• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

14 bolt front build thread and tech help

I wonder if they make a SRW version of this axle? How do the spindles compare to that of a regular 14B? Same? Bigger? I know you cut them off and probably trashed them. Just wondering as i recently bent one on G30 van axle and would upgrade to one of these if the spindles are better. Otherwise ill try to find another mid-90s van axle.

the_white_shadow said:
I wonder if they make a SRW version of this axle? How do the spindles compare to that of a regular 14B? Same? Bigger? I know you cut them off and probably trashed them. Just wondering as i recently bent one on G30 van axle and would upgrade to one of these if the spindles are better. Otherwise ill try to find another mid-90s van axle.

I never looked at the spindles, but I don't think there is anything to gain with them. The hubs seem to be a completely different design too.

Redneck mentioned using 05+ knuckles on a 14. I think that's what I'm going to try if I ever start having problems. I have a spare 14 already and I have the 60 going in the new buggy. So wouldn't be out a ton of money. Hopefully it doesn't come to that tho

The 9/16 wheel studs I used is dorman 610-439, they are a 10 pack, so I order 20 total off of rock auto. It takes a 41/64 drill bit, ordered it off of Amazon.

Anyone ever come up with a smaller brake setup? I know branik has a nice setup, but I like the idea of hitting the local parts store for off the shelf cheaper parts. Lugnut4x4 had a slightly smaller setup in testing. I'm buying all new everything just trying to weigh my options. I'm running manual mc's and it's a little tight for the hydro boost setups.

tmcclellon said:
Anyone ever come up with a smaller brake setup? I know branik has a nice setup, but I like the idea of hitting the local parts store for off the shelf cheaper parts. Lugnut4x4 had a slightly smaller setup in testing. I'm buying all new everything just trying to weigh my options. I'm running manual mc's and it's a little tight for the hydro boost setups.

Other than the Lugnut4x4 in testing nothing yet.

don't re drill them if building fresh build it narrower and use wheel spacers just got my front end done a couple months ago I bout the unit bearing with a 2 year warranty and used wheel spacers so I can replace them every year for free if you drill them warranty doesn't cover it