Hardline Crawlers
October 23, 2018, 08:10:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Calendar for all upcoming rides and competitions.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we have any runners on here?  (Read 9045 times)
Jody Treadway

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2017, 11:44:06 AM »

Here's my 1 year to the date transformation pic. On the left was me after watching my wife run the DuPont 12K last year and I was 285#. The right side is after I ran it last month 1 year to the day after I started eating healthy and running some. Currently holding at 220# with plans to be at 199 on July 3rd, my 40th birthday.

Carolina Axle and 4x4
blacksheep10
Easyline Crawler

XBJRA champ/ 555 and team Nasty codriver

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2017, 06:54:38 PM »

There is no way I could beat mine if I tried. He runs a 5k in 28 minutes with energy left over to come back and finish with me! Good job!!! Double Thumbs

My first one at 32 was 27 min and change, I'm so far from that right now.   If I were pushed I could maybe click off a 30ish and I'd be dead after  skully

Kelly Kaiser
Vertical Limits

Liberals should pay in blood for what they have done and are doing to our once great nation

Team Nasty, the name says it all, now get your clothes off and grab a Keystone
smbroady82
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2017, 07:03:33 PM »

Funny story, they boy signed up to do a 5k with me.   We never run.   I ran a 5k last oct and that's the last time I did any cardio or running of any kind.   2 weeks ago we go in and I told him, wife and daughter (17) that if they beat me, I would give them $100.   Daughter didn't show, she had a swim meet a couple hours after the run, wife is no contest, the boy (Cool is all about competition.   He is front row, ready to win.   He takes off sprinting and disappears.  runs in first for the first 1/4 mile.   Then he learns a lesson about track meet vs marathon.   He burns out and I catch him at about 3/4 mile.   We jog on.   At 2 miles he's crying his side hurts and I just keep him going, we walk a lot.   By 2.75 miles he's so screaming mad at me he hates me and why am I so mean that when he wants to walk I just keep jogging slow to keep him going.   He will sprint past me in anger, then fizzle out and need to catch his breath again.   I'm staying positive, just talking in a conversational tone to him.  We go over the last 2 big hills and come around a bend, he's ready to quit, hates it etc.   1/3-1/4 mile left and I say, look, theres the finish, there's your $100.   I started 5 sec behind you, so you have to beat me by 5+ sec.   He went from "I'm going to die, my stomach hurts, I hate this" to the fucking roadrunner in about .5 seconds.   Holy shit, took off.   I'm pretty low on gas at this point but I hate to lose.   I know I have to keep him in reach but not finish in front of.   I RAN the last 1/4 mile and finished about 5 sec behind him.   It was 30 min of waiting until the time sheets came out. 

He is pissed and learned a couple lessons about quitting, how corrected time works (like endurance racing, you're racing the clock), and learned what he has in the tank when his mind says he is tired.   
I was like, this little MF'er sandbagged me and made me walk and then leaves me FTW, if this was planned, I'm very proud  Laughing
So I win by .5 of a second.   His mom tells him that I should give him the $100 anyway because he tried hard.   Ya, no.  no second place trophies.   I told him I'd put $100 toward a bike more suited for the trails we ride so he can get in the woods with me.   Good shit.

I like it!

My name is Stephen- Huntsville, AL
Double Low Hero
Beaner Bilt Toyota - 60s, ORIs, Reds
'06 Cummins,  6spd, 4x4, 37in Nittos
660 Rhino
'88 Sammy on 33s
2017 WOD chassis under construction

www.davesoffroadsupply.com
http://eastcoastgearsupply.com
www.wideopendesign.com
jopickens

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2017, 10:40:41 PM »

Tough mudders are fun, have ran a couple!   Last marathon I ran was the Marine Corps Marathon in 2012.  Try and run a mile a day faster than 7min just so I don't forget how...   Wink
money_pit_yj

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2017, 07:47:34 AM »

Here's my 1 year to the date transformation pic. On the left was me after watching my wife run the DuPont 12K last year and I was 285#. The right side is after I ran it last month 1 year to the day after I started eating healthy and running some. Currently holding at 220# with plans to be at 199 on July 3rd, my 40th birthday.

