• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HPO - Toy Run - December 4-6, 2015

J

jonpiper

I'll announce a few more details shortly.

All toys will be donated to the Shoals Salvation Army.

The Salvation Army requested the toys turned in Dec 7th, I hated to schedule a toy run on the same date as another but it's all for a great cause.

:driving:

Re: HPO toy run - dec 4-6

I think its fine, some would disagree with me and I have seen it proven. We have a ride at Aetna scheduled the same day and are taking donations of toys then just taking our toys over to AOP and donating them since they are close to us and their toy run is the same day. Its all for a great cause so two collection points are better than one the way I look at it.

rednecklights said:
Thanks bro-ski !

Even better !

I have always wanted to go to HPO and I couldn't find a better reason than a toy ride, but Santa Crawls is my favorite ride of the year, period....

See its all good I am not the only one who scheduled a ride on top of another ride. :dblthumb: On a side note I wished someone would buy some land in Bradley/McMinn county so it would be in my back yard and I could have a toy ride there.

AOP has their Toy Run scheduled on the 5th too.

I'll have to see what kind of damage i do at RBD the weekend before...

rednecklights said:
Hey man, there are kids in all counties that need some Christmas love. Parks like choco and aop that have things for kids and that help their communities are parks I want to ride at and support. I looked at the calendar and that was the last weekend the Salvation Army of the shoals will be accepting donations/toys for the angel tree and it's really the only non big event weekend to choose from. Now, I hope every park that has a toy run gets 5000+ toys to give away. If we can give 5 toys away to kids in need the that will be 5 kids that get to smile.

Pick a park and bring a toy - it's not about us it's about the Youngins !

With that being said, if it needed to change to the next weekend, I am affiliated with Toys for Tots and ours don't have to be turned in until the following weekend. The downfall to that idea is that it wouldn't benefit the chirrens in the shoals area which, I am sure is Piper's goal. So...what I am trying to say is if you want to give twice, find a Marine manning a Toys for Tots box and donate. Shake his/her hand and thank them for their service and kill two birds with one stone!

Doesn't matter how many parks have a toy run on the same day, as long everyone shows up to one with a toy and supports.

rednecklights said:
Hey man, there are kids in all counties that need some Christmas love. Parks like choco and aop that have things for kids and that help their communities are parks I want to ride at and support. I looked at the calendar and that was the last weekend the Salvation Army of the shoals will be accepting donations/toys for the angel tree and it's really the only non big event weekend to choose from. Now, I hope every park that has a toy run gets 5000+ toys to give away. If we can give 5 toys away to kids in need the that will be 5 kids that get to smile.

Pick a park and bring a toy - it's not about us it's about the Youngins !

Dammit Piper, I will... I will be going to Santa Crawls, but I would have went either to AOP of Hawk Pride if they were more spread out, I am all for these rides (they are my favorite of the year), I just see no reason to stack them up all on the same day, but toys are toys and I know the kids will be happy either way

smbroady82 said:
That's right!

If you can't make it to one of these rides, be sure to send some toys up with someone who is going! :dblthumb:

:dblthumb: more parks with toy rides equals more toys for kids.

I'll be there with a couple buddies.. Should be a good time.

Is it bring a toy to get in? Or bring a toy in addition to the fees? Either way, we'll all be bringing a toy!

Latest posts