• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Long Travel GM questions

Speeding

Forum member #1
Hardline Crawler
So I have a 2004 Silverado that has an engine knock. I think I t is worth more to keep and fix for me than it is to sell. That being said I'm thinking about swapping a 6.0 in it and doing a 4wd long travel kit... Just tossing the idea around really but I don't know anything about long travel kits. Any of the west coast guys know some good stuff? Would like 12"+ of front travel. Probably just do deaver rear springs with some decent shocks. Ideally run a 37.

This is one of my favorites I've found for the price and 15" of travel...
http://www.vegasdezertfab.com/product/1999-2006-chevy-4wd-silverado-1500-long-travel-suspension-kit

Any advice would be awesome.

You plan on actually doin some desert jumpin' style wheeling with it? That's a lot of money for a capable mall crawler. Has cool factor, but wouldn't be practical for me, because I'm not sure where I'd use it? Speedbumps at college maybe? molaugh

Also, the pics in that link look like the rear wheels do not stick out to match the new width of the front end? That looks ghey to me.....but again, I drive a Polaris Ranger now.... booyang

Wouldn't this be a Wyatt question? Didn't he do something along these lines last year? I think it was him and it looked amazing. :dblthumb:

Yep, Wyatt is yer desert tech man on this board.

Hell, put some links, ton axles, 40's and some armor on it and have you a comfortable bouncer with heat and a/c..... :****:

So basically you want to put a new motor in a old slapped out truck and then drop more money than the truck itself even cost on suspension and drivetrain upgrades.

Re: Re: Long Travel GM questions

bbone said:
So basically you want to put a new motor in a old slapped out truck and then drop more money than the truck itself even cost on suspension and drivetrain upgrades.
Isn't that what we usually do?

Re: Re: Re: Long Travel GM questions

TBItoy said:
Isn't that what we usually do?
As far as I know that's what any sort of auto enthusiast does :****:

. do you plan to actually use it or is it more the cool factor? You can do a nice mid travel setup and fiberglass if you wanna look like a prerunner and still have a decent working suspension.

Mazulla camburg ready lift and blitzkrieg all make some good product from what I've seen.. the rear if you want any travel you pretty much have to run the deavers and bedcage with big travel shocks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Haha I totally started daydreaming about seeing you drifting corners through town with one front tire off the ground. I say find out what's wrong with that motor and get it fixed. Who knows, it might be something simple. Sell the truck, buy a buggy and let's go rock bounce some trails.

CHASMAN9 said:
Wouldn't this be a Wyatt question? Didn't he do something along these lines last year? I think it was him and it looked amazing. :dblthumb:

Yeah he ruined my idea when I talked to him. He said to long travel my new 2014 GMC. I'm not on board with jumping my new truck I don't think! Haha

bbone said:

Yes. Glad we are on the same page!

Honestly I want to have the truck to cruise backroads on the weekends and drift some dirt roads. Maybe take it off some sweet jumps. It seems like a good idea in theory I just don't know many who have had good experience with this type build

If it don't look like this when you're done it's a fail!!! LOL

11931098_1688123178070649_1490553671_n.jpg

Honestly, I've got a hard on for building a truck like this to do the same thing you're talking about. Just haven't found the right money tree yet!