout 80 or 800 real bad. When we were in High School, I had a 62 Scout and she always loved that thing flashemifyougotem

Pulled the 241 outta the wagon tonight and got everything on the table. I got alotta cleaning to do on the 205, and got the 241 busted apart and draining.
f2d7119bd3fda74a6f8a0cde1429aa31.jpg
b97e78311e5965cb962464ce2eceeae2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

P said:
I agree, but honestly my wife and I want a Scout 80 or 800 real bad. When we were in High School, I had a 62 Scout and she always loved that thing flashemifyougotem

Yeah those are really cool too! My buddy has a completly stock 78' Scout that he picked up for $800 around 1990, rust free with 50,xxx miles on it. We drove the **** out of it for a year or two and then he did a spring over with 35's for awhile. Sadly he quit driving it not long after and its been rotting in his yard for about 20 years now.

Latest posts