• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

#30 4 seat Fj40

Re: Re: #30 4 seat Fj40

Molly Hatchet said:
Ha Ha, I also have to make sure she doesn't go around every obstacle when following you!

And you want to give me a hard time about money. :flipoff1: damn good looking rig.

slravenel said:
man that thing is slick!

Looks real badass - I love how tightly packed in there it all is thumb.gif

Thanks to Jim! Got a feeling Chris at Mars Fab is gonna do some sick work on that dash and console.
Good lord look at what came in the mail the other day. Man I sure do thank that is purdy...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    459.7 KB · Views: 141
Well since Jim has been working on the chassis. I have been working on the engine
for this.

Got a 6.0 from Pholmann. Knew it had a bent rod. Started the tare down. Noticed the crank had excessive end play. Over .125 of and inch.
Found that the crank was no good.

This is the good side of the thrust bearing on the crank.

This is the side where the problem is.

So. A rod replacement turned into a complete rebuild with a few more
cubic inches. Once you start you can't turn back. So out the window the budget went !!

bjeep said:
Well since Jim has been working on the chassis. I have been working on the engine
for this.

Got a 6.0 from Pholmann. Knew it had a bent rod. Started the tare down. Noticed the crank had excessive end play. Over .125 of and inch.
Found that the crank was no good.

This is the good side of the thrust bearing on the crank.

This is the side where the problem is.

So. A rod replacement turned into a complete rebuild with a few more
cubic inches. Once you start you can't turn back. So out the window the budget went !!

He 's got plenty of money!

Jep72m said:
He 's got plenty of money!

Hell. You have a four seater with them fancy ORI'S and 43's.
So you must have it as well !!
Can't hide the money there Mike.....

I work hard for what I have and take risk a lot of people wont take. I get excited when I see everyone else's bad ass ****. This rig is for my wife and girls so we can all spend time together and have fun in the woods (we ain't just fishin). I can't wait to get Emily and Rylee on a trail. My girls have never been, just Jamie and I since my p.o.s now is a 2 seater. I got a feeling the girls will quickly want in that driver seat.

Molly Hatchet said:
I work hard for what I have and take risk a lot of people wont take. I get excited when I see everyone else's bad ass ****. This rig is for my wife and girls so we can all spend time together and have fun in the woods (we ain't just fishin). I can't wait to get Emily and Rylee on a trail. My girls have never been, just Jamie and I since my p.o.s now is a 2 seater. I got a feeling the girls will quickly want in that driver seat.
Better secure all of those badass rigs in the shop :****:

Saw this thing last weekend at Chris's, it looks awesome in person. Cant wait to see it all finished up thumb.gif