• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

FiTech Fuel injection

https://youtu.be/zsLTdaZdwEE

This will show how slick the hill was. Yeah, that's Chevy power.

The video I didn't get was Marty's 15 yr old daughter making it as far as I did, maybe a bit further. She's a better driver than her daddy!

https://youtu.be/THI0G16eqKs

The 4.0 stutter!

As I said earlier, we all made it before the rain.

Looks like a 1st gear hill for ol'Silver. ;)

You can see how steep it looks from the angle of the trees vs the trail. Hell it just looks steep anyway....

Sounds good at idle but quit being a wimp and mash it and let er eat ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wimpykid said:
My distributor will not work without having a cdi box, so I can't use the fitech timing control. It seems odd to me that it won't work using the fitech timing control, but it doesn't.

Page 10 of the install manual says it will work with an external cdi box and still control timing as long as the dizzy is locked out. I hope this is the case because it is my plan to control timing if I ever get this thing together. Glad to hear you're running again.

wimpykid said:
I will add, I bought the motor from pushrod racing on hardline and it's done right. I must be close with the tune, cause when I bump 2nd gear you have be quick with your reaction, and drive is another story!

Im glad you finally got to run it, sounds really good in the video. Im with some others my thoughts on fitech was like msd grid and programmable ignitions....I thought dist had to be locked but im not as up to date will all this as id like to be.

If this motor wasn't so radical as far as the cam I could see letting the FiTech control timing , but the msd is much better at controlling it. This was first shake down run so it will get better. It definitely likes the upper end.

Warewolf SD said:
Page 10 of the install manual says it will work with an external cdi box and still control timing as long as the dizzy is locked out. I hope this is the case because it is my plan to control timing if I ever get this thing together. Glad to hear you're running again.
Yeah, we tried it that way, but it wouldn't fire at all. Before I sent it back and after, so have to use msd box. I still don't understand why, but that's the way it is.

Fitech is doing good, but a bit lean as far as I can tell at wot. I'll get it dialed in before too much longer.

Zjman said:
Sounds good at idle but quit being a wimp and mash it and let er eat ????

Yeah tell me about. I've still got at least 1500 RPMs of motor left. Rev control is turned down for now.

tonybolton said:
Looks like a 1st gear hill for ol'Silver. ;)

You can see how steep it looks from the angle of the trees vs the trail. Hell it just looks steep anyway....

If I had your :driving: skills, I'd be able to make it to the top.

Well, the bad luck with the FiTech **** is happening again :****: It will not fire.

This has to be the biggest piece of __________ !!!

I tried calling them, but no answer. Two rings and their mailbox is full, BULLSHIT! So, I wrote another email to FiTech, including Johnny McDevitt at PACE Performance, stating I am filing a claim against them to try and get my money back for the POS they sold me.

DO NOT buy a FiTech fuel system what ever you do! They are junk!!!

Damn i hate to hear that, i was really wanting one for my heep

They did call last Thursday. Talked to a tech and he walked me through what he thought could be the issue.

When running fitech with a CDI box, keep fitech wires separate from CDI wires. I did not have my fitech wires crossing over the cdi coil wires, but did have ignition wires and tach signal wires run together. These wires connect to same place, respectively, so that shouldn't matter.

Update from last bashing of fitech: Would not fire wednesday. Cut two zip ties which had tach signal wires loops together and engine fires Thursday, after speaking with FiTech and confirming nothing touching cdi coil wires. Beat on it pretty good Saturday with no issues, so fitech is calling it good and will not give a refund.

The unit does really good When it is running and they still claim this is very rare, as in only case they have seen like this.

If I have this issue again, I'm going to wrap the wires in shielding tape to try and mitigate any electrical noise/interference they say is causing this.

They did not check the last ecm to be bad or good, just installed a new one.

wimpykid said:
They did call last Thursday. Talked to a tech and he walked me through what he thought could be the issue.

When running fitech with a CDI box, keep fitech wires separate from CDI wires. I did not have my fitech wires crossing over the cdi coil wires, but did have ignition wires and tach signal wires run together. These wires connect to same place, respectively, so that shouldn't matter.

Update from last bashing of fitech: Would not fire wednesday. Cut two zip ties which had tach signal wires loops together and engine fires Thursday, after speaking with FiTech and confirming nothing touching cdi coil wires. Beat on it pretty good Saturday with no issues, so fitech is calling it good and will not give a refund.

The unit does really good When it is running and they still claim this is very rare, as in only case they have seen like this.

If I have this issue again, I'm going to wrap the wires in shielding tape to try and mitigate any electrical noise/interference they say is causing this.

They did not check the last ecm to be bad or good, just installed a new one.

So, when you cleaned up your wiring everything worked fine? So there was nothing wrong this whole time, you were just bitching wanting a full refund and a free unit?

Some times with something new, there is a learning curve both for the company and the consumer...

muddinmetal said:
So, when you cleaned up your wiring everything worked fine? So there was nothing wrong this whole time, you were just bitching wanting a full refund and a free unit?

Some times with something new, there is a learning curve both for the company and the consumer..

All I did was clip two zip ties, June 8th. I wish I had hit the starter before I clipped them but I didn't. It worked all day Saturday, June 3rd, with no problems, backed out of my garage on Wednesday, June 7th, with no problems. When I tried to start it back up to pull it back in my garage on Wednesday, June 7th, it wouldn't fire and I had not touched any of the wiring.

If the dates are too confusing, let me know and I'll try be a bit more clear.

And for the record, I don't want a ****ing thing I don't work and pay for, but I do want what I pay for to ****ing work when I buy it.

You are right about one thing, there is a learning curve. And if fitech would have answer phone calls or returned phone calls, I wouldn't have been near as pissed as I was.

Latest posts