• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 34' Kaufman bumper pull Sold

TBItoy

Good pulling trailer

Has title!

Tows easy with 2 rigs on it

Ez lube + brakes on both axles

New tires on front axle, good tires on back axle (bought as pairs, 2 years apart)

New tire on spare

$4000 firm on price
Cookeville TN
Text preferred as I don't have good cell service at home.

23de073a622c757533b9db7fbc84d8fd.jpg

9f1cd82a01e11999fc87bba197535b09.jpg

5d4067ef240a111abe8e85407dab81be.jpg

3ffcd46934e2fc85fcdb9235d99bfc13.jpg

Re: 34' Kaufman bumper pull

I've been looking into buying a 30' footer. How it pulls has been my only concern? Everybody I talk to swears I need to run a goose neck going that big. How heavy were the rigs you pulled? When I had two rigs on it they'd be about 4500lbs a piece. How much of a pain in the ass is it to maneuver in and out of places being a bumper pull instead of a gooseneck. Do you know what it weighs as it sits?

I once had a 7000 lb 24 + 6' bumper pull backhoe trailer 38' including tongue ...

I pulled it with my dually and it pulled fine with two rigs on .... My 30 gooseneck also 38' doesn't maneuver any easier except for being able to jackknife tighter than 90* which I almost never do...

His trailer, while longer should be much lighter than mine was.

Re:

It pulls great. Everyone else that has pulled it thought the same.

I usually hauled 2 tubed out Toyotas, about 4000 lb each, dozens if not hundreds of trips.

but I have hauled full body one ton rigs on it, plus tractors/implements/skid steers,

There is enough deck fore and aft the axles to be able to distribute the load, and enough forward/tongue length that it pulls fine unloaded too.

You can't do the full jackknife like a goose, but almost. I've taken it through many McDonald's drive throughs and normal non-truck stop gas stations no problem.

I can look at the mfg build sheet (I have the paper work on the trailer) but iirc it's about 3600-4000lbs, I think it said it's rated to haul 10k+ a little. I haven't looked at it in years.

Make a 100% deposit and you can borrow it for a weekend!

I'll "buy it back" if you return it in the same condition it left if you don't like it.

I had only pulled short trailers when i towed this the first time. Towed just like my 16' down the road and being inexperienced with large trailers i got this thing in and out of everywhere we went without issue.

A long bumper pull trailer is actually easier to back into and pull through tight places than a goose...

It reacts quicker backing up and follows a wider arc going forward so you don't have to turn as wide with the truck.

Re: Re: 34' Kaufman bumper pull

gottagofast said:
A long bumper pull trailer is actually easier to back into and pull through tight places than a goose...

It reacts quicker backing up and follows a wider going forward so you don't have to turn as wide with the truck.
Hell I never really thought about that, but it does back much easier than dad's 20t dual tandem goose

You think its 3600-4000lbs unloaded? I was thinking with the open floor it would be more 2500-3000..?? Maybe I`m just wishful thinking though.

truckbroke said:
You think its 3600-4000lbs unloaded? I was thinking with the open floor it would be more 2500-3000..?? Maybe I`m just wishful thinking though.
I think so.

A regular 20' 3500lb dual axle car hauler is ~2000lb. (According to PJ trailers).

Well that maybe about right. I`ve currently got a Big Tex 18' deck over. I weighed it the other day and its 3400lbs empty. I`m wanting to sell it and buy a double hauler. Only thing that sucks is when I`m just hauling my rig I hate to have a big ass trailer behind me. Guess I could pick up a cheap open floor 18 footer down the road though. You don`t want a Big Tex 100A do ya? Brand spanking new radial tires just put on it.

Re:

It's the only car trailer I've had for several years. I don't really mind pulling it with one rig.

My dad has been talking about buying a deck over bumper pull just like that for a while...

I've got a title for it. Think it's a 13 model. Guy I got it from hardly ever used it. What year model is yours. Got it with my rig last September. The brakes had never been used till I hooked to it.

Re:

I'll have to look when I get home. I think it's an 05 ish?

I'm not really much interested in trading for myself, but I'll ask dad if he'd be interested in buying your trailer from me.

Your trailer is probably nicer than mine.

Hell it's newer than I remembered. I think I bought it in 2011. The guy had only pulled it a few times, then upgraded to one of those 3-4 car wedge trailers

4100 shipping weight, 14k GVWR

34939e9bbdd385f1bad313461ae415a4.jpg

truckbroke said:
Hard to tell in the picture but, are the fenders removeable on that thing?
Nope, but they are heavy diamond tread with a brace welded under it.

I've drove a big ass Rockwell truck over them a bunch.

Looks like a certificate of origin... You have a title too?

gottagofast said:
Looks like a certificate of origin... You have a title too?
Nope, no title. The guy that originally bought it was in TN, as am I, so it's never been titled.

Would it be easier to sell with a title?

TBItoy said:
Nope, no title. The guy that originally bought it was in TN, as am I, so it's never been titled.

Would it be easier to sell with a title?

YES!!! 9 times out of 10 buying a used trailer with only certificate, if you go to tag it you will have to pay sales taxes on the ORIGINAL MSRP price. So if new this was a 8000.00 trailer in order to register and tag it the new owner will have to pay sales tax on 8k or whatever the original cost was. Some small town courthouses can get around this Putnam county can not, and will not even try to work with you on it. Being out of state is going to make it even more fun.