• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rockwell trail buggy build

Local place called industrial surplus they buy of surplus items and literally have anything you could ever want in there some times I will just go there and walk through his warehouse and look bc he has so much random stuff something will catch your eye or find something you been looking for

jccarter1 said:
Local place called industrial surplus they buy of surplus items and literally have anything you could ever want in there some times I will just go there and walk through his warehouse and look bc he has so much random stuff something will catch your eye or find something you been looking for

Where is this place at?

You must be the one Blair was asking me if I knew. I'm right off 101 on the Town Creek side. Bout 2 miles from DG. Like to come check out this build in person one day. thumb.gif

Thanks travler you made a shaft for a transfer case for a water truck a few years ago and I still am impressed about your quality of work, Draco I live about 1 mile to the west of Hatton school anytime you more than welcome to come check it out. I need to get up with you sometime to get you to cut out some tabs on your plasma table

And industrial surplus is in muscle shoals off second street across the road from Martin supply they have two warehouse full of stuff and he sells cheap

jccarter1 said:
Draco I live about 1 mile to the west of Hatton school anytime you more than welcome to come check it out. I need to get up with you sometime to get you to cut out some tabs on your plasma table

And industrial surplus is in muscle shoals off second street across the road from Martin supply they have two warehouse full of stuff and he sells cheap

Yea man, not a problem. I'll PM you my number, you can call or text me what you need. I'll swing them by and check out the rig. :dblthumb:

Thanks for the surplus info...Hadn't heard of it.

Got a few hours to work on this thing this past week and got a few things done

Started by making upper front link mounts that fit where I need it to keep the geometry correct

You are going to be dangerous in the rig. Looks good man keep it up.
At full twist will the uppers clear the frame?

Thanks I tend to over build things sometimes but i really want a rig that I can abuse and drive back on the trailer

jccarter1 said:
Thanks I tend to over build things sometimes but i really want a rig that I can abuse and drive back on the trailer
I have never saw you drive hard in anything! And I have rode with you a lot......................................................... :flipgotcha:

You are dangerous in your jeep, you are going to be a menace to society in this thing! Looks good man. You have a finish date you are shooting for?

Re:

Think you will be out of the weight limit for the yota wrecker, if you rip the front end of it. Lol

Yea I am hoping to be done by the time my little girl goes to school she is about to be one so that gives me s few years :rolf: I don't get much time to work on it maybe a few hours a week so if I can get it done in a year or so I will be happy

Got s few things knocked last night got front shock hoops in and got the mounts in as well..... The Shock mounts look pretty simple but there was a lot of work to get it to fit in the hoop like I wanted (hopefully it will protect the shock in a bad rollover) and have full range of motion on the shock eye after some failed tries with flat steel I realized that I could overcome the compound angle problems I was running into by using some bent/rolled steel stock and even though it took 6 hours I was very happy with the final outcome. This was the first real test to see the shock travel and suspension motion and I was very please. Ride height will be 20 inch belly with 16inch coilovers front and rear at ride height it has total of 10 1/2 inch up travel and 3 inch air bumps should make for a smooth ride but might need a sway bar in the rear to help balance it out. Also got started on motor mounts and drivetrain mounts.

""Golf clap"" way to go.
I went through the exact same thing and gave up and did standard mounts. I always said I would go beck and redo them. I think I did it 3 different times.

I still got a few feet of this rolled plate you are welcome to it I couldn't believe how much it helped the angles