• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

FiTech Fuel injection

Yes, sent it back yesterday. Should have a new one in a few weeks.
They seemed very eager to get me taken care of and maybe their phone system really was screwed up. It only took one well worded email to get a prompt reply.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll post up once I get the new one going.

Fitech received it on Wednesday morning. Gonna give them til next Wednesday to give me an update, then the emails and phone calls start again.

At this point, I would like my money back and I'll get a dual propane setup.

Well, it's been a week. Sent an email to FiTech and PACE Performance to let them know it's been 9 weeks since I originally placed my order and I still don't have a working FiTech throttle body. I will start with the phone calls tomorrow and more emails after that.

I don't know what else to do. Any thoughts?

This is pretty sad customer service, i was really thinking hard of buying one of these units but im questioning that now, if you purchased it through paypal id file a claim or if you used a credit card call the company and see if they can get ur money back, but id wait to see how the phone calls go tomorrow first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoke with credit card company today and they said they could do a merchant dispute if I needed. Called FiTech, after another unanswered email, and they said it was being shipped back to me today.

Just to let them know where I was at with my thoughts on the matter and after they told me it was being shipped, I informed them I was going to file the merchant dispute. If it gets back to me before I do the paperwork I guess it would be better for them.

Hopefully after all the crap I've went through, I can stop making vroom, vroom noises in my garage and be back on the trail.

I've been following this. Man it's disappointing how they've done. I was considering their injection on an old truck I'm building the wife. I hate it for you man.

Still waiting on it to be delivered. They haven't responded to any emails or given me a tracking number.

They've got another week for me to receive it then I'm filing my claim.

Got the fitech unit installed today. It fired up right out of the box, but died shortly after. Adjusted butterflies open just a bit, hit starter and all is good, so far. Once I got my timing set, I got the throttle a few times and it seems to respond pretty good.

All I've done is adjusted the idle a bit to see where I wanted it. All the info I'm getting from ecm seems correct. Rpm, afr, coolant temp, and such.

Gonna try to go for a test run Saturday so I'll post up once I put it through the paces.

I too purchased a FiTech and it took forever for it to come in. Buggy still in its infancy stage so I haven't been able to use it. Keep us posted on its performance I have a lot of hope for this thing!!

wimpykid said:
Got the fitech unit installed today. It fired up right out of the box, but died shortly after. Adjusted butterflies open just a bit, hit starter and all is good, so far. Once I got my timing set, I got the throttle a few times and it seems to respond pretty good.

All I've done is adjusted the idle a bit to see where I wanted it. All the info I'm getting from ecm seems correct. Rpm, afr, coolant temp, and such.

Gonna try to go for a test run Saturday so I'll post up once I put it through the paces.

Can you tell if its the same unit you sent in? Or did they just box up a new one and hope for the best when it got there? I'm curious as to what the problem was, it's clearly on their end.

It is the same unit. It looks like they have had it torn apart and I could smell fuel. Could have been from my engine, but I'm assuming they actually had it on a test engine. I couldn't determine if any wiring has been changed, but to be honest I didn't inspect the wires before I installed it.

I will call to let them know it is working and try to get some info as to what repairs were made. Last time I spoke with them, the returns guy didn't have/give that info.

I have hopes that it performs as well as all my research found. I will say, I like how much cleaner the exhaust smells compared to the factory ford Efi that was on my old engine. One thing I'm going to pay attention to, I've only ran it for a few minutes at a time, but when it first fires(cold start), the idle is low(500-600 RPM's) for a few seconds, then it comes up to the set point. This may correct after it runs more.

Yeah, it's all the same. That could be why it idles so slow for first 20-30 seconds.

I'll rape it a bit tomorrow to see how everything reacts. I'll be close to a trailer and any tool I might need, so it will get a full test. At least for my standards.