• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Do we have any runners on here?

smbroady82

Anyone run for fun/exercise?

5k, 10k, warrior dash, tough mudder, battlefrog, Spartan run, any of that good stuff?

There is a Tough Mudder in Pulaski, TN at the end of October I'm gonna do.

smbroady82 said:
Anyone run for fun/exercise?

5k, 10k, warrior dash, tough mudder, battlefrog, Spartan run, any of that good stuff?

There is a Tough Mudder in Pulaski, TN at the end of October I'm gonna do.

I am quite good at running but try not to unless it is some kind of sport. Didn't run for six years and decided to run a half marathon in Baghdad.....true story. Couldn't walk right for two weeks, but did finish under two hours.

I have done a TM (this one was 10.5ish miles) and a warrior dash (5k) oddly enough both at Milky Way Farms in Pulaski, TN. The warrior dash was really fun and wasn't bad at all, not much distance between obstacles. The TM on the other hand can be absolutely brutal if not prepared. But I enjoy them and it gives me something to work towards throughout the year.

I have run a bunch of 5k's. One half marathon (athhalf in Athens ga). Did a tough mudder once. It was fun and not that bad. All the obstacles break up the run. Wanted to do the 1/2 again but my knee has me down to nothing but a walk.

Torn an acl a few weeks back and got a quick reminded that my knee can shift in any direction when I went to skip along trying to do something fast. Hurt for about 4 days. Think it bent backwards and then left. It gets fixed in a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mortalis5509 said:
I have run a bunch of 5k's. One half marathon (athhalf in Athens ga). Did a tough mudder once. It was fun and not that bad. All the obstacles break up the run. Wanted to do the 1/2 again but my knee has me down to nothing but a walk.

Torn an acl a few weeks back and got a quick reminded that my knee can shift in any direction when I went to skip long trying to do something fast. Hurt for about 4 days. Think it bent backwards and then left. It gets fixed in a few weeks.

Ouch!

both of mine are messed up (not that bad) , but I let up when they start to bothering me a lot. if I do more than a 3-4 miles or run a hilly route, or do a heavy leg day I'll throw on my cheap compression braces

a few years ago I was moving our little 5x8 trailer around the yard like normal, slipped on the driveway and the bottom of the jack landed straight on my knee, couldn't walk for days.. went to the hospital/ doc a few times, they never would give me an MRI so I said forget it and quit coming back and just slowly started to rehab it myself. I run all the time now thumb.gif

I've been running for about five years now. It started as me trying to lose weight, but now I enjoy it. Found a group of guys to run with and it helped a lot. I'm actually training for my first marathon now. 7 more weeks to go...

felipecj said:
I've been running for about five years now. It started as me trying to lose weight, but now I enjoy it. Found a group of guys to run with and it helped a lot. I'm actually training for my first marathon now. 7 more weeks to go...

That's awesome, I'd like to be able to do one one day just to be able to say I have.

And I agree Its always easier to run with someone.

felipecj said:

You are one of my favorite people I almost never see and when I do it is way too brief. Gonna have to drive to Auburn and run for hours just hang out....sheesh

:JRich:I will run a 5k every now and then. I started riding bikes and it is so much easier on my knees. I really want to do a TM but I'm not dedicated enough to train. The strength part is not my problem, it is the 10 mile run. Good luck!

I have done a few 5k fun runs as part of being less fat.

Currently training for a 5k Run N Gun. 5k with rifle/pistol shooting stages scattered throughout all while toting all your gear.

race_jeep said:
I did my first 5k 2 weeks ago, I enjoyed it, I just have trouble running during the week to prepare for it :-\
I did one 3 months after my double ACL reconstruction in '12. Haven't ran since. I decided to get in shape new years, did pretty well, was prepping for a 5k, night before kid ended up in ER late. We didn't make the run the next day. So my training fell off. Decided to do an impromptu one 2 weeks ago, no training (hadn't ran in right at 6 months). It was on rain soaked lime screenings that were like a marshmellow. I did it solo, nobody to push me, never got out of my breathing rhythm, finished about 31 minutes. The one I did in 12 (very little prep, my rehab didn't have me running until a couple weeks before and I got an infection in incision during that time) I finished 27 and change minutes. I had a buddy pushing me during that one though. I've found out that I'd rather ride a bike offroad than run. Running hurts my knees badly

Those that run with knee pain, shoe check is important. When mine start to wear out both my knees start to notice. It's worth going to those places that do shoe fitment. I have a pair of newton's now. They don't come cheap at $120 but they fit how I run and don't have pain from running.

For my 1/2 I had the wrong shoes. I was on pace for 1 hour and 45 minutes but the pain in one heel and the ball of my foot on the other became bad during the run. It slowed me down but I never stopped running to finish at 1 hour and 55 minutes instead. Feet hurt for a week.

I ran a 3 mile for score this morning. 19:15 but it was a very humbling experience because I am used to being fast. I was dead middle of the pack and had several guys in the sub 17 minute range. I have a decade on most of my peers right now, but it still blew my mind that there would be this many fast people.

creepycrawly said:
I ran a 3 mile for score this morning. 19:15 but it was a very humbling experience because I am used to being fast. I was dead middle of the pack and had several guys in the sub 17 minute range. I have a decade on most of my peers right now, but it still blew my mind that there would be this many fast people.

Shut up with that nonsense. Three 6 minute 19.3 second miles consecutively is "humbling" :rolf: If I break 30 minutes I'm thrilled! Heck you are back at the car hanging out with the dog in the Eno when I'm about finishing!

Mongo44 said:
I have done a few 5k fun runs as part of being less fat.

Currently training for a 5k Run N Gun. 5k with rifle/pistol shooting stages scattered throughout all while toting all your gear.

Where is this? It sounds fun, except for the running part. Quick google search i found one in Washington State and Oklahoma is this one in Tennessee?

Latest posts