• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

14 bolt front build thread and tech help

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Gonna take it easy the first time out? You sure got a good bit of money in time in it. Lol

He hates to party. I feel sorry for this new front axle. It's gonna take a beating. He's got months of rust to knock off to get back to his drive by braille style. Damn lake life will do that to ya.

sorry if it was already posted but what are you doing for the third pinion bearing?

Alot of guys are suggesting to run a bronze bushing in there but no one has come up with a source yet just say that it's what the tractor pull guys are doing????

rockwild said:
sorry if it was already posted but what are you doing for the third pinion bearing?

Alot of guys are suggesting to run a bronze bushing in there but no one has come up with a source yet just say that it's what the tractor pull guys are doing????

Not messing with it unless it fails. Never had an issue with the factory bearing. I am running a solid pinion spacer though.

Goodbye old friend. New owner is on the way to pick up today. This axle has been a part of my 4x4 life since I was just getting into the sport about 17 years ago. It has been rebuilt, massaged, and rebuilt again. Almost a little sad to see her go.

520lbs as pictured which is complete minus steering ram and arms. Wanna take bets on what the 14 will weigh? 650?

Attachments

• 20161107_113916.jpg
    20161107_113916.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 151
I finished mine up a couple weeks ago and got to wheel it. I'm sure yours will be a lot heavier.

664A4818-D266-49A0-BCB7-D871DB49E56A_zpshkvhcqgh.jpg

tallnate said:
What's the word on progress Redneck? Rage testing is scheduled to start in 7 days..

Sorry on the lack of updates. November is crazy for me work wise. Traveling practically every week of the month but I just got back from my last trip for awhile. Due to the lack of time and the fact that our biggest ride of the year is this coming weekend, I dropped everything off with Nick Sosebee at Sosebee Offroad before I took off on my work trips a few weeks ago. He likes keeping me in suspense so I've seen about as much as you guys have. I was just talking with him tonight and it'll all be ready to go this week so I'll be sure and post a full report on it all. He's building the truss out of all 1/4" with 3/8" brackets. Going to be a heavy bitch but I just like to do hoodrat **** with my friends and not break so who cares. Can't wait to thrash on this bitch.

In the meantime he's a picture of Jessica prepping her buggy last night.

Attachments

• 20161119_170919.jpg
    20161119_170919.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 151