• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

FiTech Fuel injection

Glad to hear they came through.. Sux that it took so long tho...
Good luck w test drive.

Test run went fairly good. Timing, timing, timing. The new engine is probably a bit more radical than I was expecting and we're still putting more timing to it. Each time we add some timing, it gets better. Gonna get with lunati and comp to get there suggestions on a cam. May need to set up a dyno session to get it right.

Engine specs are: 9.7:1 347, 192cc Canfield heads, xe282hr Comp cam, 1.6 roller rockers.

The fitech does pretty good, but it does act like it loads up a bit at idle, AFR is 13.9-14.4. Top end is nice though, but it will stutter if you get on it too early. I'll keep tuning until I get things as good as they can be. And as I said earlier, maybe dyno tune it.

Re:

Around 36 degree total advance should be about where that engine should be happy without detonation.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The distributor was locked out and I unlocked it, putting springs and bushing kit in before I fired the engine. Set it up to be all in around 3000 rpm with 20 degrees of advance. Initial timing was set at 14, but I must have done something wrong when I set it. It wouldn't pull a greasy string out of a cat's arse until we started turning the timing up. I'll check it now that it's running better, at idle and about 3500 to see where it's at.

Would it be better to lock out the advance and go from there?

I will add, I bought the motor from pushrod racing on hardline and it's done right. I must be close with the tune, cause when I bump 2nd gear you have be quick with your reaction, and drive is another story!

Re: Re: FiTech Fuel injection

wimpykid said:
The distributor was locked out and I unlocked it, putting springs and bushing kit in before I fired the engine. Set it up to be all in around 3000 rpm with 20 degrees of advance. Initial timing was set at 14, but I must have done something wrong when I set it. It wouldn't pull a greasy string out of a cat's arse until we started turning the timing up. I'll check it now that it's running better, at idle and about 3500 to see where it's at.

Would it be better to lock out the advance and go from there?
I may not be the most knowledgeable but if the FiTech unit controls timing, I would lock it out. If not I would let it advance.

My distributor will not work without having a cdi box, so I can't use the fitech timing control. It seems odd to me that it won't work using the fitech timing control, but it doesn't.

Id like to see a video of the beatdown run, sounds like a good motor off the specs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/uwJnsJ7MpEY

This hill is about 3 miles from my house. Thirty minutes or so before this video, there were three of us climbing it with ease. This is after a monsoon came.

I may be short shifting 1st to 2nd, but the noise from shortie headers and 2 foot of pipe is deafening. I'm in the process of building some long tubes outside the frame and possibly putting mufflers on.