• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

FiTech Fuel injection

Yea what he said lol give us an update was thinking about purchasing a Fitech unit myself.........

Klutch said:
Yea what he said lol give us an update was thinking about purchasing a Fitech unit myself.........

FiTech is doing good. Like I said earlier, I need to get it tuned, but since I have put the long tubes on and mufflers it has helped the O2 sensor adjust the A/F ratio.

Engine now has much more torque than I expected with the long tubes (I have always ran shorties) and it runs a lot cooler than before.

Just installed the 400hp version on a 39 Chevy with a 350. Install was a breeze and the thing runs great. The owner is very pleased with the increase in power and throttle response over his old carb. This is the second one I have installed and like them more each time.
448303ceb3b5a17a3ce9b6bdcba91dbd.jpg
50b962c02b58902c95c16229e56fcb47.jpg
daaa1dd3be52e9172ec62ef65a740da7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

wimpykid said:
FiTech is doing good. Like I said earlier, I need to get it tuned, but since I have put the long tubes on and mufflers it has helped the O2 sensor adjust the A/F ratio.

Engine now has much more torque than I expected with the long tubes (I have always ran shorties) and it runs a lot cooler than before.

I'd like to hear it now with the long tubes and mufflers.

pushrod-racing said:
I'd like to hear it now with the long tubes and mufflers.

Small clip.
https://youtu.be/sql3U4p-hDA

Is the new powerplant doing well at the track?

May have, been a lot of 'em thrown at over the last year. Just to convert over to auto trans.

Putting them fancy knuckles on and making some storage room, then I'll be ready to "trail" ride.

Re:

tonybolton said:
Damn....thought I saw a 100 spit outa there!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Buggy is sounding good. I'm finally making headway on my car. It's went 6.38 @108 3340lb with me in it. For an all motor 8.2" 347ci I'm very happy with it.

Re:

pushrod-racing said:
Buggy is sounding good. I'm finally making headway on my car. It's went 6.38 @108 3340lb with me in it. For an all motor 8.2" 347ci I'm very happy with it.

****, that Godzilla Ricer Honda you passed on would have smoked that. Just needed some stage 3 NOS Turbos laughing1 laughing1

Re:

TBItoy said:
****, that Godzilla Ricer Honda you passed on would have smoked that. Just needed some stage 3 NOS Turbos laughing1 laughing1

I can honestly say I screwed up not buying that ricer. I later found out that was a pretty freaking rare car

Update on how the fitech is doing? Thinking of getting one of these for a caddy 500 motor.

Do you have the 4 injector 600hp unit, or 8 injector 1200 hp unit?

Don't want to mess up this thread, so if I need to start my own, I can.
Thinking about going with a Fitech 600 Power Adder, but I am concerned with the mounting of the O2 sensor. My headers are not long enough to get the 18-20inches of exhaust pipe after the installation location of the 02 sensor, so my choice is to run it before the collector in just a single exhaust pipe - does anyone have any experience with this and how have you dealt with it? has it really messed up your o2 readings or ?

I would recommend temporarily adding a 18-24" extension to the collector and then installing the sensor in that. It really depends on your exact application whether reading one primary tube is going to even give you a close reading. You could use the temporary pipe to get it tuned then once youre happy with the tune lock it in open loop and remove the pipe and sensor. I'm guessing since youre running open headers this isnt a street car where you need the precise control of AFR's that closed loop gives you anyway.

Or go with one of these.
51b999e27499df9218e3681791fb35ac.jpg

purely off offroad. I do like the idea of installing a temporary pipe and locking it in open loop - assuming fitech can do that?
Funny how the Holley and Fitech folks say the O2 sensor needs to be 18inches from the end of the tail pipe, but the Fast photo shows it clearly less than 18inches from the end of the tail pipe on the temporary piece they sell??? Wonder if the Fast system does not have the same requirement?

Attachments

• Header Pipe.jpg
    Header Pipe.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 80
My buggy runs awesome with no 02s. It was tuned with one stand alone just to monitor the mixture but my actual software has never seen one. Those things are just something else to give the pcm a headache.

The camshaft you run has alot to do with what will work and what will not work. Looking at your pic I'd say you could install the O2 in the collecter and be just fine, you just have to realize that the O2 reading will be inaccurate at idle and low rpm. If you have a decent sized cam its not going to be able to self learn at idle and low rpm anyway though. I have not directly dealt with FI tech but you should Have the option to disable closed loop below a certain RPM.

Latest posts