• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Church on The Rocks Devotionals

Here is a thought. A boot jack is the greatest thing ever when you need to take off a boot; sliced bread is the greatest thing ever when you need to make a sandwich; and indoor plumbing in the greatest thing ever when you have to poop on a cold winter night. Notice how each one of these "greatest things ever" are based on circumstances. No matter your circumstances or the circumstances around you, God is the greatest thing ever. Believe that!

Thats from my Facebook in 2013. Pretty sure I just put the word poop in a devotional :rolf:
All joking aside, this has been a message that has been burned into my mind. God doesn't change because what we have experienced, what we are experiencing, or what we are going to experience. Our experiences only change the way we view God. If God changed with the times, He would not be worth following and there would be a Bible volume 2. God is the same today that He was before the earth was created. In Malachi 3:6 God says "I do not change" and multiple other places in scripture donwe see the eternal characteristics of who God is and his never changing love and faithfulness. Don't let your current or past circumstances fool you into believing that God is different today or any other day. Call to Him and let Him show you who He is and don't let the world tell you who we should think He is.

Obstacles

You ever have an obstacle or hill that no matter how much you try, something always happens and denies you? It may be an obstacle you see for the first time and watch friends crawl up it while you you spin and spin and spin and go nowhere, or an obstacle that has been a thorn in your side for years, and no matter what it just has your number. When this happens, what do we do? We identify the weak spots in our rig and make it stronger. We look to see what hindered our progress and avoid that part, but we continue to push forward until we have the right combination of equipment, skill, and line and conquer that obstacle. What about our relationship with God? Are there obstacles to us growing closer to God and maturing spiritually? Absolutely. Every day we are faced with obstacles that hinder us from growing spiritually. Whether it is contentment, fear, pride, distraction or selfishness, we all face obstacles that hinder our growth. Some of those obstacles we overcome with ease as those around us struggle. As we see the obstacles that we struggle to overcome, we have to identify those weak spots in our life and ask God to strengthen them as we pursue Him. As we grow, our obstacles will change. As a more mature believer I no longer fear spiritual growth (I actually fear not growing) but I struggle daily with distraction and selfishness. I get so caught up in the day to day business I put my relationship with God on the back burner, then when I get some free time I selfishly do something that has no impact on my spiritual growth. God commands us in Philippians, through the apostle Paul, about spiritual growth and why it is important: "..continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose." The reason we should long to be growing spiritually and overcoming those obstacles to growth is because as we grow, God works out His plan for our life. What is your obstacle? Talk to God about it, humble yourself and ask Him to help you through it and if you will put in the time with Him, He will do exceedingly abundantly more things than you can even imagine. If you quit off roading when you hit your first obstacle, you would never experience some of the amazing stories and memories you have. If you quit seeking God now or let your obstacles stop you, you will miss out on all that God will do in your life. Hebrews 10:26 says "You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." God promises us abundant life, hope, a future, blessings, peace and joy; don't let an obstacle keep you from those promises.

I generally close each devotional I write with a prayer, most are a generic prayer meant to lead folks to pray. Some I have prayed and some I write to encourage you to pray but this one today is one that is MY prayer to God that I have been praying lately: God, let me devote as much time and effort into deepening my relationship with you as I devote to worthless things. When I abide in you I am a better father, husband, leader, and employee. Forgive me where I have put my agenda before yours. Renew my spirit to walk with you daily and use me to lead my family, grow my ministry and win souls for your Glory. Help me overcome my obstacles and continue on the path you have set me on.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your path straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

ADMINISTRATOR

They must not slander and must avoid quarreling. Instead they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone. Titus3:2

Very good we ALL need to follow...

Molly Hatchet said:
They must not slander and must avoid quarreling. Instead they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone. Titus3:2

Very good we ALL need to follow...

I was saying "come on" like Amen, keep preaching......I hope it didn't come off as quarreling :rolf:

I love this verse by the way!!

Some words to start your day off with. thumb.gif

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

ADMINISTRATOR

Yes I know where your coming from. I say the same in that context all the time in fellowship. Titus 3:2 showed up on my daily read and HL was the first thing I thought of with all the drama as of late then your thread came up. Maybe he was speaking to some so I shared. He's always speaking but are we listening? :)

Today's is: Don't look out only for your own interests, but take an interests in others too. Philippians 2:4

money_pit_yj said:
I was saying "come on" like Amen, keep preaching......I hope it didn't come off as quarreling :rolf:

I love this verse by the way!!

"But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one."
??2 Thessalonians? ?3:3? ?

That means if He tells you to go do something He is going see you though the battle. What is He calling you to do today?

This is what it's all about......the simple truth of the Gospel.

"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved."
Romans 10:9-10

Some words for the day.

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32

ADMINISTRATOR

Psalm 139:13-14
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

God knew you before He created you. He has a plan for your life. You were created in His own image and your life means so much to Him, He sent His son to die on the cross to pay your penalty. God already knows you, do you know Him? :dunno:

4d96f40d0e7bebbf2420bb0627be4509.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk