Hardline Crawlers
August 17, 2018, 07:16:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Calendar for all upcoming rides and competitions.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we have any runners on here?  (Read 8631 times)
jpony645

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2016, 06:08:57 AM »

So far I've done 2 Spartan sprints and have a Spartan Super coming up in Dec., Warrior Dash, Panther Run 3x, Barbarian Challenge, BattleFrog, Backcountry Mud Run.  Planning on getting my Spartan Trifecta next year (Sprint, Super & Beast)

I'm always looking for a training partner local but no one that I know near me does this crazy shit.  Dunno

Josh

Hayden, AL
onepieceatatime

I like turtles...

Re:
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2016, 06:41:13 AM »

Just downloaded a couch to 5k program on my phone to see if I can back into this.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Zach Dobbs - Galloway Ohio
ibrokeit

Brock Higdon- Auburn, AL

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2016, 06:46:41 AM »

Just downloaded a couch to 5k program on my phone to see if I can back into this.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That's what I use.
smbroady82
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2016, 11:03:38 AM »

I'm always looking for a training partner local but no one that I know near me does this crazy shit.  Dunno

I know what you mean, between the runs and Rock crawling, everyone probably thinks I'm nuts.

My name is Stephen- Huntsville, AL
Double Low Hero
Beaner Bilt Toyota - 60s, ORIs, Reds
'06 Cummins,  6spd, 4x4, 37in Nittos
660 Rhino
'88 Sammy on 33s
2017 WOD chassis under construction

www.davesoffroadsupply.com
http://eastcoastgearsupply.com
www.wideopendesign.com
smbroady82
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2016, 07:50:39 PM »

3 weeks out from the TN Tough Mudder ! Anyone else doing this one?

Double Low Hero
660 Rhino
'88 Sammy on 33s

www.wideopendesign.com
y2knole

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2016, 07:44:01 AM »

i used to be...

was a low 16minute 5k hs cross country runner.  that was glory days stuff though.

Im nearly 40 and 40 lbs heavier now though starting to get back into it with some interval work a couple times a week. still dont have any interest in going out to do an 8mile distance run or anything like I used to do...
nhl_bullitt

Southern IL/MO

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2016, 09:59:11 AM »

I run here and there to make attempts to stay in shape. Generally just 3 miles. I can bump it up if I'm feeling saucy.

Zach - Note 91 Buggy
smbroady82
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2016, 06:24:02 PM »

Well I made it last weekend. Knocked out another Tough Mudder. 10+ miles & 20 + obstacles.

Had a blast!  thumb

Double Low Hero
660 Rhino
'88 Sammy on 33s

www.wideopendesign.com
zukimaster

Hold my beer and watch this!

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2016, 06:41:31 PM »

I would be to busy trying to check out all the poon, and fall off a building and break my neck.

Tin Top Sammy under construction, Chad, Ft. Payne AL
smbroady82
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2016, 07:24:57 PM »

I would be to busy trying to check out all the poon, and fall off a building and break my neck.

lol

Double Low Hero
660 Rhino
'88 Sammy on 33s

www.wideopendesign.com
felipecj

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2017, 02:50:51 PM »

Anyone on here running the Mercedes Half/Full Marthon in Birmingham in 2 weeks?

Philippe Scheys
1995 Jeep Wrangler
2004 Jeep LJ-sold
1983 Jeep CJ7-sold
Auburn, AL
smbroady82
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2017, 03:12:30 PM »

Anyone on here running the Mercedes Half/Full Marthon in Birmingham in 2 weeks?

I'd love to do a half this year but I am far from being in shape enough to do one right now.

Double Low Hero
660 Rhino
'88 Sammy on 33s

www.wideopendesign.com
jpony645

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2017, 07:16:30 AM »

Doing my first GoRuck Challenge in March. I have a buddy that does them regularly so I thought I'd mix it up a bit this year from the regular OCRs I've been running. Still running at least 2 Spartans, the Barbarian Challenge, Panther Run and later in the year through a couple more in.

Josh

Hayden, AL
smbroady82
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2017, 07:34:44 AM »

Doing my first GoRuck Challenge in March. I have a buddy that does them regularly so I thought I'd mix it up a bit this year from the regular OCRs I've been running. Still running at least 2 Spartans, the Barbarian Challenge, Panther Run and later in the year through a couple more in.

I haven't heard of a few of them, I'll have to look them up. I'm not a big fan of traveling all day to do one and I hate waiting around for a Warrior Dash and TM close enough to make a day trip of.

There is a Warrior Dash in Pulaski, Tn at Milky Way Farms again this year (April 22). I'm going to do that one if there isn't anything going on that weekend. That place is super hilly (have done 1 W.D. and 2 T.M.s there already)

Double Low Hero
660 Rhino
'88 Sammy on 33s

www.wideopendesign.com
jpony645

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2017, 11:38:51 AM »

Barbarian is in Gadsden, Alabama, Panther Run is in Springville, Alabama.  I try to stay within a couple hour drive. Furthest I've been is the Nashville Spartan at Ft. Campbell and the Atlanta Spartan at the Georgia International Horse Park in Conyers.

