• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

14 bolt front build thread and tech help

jccarter1 said:
I will say this Ryan is pretty sharp on these axles and one of the most experienced machinist I have seen he made me a custom shaft for a transfer case on a peice of industrial equipment. I tried 5-6 large machine shops all were scared to death of the part, Ryan did it quick and cheap I would happily send him anything he knows what he is talking about and doesn't bullshit people
thanks man but I'm done with this witch hunt out of here

Re:

I know we all think that rock crawling is the only type of riding out there....but I imagine there are some mega truck folks, mud dragsters, etc that might be in need of some retubed axles. Why question the man? Why the need to understand? The man obviously knows his stuff and does great work. I've never met, nor talked with him, but his work speaks for itself. I have an axle (HP 60 to passenger drop) that sits in my garage that I stare at for long periods of time about once a week.

Guy doesn't want to give away his trade secrets? Good. I don't see RCV posting up their heat treating secrets or the fricking KFC spice recipe posted up from their corporate folks either. There are a few vendors that are hard to get and some are hard to work with. Not saying he is either, but I see the work all the time from vendors that people bitch about and it is top notch work. Big boy pants on, take a man for his word and go on your way. If he is doing 1 a week, that would mean it is a staple in his financials and it pays the freaking rent. He has said way more than I ever would, just for self preservation. In my book, he is definitely a better man than I am and obviously more willing to toss a bone, no matter how small, to the off road community. I'd be steaming if I just let info go that would take money out of my pocket on a continous basis.

Well said Kel. I got no dog in this fight.
The little research I did on 14 bolts before choosing rockwells, Ryan's name came up more than once. It's hard to get that kind of a reputation unless you know your stuff.

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
I know we all think that rock crawling is the only type of riding out there....but I imagine there are some mega truck folks, mud dragsters, etc that might be in need of some retubed axles. Why question the man? Why the need to understand? The man obviously knows his stuff and does great work. I've never met, nor talked with him, but his work speaks for itself. I have an axle (HP 60 to passenger drop) that sits in my garage that I stare at for long periods of time about once a week.

Guy doesn't want to give away his trade secrets? Good. I don't see RCV posting up their heat treating secrets or the fricking KFC spice recipe posted up from their corporate folks either. There are a few vendors that are hard to get and some are hard to work with. Not saying he is either, but I see the work all the time from vendors that people bitch about and it is top notch work. Big boy pants on, take a man for his word and go on your way. If he is doing 1 a week, that would mean it is a staple in his financials and it pays the freaking rent. He has said way more than I ever would, just for self preservation. In my book, he is definitely a better man than I am and obviously more willing to toss a bone, no matter how small, to the off road community. I'd be steaming if I just let info go that would take money out of my pocket on a continous basis.

The difference is RCV doesn't pop into every thread about axles and call someone stupid or make smart ass sideways comments, when everyone knows they could contribute to the conversation.

Re: Re:

TBItoy said:
The difference is RCV doesn't pop into every thread about axles and call someone stupid or make smart ass sideways comments, when everyone knows they could contribute to the conversation.
Agreed.....got you a thread to read :)

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=52831.0

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:

I was just curios who was needing all the tubes. If you told me that 800 people showed up at your work I would ask you who they were as well. If I walked up to you and said, "Hey man, 800 people showed up at my office today," you're saying your genuine response would be to respect my privacy and say nothing? That's BS and you know it. The statement begs the question.

Re:

I was joking with him, obviously you missed that.

And no, I wouldn't tell you, especially with the nature of my business. And I generally could care less who shows up anywhere and for what reason. I may seem simple and easy to read, but I assure you I am not.

Back to the thread, because I have always wanted to have a front and rear steering 14 bolt and refuse to search :p

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
I was joking with him, obviously you missed that.

And no, I wouldn't tell you, especially with the nature of my business. And I generally could care less who shows up anywhere and for what reason. I may seem simple and easy to read, but I assure you I am not.

Back to the thread, because I have always wanted to have a front and rear steering 14 bolt and refuse to search :p

I didn't say that you were simple or easy to read now, did I? You are spinning to prove some sort of point though. If a man states he's done 800 of anything it is meant to start a conversation.

I did 800 shots.
Of what?

I caught 800 fish.
What kind?

I saw 800 people.
Who?

It's not just I retubed 800 axles.
cricket, cricket, cricket.
No one does that!

I'm not going to sit here and let you impugn me, or whatever it is that you're too afraid to do directly, for being a polite, conversational human being.

Re:

So I have another hypothetical.

Say you were wanting to build the "lightest" 14 bolts, to run in a lightweight low power Toyota (or the like) and not have to worry about ring gears or shafts ever, but housing strength wouldn't be as much of issue.

Would you use old 70s era 3/4t 14 bolts with thin castings, thin tubes, etc... ?

Or would that be pissing in the wind? Probably not a very significant weight difference... Dunno.

Re:

I think you answered your own question at that point. Breaking decent built 60's with Toyota power can and does happen. 14 bolts would take extra care, but how much could you save total from a 60 to a 14 bolt and from a heavy 14 bolt to a light one? For a light single seater, I could see it making a slight difference, but at what cost? Possibly more than you'd be wanting to spend....hypothetically speaking of course.

Re:

Hearing about guys breaking 60s with Toyota power makes me feel like the biggest ***** driver ever.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

With that minuscule of a weight difference I'd think a proper diet and going commando would net the same results...

Re:

What a ****! I mean most people here is his potential clientele. But hey, whatever

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Re:

Just call him. He's still in business, and he never used this forum as a means to promote his business in a positive manner anyway.

Re:

Hearing about guys breaking 60s with Toyota power makes me feel like the biggest ***** driver ever.

Lmao. I thought breaking one with a stock tbi 350 was bad

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts