• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ordered a 3d printer

twizt3dfuc

HL2OG
Any of the fellow hardliners 3d printing anything. I have wanted one for a while and have seen a demand in parts for firearms. I have found many flock extension floors and an upper picatinny adapter so it could quite possibly pay itself off pretty quickly. I really want to get in to making holsters. Having every model of gen 4 quickly accessible it shouldn't take long before I have the files even if I make my own models

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Re:

I am a pawn broker/firearms dealer if you are curious why I have alot of firearms accessible. I'm looking into grip panels and all that jazz, that mixed with cerakoting should give a lot of customization options for my customers.

No printing anything, but i bought one a while back and have yet to put it to use. I got some 3d design skills, but nothing over the top. Try designing some stuff got frustrated and havent touched it since. I have a Flash Forge with a bunch of ABS spools. Post some pics when you start printing some stuff.

Re:

You got it buddy. I'll probably start small skill. The glock picatinny adapter top rail has captured my eye. I sell an ass ton of glocks so if I can make a print to mount a holo without an "mos" slide is a great idea in my eyes.

Re:

InDaShop said:
Like on a lake? or ocean going? :stir:

Fail! That would be sailing!

Sale would indicate an item for purchase at a discounted price.

I think he meant sell...

8b54cf8a4bc8fd6976e2367feb88e373.jpg

1911 grip panel

First successful print... Leveling the bed on the printer is hard as hell, but now I can make ****.

Bringing this back up from the dead since it's the only 3D printer thread on here.

Anyone still mess with these? Needing to have a small item 3D printed if possible.

Mongo44 said:
Use shapeways. Been the most cost effective for me for custom, one-off stuff with a guaranteed good quality.

Will look into that for sure. A buddy has a 3D printer but been having technical difficulties with it as of late.

Contacted Shapeways, but unfortunately the design software my buddy uses (Sketch-Up) isn't supported by their system.

They gave me a long list of designers, but before I give some random designer any info, figured I'd check in with the Hardline crew to see if A) anyone could design it for me using one of their supported software systems or B) see if I could pay someone from here to design and print it off for me.

Just let me know if anyone is interested in helping me out with this easy print job.

Re:

TBItoy said:
What file type do they need?

Just now saw this. They needed a .stl file, which my buddy didn't have the plugin for.

Got in contact with this guy who is located in Spring Hill, TN. Got it knocked out in no time, very reasonably priced, and was able to pick it up after work tonight. He said he typically ships all over the country with various jobs. Will be using him again in the future and highly recommend him to anyone on here.

http://www.midtenmaker.com/blog/

ridered3 said:
Just now saw this. They needed a .stl file, which my buddy didn't have the plugin for.

Got in contact with this guy who is located in Spring Hill, TN. Got it knocked out in no time, very reasonably priced, and was able to pick it up after work tonight. He said he typically ships all over the country with various jobs. Will be using him again in the future and highly recommend him to anyone on here.

http://www.midtenmaker.com/blog/
Buddy Chris think (croes) is putting a lt4 in my buggy. The water neck for the t-stat is plastic and we wanted to run AN. So he drew one up and prototyped one on a 3d printer then made the real deal out of a stainless steel 3d printer
71ceb0d4bcc24c5b24ad77382e0cfc8b.jpg
03d958d099341a542ab5f079623c779a.jpg
4497d363ea9366ee41099a8da7ac6587.jpg
556efed80dc54a303c44c40a52488d1e.jpg
d3bbc514b06432c5effd58b20aaa0685.jpg
a3dd4e64cf05842f84f7c566444e4b12.jpg
eae9659944d332f587db64558d29e986.jpg
1e0bcc6ddf1fefbded084a03dee4ff47.jpg
e8a4c22c0761093a205dc8b07681b1c8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Ordered a 3d printer

rockwhore said:
did you guys video any of this process? would be cool to see it all happening with parts relative to our sport. this is extremely interesting and exciting.
I have video of the start of it. For some reason I'm not able to save the video. It took 20 hours to print this part.
05571663d319a8f7f338d0d81e7c70fc.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk