• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rockwell trail buggy build

Wow !
In for another ride on Maverick when that badass machine is done !!

Looks sharp ! :smoke:

Hate hadn't been by to get in tha way been covered up & behind at wrk... The front shock hoops looks awesome!! :****: I swing by in a few days to check out the progress!!! & sit in it & make vroom vroom sounds!!! :driving:

Hub will be in with h1 wheels with 3in backspacing. Steering will be 10 double ram on both axles with rear steer joystick setup that works off power steering pump might do a krt pump or considered the dual pump bracket that patparts sells. It will be a carrier bearing I already made the carrier bearing setup just need to get it mounted it will be all 1410 joints

Your upper axle mounts are rounded. What do you have planned for bump stop pads? The axles have a lot of roll when they twist.

Only update I have is got set of tires in and mounted and mounted bump stops still got to build tops for link brackets to hold bump pads but the front is pretty much done ;D

Two sets of stickies?!?! BBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLER!
What are you using for links?

I'm glad I get to watch this build it is everything I wanted to do,but I'm to lazy. thumb.gif

Eddyj said:
Two sets of stickies?!?! BBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLER!
What are you using for links?

I'm glad I get to watch this build it is everything I wanted to do,but I'm to lazy. thumb.gif

Well since I quit doing hookers and blow I seem to have a lot more money molaugh upper links are 2 inch .250 wall DOM lower 2 1/4 inch .375 wall DOM

jccarter1 said:
Well since I quit doing hookers and blow I seem to have a lot more money molaugh

Hope that freed up some time also...Since you threw a wrench in our plans...You get to help me build one now. laughing1

Been a little busy with life lately, I lost my father a month ago so haven't really had much time to get into the shop but over this time I did get a few days to tinker around and finish up a few items... Not much but at least keep mind busy.

Finally decided to order a intake after looking for a LS6 intake for months got this one from eBay which hotrod mag tested and it did pretty darn good for the price it is really low profile and with some fuel rail brackets I was able to use my injectors

I also have been working on the rear suspension and link mounts it took a little work to get it the way I wanted but I was able to gain a little horizontal separation from my upper rear mounts and I was able to make a 4 position tab for my uppers as well

I also wanted a mount that would protect me in case the upper link broke or came loose so I kept the top part closed off and made the mount to a piece 1/4 plate to keep it from going into the seat if anything happened it is also mounted at a angle so it would hopefully deflect downward..... Might be overkill but last thing I want is to be corn dogged by the link bar :rolf:

Going to try to get the rear shock and bump stop setup done next then I will start to finish up the cage and fuel cell

Sorry to hear about your father.
I get way to excitied when I see your build pop up! It's like everything I wanted to do if I led a "normal" life.
I like the thought you put into the links. thumb.gif I wonder if a small chain or cable loop would be possible? Looking forward to see rear bump stop set up.
Keep up the quality work. I've seen you drive... No such thing as overbuilt.

Sorry about your father. :-\

I'm looking at the same intake manifold and I was wondering if the stock truck injectors and fuel rail could be used ?

They will work with custom brackets and if you have the truck injectors you have to pop the little caps off the bottom.