• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 34' Kaufman bumper pull Sold

Re: 34' Kaufman bumper pull

I'm in Jackson County, so far everything has been easy with them.

I'll take the COO with me and try to get a title when I go register my "new to me" 4runner.

It will probably go through in Jackson county. After my fiasco with my open trailer I decided id never buy anything with coo again.

I have always tagged my trailers as a home-made trailer. They ain`t but 20 bucks. Hell my big tex has a homemade trailer tag on it right now. If you give them a title they just charge you more for the tag.

Re: Re: 34' Kaufman bumper pull

truckbroke said:
I have always tagged my trailers as a home-made trailer. They ain`t but 20 bucks. Hell my big tex has a homemade trailer tag on it right now. If you give them a title they just charge you more for the tag.
I read about that too. I may go that route if they want money.

A $4000 factory build trailer becomes a $3000 trailer with a home built title

gottagofast said:
A $4000 factory build trailer becomes a $3000 trailer with a home built title
Are you making an offer?
Lol

I've never owned, bought, or sold a trailer with a title. Hell this is the first one I've bought used that I've even got a COO with.

Just lettin ya know before you do any title work.... Hate to see ya get burned

Offer... Sure... I'll trade ya my 30' gooseneck for it lol

gottagofast said:
Just lettin ya know before you do any title work.... Hate to see ya get burned

Offer... Sure... I'll trade ya my 30' gooseneck for it lol
Nah if they want a bunch of tax money to get a title, it'll just not get titled.

I like this trailer enough that if it don't sell I won't get my feelings hurt, and I ain't giving it away.

That was going to be my question does it hurt values doing it as a homemade trailer. Only reason I have to register/title mine is my insurance policy. In order to insure it, it must be in my name and have a vin/serial number. Its worth the 17.00 a year I think it is on each trailer I pay for theft, accident/insurance.

When I buy a trailer I don't title it. I just tellem I got a homemade trailer and they say OK, hand me a tag and a little serial number tag to put on the trailer. I throw the serial number tag in trash on my way out the court house bolt my tag on my trailer and live happily ever after. Nothing I did affected my actual trailer title. I just dodged there mark up for the tag. That being said I never title a trailer in my name. I keep it for the next guy if he wants it.

Trailers are sold at perceived value anyway. That is part of why there are huge dependencies between trailer prices, even brand new. There are people around here selling the same trailer, and one place will ask $2400, and the other place will ask $3800.

My point is that with how up/down/all-around trailer prices are, whether it has a "home built" title seems almost irrelevant when you have the certificate of origin.

Re:

Has not sold. A deputy is coming this week to do a Vin check on it, then I'll be able to get a title. If you aren't worried about a title, I'll sell it!

American said:
There are people around here selling the same trailer, and one place will ask $2400, and the other place will ask $3800.

My point is that with how up/down/all-around trailer prices are, whether it has a "home built" title seems almost irrelevant when you have the certificate of origin.

I know you aren't referring to this exact trailer (it's ~$6k new), but yeah I agree. Any title should allow it to be registered/plated.

Eh... Sorta

On the many no name trailers built by small unknown companies it doesn't make as much difference.

I have just such a trailer and it is titled as a home built.

Now the well known names are different...Corn pro, Kaufman, Gatermade, etc... A big name will potentially lose more value when it becomes a no name.