• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultra 4 or rock bouncer

Beerj said:
I'm guessing bouncer. After the success of his trailing arm setup, I'm guessing he's looking to step it up again with ifs/irs. Pretty soon, bouncers will just be ultra4 cars with swampers and no skins. :'(
Could be .. They never do to bad at the "bouncer vs ultra4" shindig... But then again I haven't seen them run some of the knarley hills those guys race up ... Cha Ching is what I think when I see it.

FYI the Proformance D80 is $11,600 each per their website

http://media.wix.com/ugd/851d52_712b49c14f9b43a086eda31104a8428e.pdf

851d52_868d0a1cc76a495d9369e88f8e7da322.jpg_srb_p_800_533_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

Re:

For $11,600 each, they should at least give you a 35% picture with each center section.

Hell, turn all that aluminum to steel and get me a weight difference between the two.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Ultra 4 or rock bouncer

redneckengineered said:
I think it's funny that they took media pictures of a unobtanium proprietary diff with an off the shelf shitbox yoke from Costco
I was thinking the same thing.

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
For $11,600 each, they should at least give you a 35% picture with each center section.

Hell, turn all that aluminum to steel and get me a weight difference between the two.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

I was curious of the weight too, I took the dimension off their website and modeled it. http://media.wix.com/ugd/851d52_d2e907df5ae34de9bef5642162ffde15.pdf

These are just rough estimates but the aluminum housing isn't near as heavy as I thought.

Aluminum ~ 740.203 oz / 16 = 46.26 lbs
Steel ~ 2152.072 oz / 16 = 134.5 lbs

Pimpin ain't easy but it sure is fun huh Timmie. Go go son build some next level ****. We wanna see it at the hammers on Friday night under the lights with the flat billers...

Beerj said:
Now just plog that **** into a cnc and make me some real cheap!

I really don't think that diff would be the best choice unless you're trying to get 30"+ of wheel travel. The 80 ring gear might be what he's is and it is no doubt a really neat concept but you can run a spidertrax IFS diff with a 14.63" width and easily get 20" of travel and match that with a mid board wheel hub and 25"+ is obtainable.

If you've got the money spend it cause as far as I know I haven't seen another one in the states and its definitely going to have that cool factor.

The price isn't terrible once you price a Gearworks HP 10" and Chromolly 4" Spidertrax housing.

JDodd said:
I really don't think that diff would be the best choice unless you're trying to get 30"+ of wheel travel. The 80 ring gear might be what he's is and it is no doubt a really neat concept but you can run a spidertrax IFS diff with a 14.63" width and easily get 20" of travel and match that with a mid board wheel hub and 25"+ is obtainable.

If you've got the money spend it cause as far as I know I haven't seen another one in the states and its definitely going to have that cool factor.

Im gona guess that he isn't worried about wheel travel.... more about strength. Take 1000hp and stickies and land under wide open throttle its need to be as strong as possible

I assume this is for IFS right? I know I go about things different from most, but if I was going to engineer an ultimate center section for an IFS car, I would want it to be a top load setup where I could run my driveshafts as straight as I could.This would kill two problems at once. After running rockwells and never ever worrying about driveshafts I find it hard to believe that this setup isn't used more commonly in KOH style rigs.And im not saying run rocks Im saying just a top loader center section in an IFS setup, just to be clear