• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Southern Four Wheel Drive Association 2016

JohnG said:
Just curious, what do you think the appropriate level of email communication should be? Once a year, bi-monthly, every month, every week, please don't say daily.

I'm already a SFWDA member thru our club RCRC. SFWDA doesn't spam members with a lot of crap. I would say they usually send me an email once each month. Sometimes I might get 2 or 3 in a month if is something special is happening like Dixie Run.

NIB

SFWDA Board of Directors Update

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays from your SFWDA Family

December 24, 2015

This holiday season we the Southern Four Wheel Association want to say Thank You! To each of our Individual Members, Premium and Clubs Members alike, and of course a huge thanks to each of our supporting Business Members. It would never happen without your support. Together we expect to strive forward through 2016. Our mission to continually educate enthusiasts on the best practices of safety, and environmental impact to improve off road habits and techniques, as well as proactively working as a larger voice within our Governments and OHV Parks to preserve the ability to recreate in such a beautiful part of the country.

Now enjoy this Holiday Poem that we can all appreciate.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays from the Southern Four Wheel Drive Association

The Winch that Saved Christmas

The wind was quite heavy on one Christmas Eve,
Santa traveled by ground, behind schedule, if you believe.
He was cruising through California in his mighty red sleigh,
And said, "If I don't hurry, there will be no Christmas Day."

Blitzen turned around and said, "Santa, you won't fail,
We Reindeer found a short-cut called the Rubicon Trail."
They headed for the trail, but when they got there,
The rocks looked much bigger than they did from the air.

Up hill the reindeer struggled to make the sleigh go,
And getting around those rocks made the progress quite slow.
They tried really hard but there just wasn't a way,
To get axle articulation from an old wooden sleigh.

Where the rocks are quite steep, Santa ran out of luck,
Even with nine reindeer, he finally got stuck.
The Rubicon Trail is no place for a sleigh full of toys,
Santa sighed, "I've failed all those good girls and boys!"

"They'll rise in the morning, leave their rooms and say,
'Under the tree, it is empty, is there NO CHRISTMAS DAY?'"
They couldn't budge the sleigh, no matter how hard they tried,
Santa felt so hopeless he sat down and cried.

Suddenly in the distance came a loud clanking sound,
Like an old wind-up toy that's been too tightly wound.
They saw it come over a boulder with a creep,
A rock crawlin', mud boggin' Jeep.

It's fenders were dented, and it's sides were all scratched,
The top had big holes that hadn't been patched.
But its tires were big ones, 37 inch,
And on it's front bumper was a shiny new winch.

"If you're taking the Rubicon," the Jeep started to say,
"Go with a group and get mud tires for that sleigh."
Santa said, "I'm sorry, I feel like a jerk,"
The old Jeep said nothing, it just went to work

The sleigh was unstuck and free in a cinch,
Thanks to that Jeep and it's shiny new winch.
Santa went on to fulfill Christmas day,
With the old Jeep leading the way.

Now many years have passed and the reindeer are older,
They don't fly very well when the weather gets colder.
But Santa's still out there every year without fail,
Fulfilling his promise in the air and on the trail.

On Christmas Eve, if you chance to look in the sky,
You just might see him in that old Jeep.

Copyright © 2015 Southern Four Wheel Drive Association, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
775 N Union Grove Rd
Friendsville, TN 37737

JohnG said:
There are some member discounts for us, but I am not sure how to access that list. I will ask at the next Leadership Committee web conference.

Thanks for the support JohnG. Ive followed this thread but overlooked the question above...

to access the Membership Discounts you've got to be logged into our site, as some vendors wanted these codes to be available ONLY to our supporting members. Once logged in you can access them here:
http://www.sfwda.org/memberdiscounts#action=SpecialOffers&cid=1044&did=104

Im not going to give a hard sell, John and the folks he listed above have provided SFWDA Membership to HardlineCrawlers forum members at no cost... BUT... If you are of a mind that you believe in the association, want to support it individually, and get some nice gear in return, we do offer a Premium Membership. Its $50, you get a nice poly shirt, a hat, and some SFWDA Stickers, access to SFWDA Leadership council meetings and entry in some Premium Member exclusive raffles that we will do at big events through the year. (We gave away a Yeti to a Premium Member at our December annual meeting). Also, we do offer business memberships if you would like to associate your business, offroad related or otherwise with SFWDA.

If a Premium or Business membership is something you're interested in you can go to www.sfwda.org/join for more details and to sign up.

Trailfest is coming up and you can register and get details at www.sfwda.org/trailfest if you havent already.

Finally, if you arent receiving our news letter and would like to, you can subscribe at www.sfwda.org at the bottom of the page. also, follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/SFWDA/

I dont want to clutter up the forum here with SFWDA stuff, but wanted to chime in, answer the question above and reach out to the HardlineCrawlers community. Any questions, feel free to message me here or email me at [email protected] and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Latest posts