I did the Warrior Dash at Milky Way 2 years ago. Man, that place is serious on the hills. I was dying right from the start and it never let up.  Woot

DRM (David Moore) on here and Pirate does OCRs too. He's more serious than I am.

Josh

Hayden, AL
bgredjeep

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2017, 12:59:30 PM »

I ran for a few years.  Wife wanted to do a couch to 5k program so I joined her.  We ran several 5ks, and a 10k.  I never really got the bug for races.  Wife did a couple 1/2 marathons.  I figured if someone was still chasing me after 5-6 miles I would just be caught.

I stopped running at the advice of my neurosurgeon after an MRI which eventually lead to surgery.  I've been biking these days.  I like getting my exercise as a side effect of doing fun stuff.  I enjoyed the people running, but never the activity itself.

Carey  -  Augusta, Ga
blacksheep10
Easyline Crawler

XBJRA champ/ 555 and team Nasty codriver

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2017, 02:25:30 PM »

I ran for a few years.  Wife wanted to do a couch to 5k program so I joined her.  We ran several 5ks, and a 10k.  I never really got the bug for races.  Wife did a couple 1/2 marathons.  I figured if someone was still chasing me after 5-6 miles I would just be caught.

I stopped running at the advice of my neurosurgeon after an MRI which eventually lead to surgery.  I've been biking these days.  I like getting my exercise as a side effect of doing fun stuff.  I enjoyed the people running, but never the activity itself.
Same.  I hate running.   I want to be DOING something.   Biking is kind of that for me, as long as I have a buddy to race against.   I like competition.  Its also low impact on the lower joints in your body. 

Kelly Kaiser
Vertical Limits

Liberals should pay in blood for what they have done and are doing to our once great nation

Team Nasty, the name says it all, now get your clothes off and grab a Keystone
Jody Treadway

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2017, 06:58:22 AM »

My wife has run marathons and is a certifiable trail running bad ass. It isn't my passion in life or anything, but I do enjoy the solitude and quiet.
I took it up last year as part of a renewed fitness plan and lost 75 pounds from March till November. I won my age group (35-39) in 2 events, somehow.

I ran a few 5k (28 min) and 10k (59 min) races and even ran a 1/2 marathon as a goal for myself. I ran it in 2 hours 27 minutes.

Carolina Axle and 4x4
smbroady82
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2017, 07:32:08 AM »

My wife has run marathons and is a certifiable trail running bad ass. It isn't my passion in life or anything, but I do enjoy the solitude and quiet.
I took it up last year as part of a renewed fitness plan and lost 75 pounds from March till November. I won my age group (35-39) in 2 events, somehow.

I ran a few 5k (28 min) and 10k (59 min) races and even ran a 1/2 marathon as a goal for myself. I ran it in 2 hours 27 minutes.

Congrats! Impressive dedication!

Double Low Hero
660 Rhino
'88 Sammy on 33s

www.wideopendesign.com
smbroady82
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2017, 07:13:06 PM »

Alright guys, anybody else been training for a run?

I have a Warrior Dash this weekend in Pulaski, TN I'm looking forward to.

I've been keeping my runs relatively short for this one, but did do 6 miles two Sundays ago just to make sure I still had it in me.

Double Low Hero
660 Rhino
'88 Sammy on 33s

www.wideopendesign.com
jpony645

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2017, 06:34:28 AM »

Yep, train every day.  Did a GORUCK challenge in March then the Spartan Sprint at Ft. Benning 2 weeks ago. Planning on getting my Trifecta this year but I haven't decided yet where my Super and Beast are going to be. They'll be later this year.  Also have the Panther Run in Springville in May and Barbarian Challenge in  Gadsden in June.

Josh

Hayden, AL
Jody Treadway

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2017, 06:58:27 AM »

Ran a 12k trail race 2 weeks ago and signed up for 2 more in the next month. I am training for my first 30k later this summer!

Carolina Axle and 4x4
smbroady82
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2017, 07:05:43 AM »

Yep, train every day.  Did a GORUCK challenge in March then the Spartan Sprint at Ft. Benning 2 weeks ago. Planning on getting my Trifecta this year but I haven't decided yet where my Super and Beast are going to be. They'll be later this year.  Also have the Panther Run in Springville in May and Barbarian Challenge in  Gadsden in June.

Very nice, I'm gonna have to get into the Spartans like that. Something about that Trifecta gets me interested, I think it's a great marketing strategy.

Ran a 12k trail race 2 weeks ago and signed up for 2 more in the next month. I am training for my first 30k later this summer!

