• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

14 bolt front build thread and tech help

Wizzo on the board has been working on these brakes in conjunction with Mark Williams for months and they are a game changer. 40lb savings per side. Complete kit down to the brackets, washers, bolts, etc, all made in the USA by Mark Williams. No more piecing together kits from multiple manufacturers. Hit up Wizzo on the board for more details/pricing or email ([email protected]). And if you do Facespace or Instabook give Diddy's Big Block Race Shop a follow.

Kit pictured will fit the Reid Super Kingpin knuckles and Ford 05+ 250/350 factory knuckles. More applications in the pipeline!

Attachments

• signal-attachment-2019-09-18-132541.jpeg
    signal-attachment-2019-09-18-132541.jpeg
    973.5 KB · Views: 217
  • signal-attachment-2019-09-18-132548.jpeg
    signal-attachment-2019-09-18-132548.jpeg
    991.5 KB · Views: 225
  • signal-attachment-2019-09-18-161442.jpeg
    signal-attachment-2019-09-18-161442.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 193
  • signal-attachment-2019-09-18-145853.jpeg
    signal-attachment-2019-09-18-145853.jpeg
    690.7 KB · Views: 204
  • signal-attachment-2019-09-18-145901.jpeg
    signal-attachment-2019-09-18-145901.jpeg
    772 KB · Views: 194
  • signal-attachment-2019-09-18-145934.jpeg
    signal-attachment-2019-09-18-145934.jpeg
    490.1 KB · Views: 203
those brake setups are the tits, guys! super quality stuff that was well thought out and corrects all of the little issues with the wilwood calipers

Wizzo on the board has been working on these brakes in conjunction with Mark Williams for months and they are a game changer. 40lb savings per side. Complete kit down to the brackets, washers, bolts, etc, all made in the USA by Mark Williams. No more piecing together kits from multiple manufacturers. Hit up Wizzo on the board for more details/pricing or email ([email protected]). And if you do Facespace or Instabook give Diddy's Big Block Race Shop a follow.

Kit pictured will fit the Reid Super Kingpin knuckles and Ford 05+ 250/350 factory knuckles. More applications in the pipeline!

That's like losing a whole damn Toyota axle off your D60.

Do you think it'll be "daily driver" friendly for a set of axles swapped into a 4Runner?

those brake setups are the tits, guys! super quality stuff that was well thought out and corrects all of the little issues with the wilwood calipers

What kind of issues are you referring to with the Wilwood calipers? And are these issues specific to a certain part number?

What kind of issues are you referring to with the Wilwood calipers? And are these issues specific to a certain part number?

I run the 4 piston dynalite calipers. I've ran them for 4+years now? The bodies flex. I do run a vented rotor so there is a spacer between the two caliper halves so that probably multiples the effect. Do they work good, yes. Does the whole set up with the WW calipers leave something to be desired, yes.

Our goal is to bring a better quality product to the table.

Here are the brakes on my axle. I built this axle very similar to Redneckengineereds axle, minus some of the high end parts. This is a good thread to go by when building a ub 14b front.

These brakes are not the Mark William's but they work very good for me.

Did you use factory Super Duty Knuckles/Cs?
Did you happen to weigh your setup?

Busted Knuckle just came out with this setup for the budget minded guys.

Busted Knuckle just came out with this setup for the budget minded guys.

Interesting.... Same ol 4 piston dynalite calipers that everyone has ran for years because they didn't know any better.

Like the others have said, they will flex. But see below -

I run the 4 piston dynalite calipers. I've ran them for 4+years now? The bodies flex. I do run a vented rotor so there is a spacer between the two caliper halves so that probably multiples the effect. Do they work good, yes. Does the whole set up with the WW calipers leave something to be desired, yes.

Our goal is to bring a better quality product to the table.

Spot on in my opinion. I run the 4 piston regular old dynalites too. But on a flat spidertrax drilled plate rotor. I can't get any flex out of mine, but have personally seen 3 sets of the spaced out sets flexing.

The dynalite is a light duty lightweight caliper, it's not really designed for what we use them for - but that's not to say they don't work for folks, they just aren't the best out there. But they are child's play compared to the Mark Williams caliper. The Mark Williams caliper is problably more of a fair comparison to the much higher end billet wilwood true racing design calipers, but even then the Mark Williams ones have some really nice and cool upgrades beyond that. They are a higher end product than the wilwood stuff for sure.

Thanks to each of you for the replies. I'll stick with my Wilwood calipers until I get the new build up and running, then I'll assess the braking performance. I'm running 3/8" thick rotors, so spacers in the calipers aren't needed. It sounds like that may be the best scenario for the Dynalites. Is it reasonable to assume that caliper flex translates to a spongy pedal?

Latest posts