• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Do we have any runners on here?

Re: Re: Do we have any runners on here?

Mortalis5509 said:
Which GORUCK event did you do? Been wanting to do one in Atl or Athens but need to get my knee squared away.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I did the Light in Birmingham. I ain't gonna lie, the PT was rough. It had me ready to quit before we even started rucking. Once I made it through that, all was good. We covered about 10 miles through downtown Birmingham. Definitely a different experience than OCR.

mckeddie said:
What kind of shoes ya'll using? Ive always loved brooks pure flows, but hate the newer ones. Mikes have always hurt my calves and shins. I'm about to buy a new pair bc my old pure flows are pretty beat.

For pavement/gym: Merrels, I get the super lightweight, low profile similar to these:
http://www.merrell.com/US/en/bare-access-4/17570M.html?ref=men%27s%20running&dwvar_17570M_color=J36791#q=men's+running&start=1

For OCRs: Reebok Spartan Race All Terrain Super OR
https://shop.spartan.com/products/reebok-spartan-race-all-terrain-super-or-performance-mens?variant=27326751174&gclid=CLOTyaXLtdMCFYW4wAodiQIJJg
These drain really well, have awesome traction, are super light, and have the cord where you don't have to mess with laces coming undone/getting packed full of mud.
I do not wear these to the gym unless the week of a run (like this week for instance), the cleats are very soft and will wear fast.

mckeddie said:
What kind of shoes ya'll using? Ive always loved brooks pure flows, but hate the newer ones. Mikes have always hurt my calves and shins. I'm about to buy a new pair bc my old pure flows are pretty beat.

For OCR, i wear Salomon Speedcross 3. They are a VERY comfortable shoe and grip well, except on the slick walls. I do wish they drained better but that's the only negative I have about them. Definitely don't want to wear them on pavement too much because they are soft and wear quickly. I have a pair of Adidas trail shoes also that drain very well but aren't nearly as comfortable. I usually train inside in Nike running shoes or the Adidas outside

No worse than the drive from Chocco to Asheville NC. I never knew 300 miles would take 8 hours!
Freaking I20 traffic!

My wife is doing the 50K with some friends that day as well.

Jody Treadway said:
No worse than the drive from Chocco to Asheville NC. I never knew 300 miles would take 8 hours!
Freaking I20 traffic!

My wife is doing the 50K with some friends that day as well.

That's impressive!

Really cool you guys do that stuff together. thumb.gif

My soon to be has done one TM and one Warrior Dash with me.

We have any cyclists? I use to ride/race road and mtn regularly until we found out my wife was pregnant about a year and half ago. I have since gained about 30 lbs. Got back on the bike yesterday for 26 miles and hoping to mix it up with running so I don't get burned out again.

Bumping this up with a new race in the books.
This past Saturday I ran the Norris Dam Hard 25K and my wife and her friend ran the 50K.
The course was insane! Super steep in places and being covered in leaves made it hard to see rocks and roots underneath. I ended up going off course and ran a little over 17 miles as a result.
Still had a blast and will be looking for a 30K as my next goal.

Myself, my wife and our friend Kelly post race

Attachments

• Dam Hard Trail Race.jpg
    Dam Hard Trail Race.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 111
Doing a Warrior Dash in Pulaski this weekend that I forgot about. We signed up for one last year and got up there and they called it off due to weather so this one is a freebie...

Sure ain't no 25-50K like Jody and them are doing but its a start to this year! thumb.gif

I run once a year because Uncle Sugar forces me to. Last year in Decent but cold weather I ran a 12.07 1.5mile... this year it was sleeting and shitty and I went 13.15. Im old so those times still get me "Excellent" status for PT. :woot:

Latest posts