Whew! I can only do a few of the longer runs like that a year (off pavement anyways), all the off camber trails/ slippery mud/ hills is rough on my knees.

I need to get signed up for a TM full for 2017. I try to do one of those a year.

Double Low Hero
660 Rhino
'88 Sammy on 33s

www.wideopendesign.com
blacksheep10
Easyline Crawler

XBJRA champ/ 555 and team Nasty codriver

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2017, 07:20:55 AM »

Funny story, they boy signed up to do a 5k with me.   We never run.   I ran a 5k last oct and that's the last time I did any cardio or running of any kind.   2 weeks ago we go in and I told him, wife and daughter (17) that if they beat me, I would give them $100.   Daughter didn't show, she had a swim meet a couple hours after the run, wife is no contest, the boy (Cool is all about competition.   He is front row, ready to win.   He takes off sprinting and disappears.  runs in first for the first 1/4 mile.   Then he learns a lesson about track meet vs marathon.   He burns out and I catch him at about 3/4 mile.   We jog on.   At 2 miles he's crying his side hurts and I just keep him going, we walk a lot.   By 2.75 miles he's so screaming mad at me he hates me and why am I so mean that when he wants to walk I just keep jogging slow to keep him going.   He will sprint past me in anger, then fizzle out and need to catch his breath again.   I'm staying positive, just talking in a conversational tone to him.  We go over the last 2 big hills and come around a bend, he's ready to quit, hates it etc.   1/3-1/4 mile left and I say, look, theres the finish, there's your $100.   I started 5 sec behind you, so you have to beat me by 5+ sec.   He went from "I'm going to die, my stomach hurts, I hate this" to the fucking roadrunner in about .5 seconds.   Holy shit, took off.   I'm pretty low on gas at this point but I hate to lose.   I know I have to keep him in reach but not finish in front of.   I RAN the last 1/4 mile and finished about 5 sec behind him.   It was 30 min of waiting until the time sheets came out. 

He is pissed and learned a couple lessons about quitting, how corrected time works (like endurance racing, you're racing the clock), and learned what he has in the tank when his mind says he is tired.   
I was like, this little MF'er sandbagged me and made me walk and then leaves me FTW, if this was planned, I'm very proud  Laughing
So I win by .5 of a second.   His mom tells him that I should give him the $100 anyway because he tried hard.   Ya, no.  no second place trophies.   I told him I'd put $100 toward a bike more suited for the trails we ride so he can get in the woods with me.   Good shit.

Kelly Kaiser
Vertical Limits

Liberals should pay in blood for what they have done and are doing to our once great nation

Team Nasty, the name says it all, now get your clothes off and grab a Keystone
money_pit_yj

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2017, 11:17:59 AM »

Funny story, they boy signed up to do a 5k with me.   We never run.   I ran a 5k last oct and that's the last time I did any cardio or running of any kind.   2 weeks ago we go in and I told him, wife and daughter (17) that if they beat me, I would give them $100.   Daughter didn't show, she had a swim meet a couple hours after the run, wife is no contest, the boy (Cool is all about competition.   He is front row, ready to win.   He takes off sprinting and disappears.  runs in first for the first 1/4 mile.   Then he learns a lesson about track meet vs marathon.   He burns out and I catch him at about 3/4 mile.   We jog on.   At 2 miles he's crying his side hurts and I just keep him going, we walk a lot.   By 2.75 miles he's so screaming mad at me he hates me and why am I so mean that when he wants to walk I just keep jogging slow to keep him going.   He will sprint past me in anger, then fizzle out and need to catch his breath again.   I'm staying positive, just talking in a conversational tone to him.  We go over the last 2 big hills and come around a bend, he's ready to quit, hates it etc.   1/3-1/4 mile left and I say, look, theres the finish, there's your $100.   I started 5 sec behind you, so you have to beat me by 5+ sec.   He went from "I'm going to die, my stomach hurts, I hate this" to the fucking roadrunner in about .5 seconds.   Holy shit, took off.   I'm pretty low on gas at this point but I hate to lose.   I know I have to keep him in reach but not finish in front of.   I RAN the last 1/4 mile and finished about 5 sec behind him.   It was 30 min of waiting until the time sheets came out. 

He is pissed and learned a couple lessons about quitting, how corrected time works (like endurance racing, you're racing the clock), and learned what he has in the tank when his mind says he is tired.   
I was like, this little MF'er sandbagged me and made me walk and then leaves me FTW, if this was planned, I'm very proud  Laughing
So I win by .5 of a second.   His mom tells him that I should give him the $100 anyway because he tried hard.   Ya, no.  no second place trophies.   I told him I'd put $100 toward a bike more suited for the trails we ride so he can get in the woods with me.   Good shit.

There is no way I could beat mine if I tried. He runs a 5k in 28 minutes with energy left over to come back and finish with me! Good job!!! Double Thumbs

Dan Underwood

Church On The Rocks

Psalm 40:2. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: