• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Church on The Rocks Devotionals

No matter what religion you are or what you believe it is a documented historical fact that Jesus was beaten, crucified and entombed. Even the fact that the tomb was empty is corroborated both in Christian and secular history, so there is not much to argue. Why the tomb was empty is a point of contention. Obviously throughout history there have been theories that have been brought up as a rebuttal to the resurrection, but none have been able to hold water. All that being said I love this time of year. The scriptures telling the story of Jesus' final days before, during and after the resurrection are som of the most powerful verses in the Bible. Here are some things that stick out to me, feel free to share your own:

In the garden leading up to his arrest he was sweating blood, a condition caused by extreme stress. He knew what was coming and the pain he was about to endure.

He stood silent through his whole trial. The man who spoke life into existebce stood silent as he was falsely accused and betrayed by his accuser. He built no case.

The veil in the temple separating the holiest of holy rooms was torn from top to bottom.

Even as he was hanging on the cross he was faithful to save accepting one of the thieves and a centurion into heaven as he died.

God was in the presence of these people and they denied him continually. Not only denied him but mocked beat and murdered him.

While we could face the physical pain, Jesus faced far greater pain than the physical part. For the first time in eternity, He was separated from the God the father when he bore the weight of the worlds sin. He was calling out to God and he had turned from His son. Jesus allowed this to happen so it never happened to me and you.

Don't let another day go bye and not get right with God. If you're not sure how or you have problems pm me let's talk. Have a wonderful evening and celebrate daily the risen Savior! Happy Easter

One of my favorite pastor stories is about the farm community that prayed for rain. As farmer after farmer came up and begged God for rain, there was an old pastor sitting quietly in the corner. After everyone came up and sat down, he wandered up to the front of the church and said "I have heard men up here pleading God for rain, but I do not see anyone in here with an umbrella". This hit me hard this week. My wife and I are in the process for selling our house. It has been on the market for a few weeks and we have had very little traffic. We have spent the last few months praying if this is what God would have us do, and we are at peace that our house is going to sell........yet I have not packed one box. How often are we guilty of asking God to do something, yet not preparing our self for Him to do it? Our house is just one instance where I am guilty of that. This is not a name it and claim it, this is talking with God and knowing that what you're asking of Him will honor and glorify Him and you are preparing to be ready when He moves. We have to pray and know that we are praying to the God of heaven and earth, and as we Abide in Him our heart draws nearer to His and our will begins to align with His will. Once our will aligns with His, our prayers will begin to change as well. Once our hearts and prayers align with His, we can be ready for things to start happening, then we just have to be obedient to prepare ourselves for the work He is doing. Whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him. 1 John 3:22. If you are praying for rain, live by Faith and get your umbrella ready!!