• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Plowboy Extreme Off-Road Park?

whiskeymakin said:
So it wasn't approved before they started? Or thay means they need more work to open to the public?

The way I read it ( and I could be off base here ) They started developing the land, and it was zoned for residential, and they were trying to get the zoning changed to commercial so they could operate the business.. the local zoning board voted unanimously not to. And all of the locals (on the road) sounded like they were against it too.

I didn't realize it was only going to be 17 acres

You know I like to rip plowboy, cause he maybe a worse driver than me. Ha.

He was trying to do something good for the sport and for the local economy. Maybe they can all get on board and let him continue with the park. Local government and councils can ruin stuff in a second. Good Luck Plowboy.

I cannt blame the neighbors, no one wants a off road park near them that doesn't ride/know anything about the sport. I hope they push it thru...can it be any worse than farm equipment and farm noises ? Couldn't you plant some buffer trees and move some dirt to shield the noise? I bet their tune would change if some $ came their way..

Re: Re: Plowboy Extreme Off-Road Park?

bbone said:
I cannt blame the neighbors, no one wants a off road park near them that doesn't ride/know anything about the sport. I hope they push it thru...can it be any worse than farm equipment and farm noises ? Couldn't you plant some buffer trees and move some dirt to shield the noise? I bet their tune would change if some $ came their way..
:****: if the benefit from it financially they will be sitting out there with a big foam finger watching

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Re:

They have a road named after the family.....I am betting it would take more money to grease their palms than it'd be worth, or that money doesn't influence them. Family land for well over a hundred years had imennant domain used because a cousin didn't want to sell land to the city for an industrial park. It now butts up to his front door. Just opposite his case, but he was offered a substantial amount of money, before it was taken and he couldn't be swayed.

It doesn't look good, and it will take a lot of education that can't forcibly be fed to an unwilling audience. I think getting a council member or two to be favorable is the only way to get any chance of it.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Columbia is a $$$ area. They don't need it and could care less. It's not going to happen if the home and land owners nearby don't want it.

Who knows....it messed up a lot of big money opportunities when they tree huggers shut down the plans for a dam and big ol lake there. I guess epa and local zoning is different tho...

pholmann said:
Columbia is a $$$ area. They don't need it and could care less. It's not going to happen if the home and land owners nearby don't want it.

Winner winner they got the old school money and a fawking tons of it :tc

Re:

Place has a good size buffer zone around it, he'll there is an old rock query across the street. Big rucksack run up and down the road. I went for the demo, seems to me they were using the noise as an excuse. The truck made 110db at the track, nearest house looks to be more than a 1/4 mile away with a lot of trees in between hell it might even be closer to 1/2 mile. I'll see if I can scale it on a map one day

Sent from my S50c using Tapatalk

This reminds me of the assholes that tried to get Huntsville Dragway shut down. The Dragway had been there for years before all the assholes moved in close to it but still kinda the same thing.

MoparMan said:
This reminds me of the assholes that tried to get Huntsville Dragway shut down. The Dragway had been there for years before all the assholes moved in close to it but still kinda the same thing.

All over the country. The only local drag strip in Kansas City Missouri got shut down a few years back because a new neighborhood moved in and didn't like the noise. The drag strip had been there many years before I even knew about it. It has since changed many peoples hobbies to say the least.

Is anyone excited about a 16 acre offroad park? The promos made it sound like it would be much more than that with trail riding etc. That article makes it sound like a small venue for mud drags. I think I would have been in front of the zoning commission before I posted any of this to the web or moved the first piece of dirt.