Did you do a specific diet or just eat healthier in general?

Dan Underwood

Church On The Rocks

Psalm 40:2. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
Jody Treadway

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2017, 08:29:22 AM »

I did a very simple lifestyle change. I wouldn't call it a diet whatsoever.

I only eat real, single ingredient food. That's it.
Veggies, fruit, meat, eggs,nuts, etc.
Very little bread, very, very low artificial sugars.  Nothing out of a wrapper or bag. I also go low sodium.
My exercise level didn't really go up much, I just started running after the weight came off. So most of the weight loss was purely diet.

I watched my sugar intake more than anything and kept my daily intake under 35-40 grams. It's amazing how much sugars are in condiments and low fat/fat free foods.

Hop on Netflix and watch Fed Up as well as Forks over Knives as a start.

Carolina Axle and 4x4
mckeddie

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2017, 07:47:51 PM »

What kind of shoes ya'll using?    Ive always loved brooks pure flows, but hate the newer ones.    Mikes have always hurt my calves and shins.   I'm about to buy a new pair bc my old pure flows are pretty beat. 
Mortalis5509

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2017, 08:04:33 PM »

What kind of shoes ya'll using?    Ive always loved brooks pure flows, but hate the newer ones.    Mikes have always hurt my calves and shins.   I'm about to buy a new pair bc my old pure flows are pretty beat.
Brooks I like. Been running in them a while. I was told I need a stability shoe because of how I run. I also like Newton's. On the bottom fore foot they are raised. You can't really tell, only first time wearing them. They really help with heal strike. They will smoke your calves the first few runs until your calves build strength. Great shoes though. I currently wear Brooks to walk in and do general stuff, but using the Newton for running at the moment. Ever been to a running shop to get fitted? Worth it.

I'm really limited on running. On my 4th knee surgery to repair an ACL and it's slow to get back my full range of motion. Only 33. 

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Go Dawgs
Mortalis5509

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2017, 08:06:30 PM »

Yep, train every day.  Did a GORUCK challenge in March then the Spartan Sprint at Ft. Benning 2 weeks ago. Planning on getting my Trifecta this year but I haven't decided yet where my Super and Beast are going to be. They'll be later this year.  Also have the Panther Run in Springville in May and Barbarian Challenge in  Gadsden in June.
Which GORUCK event did you do? Been wanting to do one in Atl or Athens but need to get my knee squared away.

Go Dawgs
Jody Treadway

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2017, 03:30:08 AM »

What kind of shoes ya'll using?    Ive always loved brooks pure flows, but hate the newer ones.    Mikes have always hurt my calves and shins.   I'm about to buy a new pair bc my old pure flows are pretty beat.  

Go to a local running store and they will determine which shoes are best based on a lot of different factors. They will evaluate your stride and the way to literally place your feet when you step.
I wear Hoka running shoes for pavement and Altra for trail running.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 07:03:56 AM by Jody Treadway » Logged

Carolina Axle and 4x4
jpony645

« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2017, 04:43:02 AM »

Which GORUCK event did you do? Been wanting to do one in Atl or Athens but need to get my knee squared away.

I did the Light in Birmingham. I ain't gonna lie, the PT was rough. It had me ready to quit before we even started rucking. Once I made it through that, all was good. We covered about 10 miles through downtown Birmingham. Definitely a different experience than OCR.

Josh

Hayden, AL
smbroady82
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2017, 05:57:44 AM »

For pavement/gym: Merrels, I get the super lightweight, low profile similar to these:
http://www.merrell.com/US/en/bare-access-4/17570M.html?ref=men%27s%20running&dwvar_17570M_color=J36791#q=men's+running&start=1

For OCRs: Reebok Spartan Race All Terrain Super OR
https://shop.spartan.com/products/reebok-spartan-race-all-terrain-super-or-performance-mens?variant=27326751174&gclid=CLOTyaXLtdMCFYW4wAodiQIJJg
These drain really well, have awesome traction, are super light, and have the cord where you don't have to mess with laces coming undone/getting packed full of mud.
I do not wear these to the gym unless the week of a run (like this week for instance), the cleats are very soft and will wear fast.

