• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rockwell trail buggy build

:gay: haha this man is the one who told me about it and yea I used truck injectors with the bottom caps removed and then bent up some brackets to hold it down I liked everything about the intake beside the janky ass gasket that they provide it could use a little refining

Sorry to hear about your loss buddy.

Buggy looks great! Ever think about taking something cool of your dad's and incorporating it into the buggy? Like a shift knob or something?

Yea it has been rough losing him but he is the one who taugh me all the skills to be able to do this build so it is nice to get out into the shop and work on it and remember all the things we would work on growing up. Not to mention I am very lucky before he passed away he was able to see my little girl and the life I was able build. I also got to have a good sit down talk with him about two weeks before he passed, and let him know how great a father and role model he was and how much he taught me to be a man. I can't tell you how much closure this gave me when he did go bc this talk wasnt planned we were just out to eat one night and it kinda came up. Just good to have a father you could look up to thumb.gif this is a good pic from a few years ago at hale mountain he kept telling me to hit it harder I kept telling him we were going to flip..... I was right we had to leave him in there while flipped back bc he wasn't mobile enough to get out while upside down we all had a good laugh about that

thing is SICK !! maybe if i would have started a little earlier in life i could build something like this !!

Thanks my wife can't grasp why after I spend all day dealing with work **** (industrial fab and construction) how I enjoy doing this haha but I just wish I had more time to actually get something done

Re: Re: Rockwell trail buggy build

jccarter1 said:
Thanks my wife can't grasp why after I spend all day dealing with work **** (industrial fab and construction) how I enjoy doing this haha but I just wish I had more time to actually get something done
I know what you mean. I wish I could make more time to spend with the wife and kiddo and still work on my rig and work on everything else around the place.

I hate to hear that about you dad passing. What you posted about the last conversation you had with him got me to thinking about it and I had a similar conversation with my dad.

Yea now that I have a kid I understand how much that means bc I know ever since my little girl was born my only goal in life is to be there for her and make sure she has whatever she needs

So progress has been very slow even for my standards got a few more part in the pile of stuff that needs to be done and got a few odds and ends done like test drive shaft and rear shock mounted and most of the rear tube work going to have to get creative on mounting bump stops and the pads they will hit but this is a few pics of the little bit of progress

No :dunno: have a huge project with work so been short on time and just recently took a project for a guy that used to work for me who is wanting to get into jeeps again so all my shop time for the past month has been on this thing but I am pretty happy how it is turning out and it has regained some motivation to work on my stuff

jccarter1 said:
No :dunno: have a huge project with work so been short on time and just recently took a project for a guy that used to work for me who is wanting to get into jeeps again so all my shop time for the past month has been on this thing but I am pretty happy how it is turning out and it has regained some motivation to work on my stuff

Show me the boggers !!!!!

So you spend all your free time going on dates with rednecklights instead of finishing this beast up??
Should be coming back from powder coat about now.