Double Low Hero
660 Rhino
'88 Sammy on 33s

www.wideopendesign.com
jpony645

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2017, 06:05:46 AM »

For OCR, i wear Salomon Speedcross 3. They are a VERY comfortable shoe and grip well, except on the slick walls. I do wish they drained better but that's the only negative I have about them. Definitely don't want to wear them on pavement too much because they are soft and wear quickly. I have a pair of Adidas trail shoes also that drain very well but aren't nearly as comfortable.  I usually train inside in Nike running shoes or the Adidas outside

Josh

Hayden, AL
smbroady82
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2017, 07:17:29 PM »

alright, just signed up for my 2017 Tough Mudder in September (in Lebanon, TN)

excited to try the new venue  Double Thumbs

Double Low Hero
660 Rhino
'88 Sammy on 33s

www.wideopendesign.com
Jody Treadway

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2017, 11:06:16 AM »

Just signed up for the Norris Dam Hard trail race in November. This will be my longest run to date, 25K!

Carolina Axle and 4x4
smbroady82
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2017, 02:39:05 PM »

Just signed up for the Norris Dam Hard trail race in November. This will be my longest run to date, 25K!

Man that's a haul!

Double Low Hero
660 Rhino
'88 Sammy on 33s

www.wideopendesign.com
Jody Treadway

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2017, 05:36:26 AM »

No worse than the drive from Chocco to Asheville NC. I never knew 300 miles would take 8 hours!
Freaking I20 traffic!

My wife is doing the 50K with some friends that day as well.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 05:37:01 AM by Jody Treadway » Logged

Carolina Axle and 4x4
smbroady82
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2017, 10:57:09 AM »

No worse than the drive from Chocco to Asheville NC. I never knew 300 miles would take 8 hours!
Freaking I20 traffic!

My wife is doing the 50K with some friends that day as well.

That's impressive!

Really cool you guys do that stuff together.  thumb

My soon to be has done one TM and one Warrior Dash with me.

Double Low Hero
660 Rhino
'88 Sammy on 33s

www.wideopendesign.com
Tlh89

« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2017, 04:46:15 AM »

We have any cyclists? I use to ride/race road and mtn regularly until we found out my wife was pregnant about a year and half ago. I have since gained about 30 lbs. Got back on the bike yesterday for 26 miles and hoping to mix it up with running so I don't get burned out again.
Jody Treadway

« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2017, 07:39:00 AM »

Bumping this up with a new race in the books.
This past Saturday I ran the Norris Dam Hard 25K and my wife and her friend ran the 50K.
The course was insane! Super steep in places and being covered in leaves made it hard to see rocks and roots underneath. I ended up going off course and ran a little over 17 miles as a result.
Still had a blast and will be looking for a 30K as my next goal.

Myself, my wife and our friend Kelly post race

Carolina Axle and 4x4
smbroady82
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2018, 05:19:40 PM »

Doing a Warrior Dash in Pulaski this weekend that I forgot about. We signed up for one last year and got up there and they called it off due to weather so this one is a freebie...

Sure ain't no 25-50K like Jody and them are doing but its a start to this year!  thumb

Double Low Hero
660 Rhino
'88 Sammy on 33s

www.wideopendesign.com
P
Custom as Hell
Administrator

If its free, its P

« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2018, 05:01:55 AM »

I run once a year because Uncle Sugar forces me to.  Last year in Decent but cold weather I ran a 12.07 1.5mile...  this year it was sleeting and shitty and I went 13.15.   Im old so those times still get me "Excellent" status for PT.   Woot

" If a guy hasnt got any gamble in him, he isnt worth a crap"
Evel Knievel

OG Hardline Custom/ Hardline Crawler
#TaketheHardline
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: