• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AOP - Crawling For Reid - March 3-4, 2017

What a great event! If you were not able to come out you really missed something special.​

Yes, the weather was great
Yes, the wheeling was awesome
Yes, the Rock Bouncer drag race was killer - Bubba Bacon won!
Yes, the food from Southern Rock BBQ was fantastic as always

But most important of all, 2200 people, paid attendees and kids(under 12 were free) came out to Adventure Offroad Park in S. Pittsburg, Tennessee to raise awareness for Epidermolysis Bullosa(EB) and help support Reid!!!

You read that right, 2200 people and they all helped to raise $120,000 for Reid and EB Research!

IMG_1103_zpszdnktacu.jpg

This was an amazing weekend and it would not have been possible without the help of our sponsors. THANK YOU TO:

Adventure Offroad Park, Tom's 4x4 Superstore, Allsouth Autosports, Motobilt, VKS Fab, sPOD, Teraflex, Factor 55, Rock Krawler, Spiderwebshades, Crawl Tunes, Crawl Tek, Highland Expedition Outfitters, Rain Gear Jeep Covers, A to Z Fab, Essentially Offroad, Acme Trading Company, EVO, Swag Performance, Bestop, Rough Country, Roswell Hardware, JKS, Infinite Offroad, Hercules Tire, Tactical Recovery Equipment,Hi Beam Offroad, Zone Offroad, BDS, Warn, JP5 Performance Engineering, Ace Trailers, Rancho, Poison Spyder, Ruff Stuff, Dana/Spicer, Hot Heads Headliners, RCV, Blue Torch Fab, 4 wheel parts Marietta, Ga and 4 wheel Parts Birmingham, Al, Raceline Wheels, AEV, Rugged Radios, Rugged Ridge, Superchips, Ripp Superchargers and Superwinch

The Luke said:
Heck yea. Man I swear Sams old Yellow Bronco buggy has been around forever. That thing is an OG.

Talking with him Friday night, he's had it since 2004, which is forever with how often everyone else switches rides up. This was that buggys' 7th trip out to KOH.

Rolled in around noon on Friday. The park was already packed with folks everywhere it seemed. Setup camp next to bigsam, then hopped in for some Blue trail riding with some of the Georgia Trail Riders (big thanks to them for all their volunteering this weekend). Hung around bigsam's fire Friday night until late and met several new folks/reintroduced to several folks I've known for years. Folks were rolling into the park all night long. Dropped down to 25 degrees Friday night/early Saturday morning.

Saturday morning met Steven/Sam/Shawn/Sean Broady and talked for a bit. The rest of our group got there at 9ish and we selected some raffles to attempt to win (had a single winning ticket out of the entire group). Met up with 99JeepTJ and rode two trails I hadn't been on before. Headed back down to watch the bouncer drag racing, did some more trail riding, then watched as two of our group competed in the "Tennis Ball Challenge" race. I'll let TheLuke describe that event.

Access trails were packed but the trails we did run on Friday and Saturday were pretty manageable overall. Parking overall was being directed down to the motorcross track area for additional parking if that tells you how crowded/well attended it was there. Did a bit more trail riding, then watched in amazement at the Raffle for all the support given by relative strangers to that family. I know our "sport/hobby" is pretty grassroots, but to see how folks come together for a common cause such as this is awe inspiring.

Hung around bigsam's fire again Saturday night until late. PHolomann, I owe the Mrs. something of her choosing. Per her recommendation, we went to Walmart that night to get some heated blankets for the Rooftop tent and regular tent to run from the generator. Made all the difference in the world! Packed up Sunday morning, said goodbyes, and unloaded/cleaned up most of the afternoon.

Crawling for Reid 2018 certainly has some pretty big shoes to fill!

Attachments

• Crawling for Reid 2017.jpg
    Crawling for Reid 2017.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 138
Stacking rocks and a pic just to remind me of that one new tire I had

Attachments

• 170306_023016_466.jpeg
    170306_023016_466.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 170306_023016_473.jpeg
    170306_023016_473.jpeg
    413.2 KB · Views: 131
muddinmetal said:
I would also like to apologize to anyone in a rzr whom I might have yelled at for blaring coon tunes. I should not act a fool like that.
Well I have a feeling you get a pass on most things you do like that. I'm over 6 foot and 240 pounds and I wouldn't mess with you if you were in a wheelchair! :****:

money_pit_yj said:
You ditched the traction flaps? I thought they were proven to be winners!!

Oh they were, they worked better than the new one, but that tire self destructed :****:

BUG-E J said:
Well I have a feeling you get a pass on most things you do like that. I'm over 6 foot and 240 pounds and I wouldn't mess with you if you were in a wheelchair! :****:

I don't act stupid because I think I can get away with it, I do it because I retarded apparently

BUG-E J said:

Geez man I would hope you wouldn't mess with anybody in a wheel chair!! :rolf:

BUG-E J said:
Your the one stabbing trannies! :butt:

Easy there, I haven't even laid hands on my tranny yet. I have felt around at some others, watched videos and looked at books and articles and talked to multiple men who do trannies and have made up my mind. I even talked to two guys who do trannies together as a team and decided I'm going to leave doing trannies up to the professionals.

GM is going to resolve the problem and cover parts and labor :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

muddinmetal said:
I would also like to apologize to anyone in a rzr whom I might have yelled at for blaring coon tunes. I should not act a fool like that.

If it had been any other ride I would have been right there with you. I kept having to remind myself that we were there for a bigger reason. I was done with rzrs by noon though.

money_pit_yj said:
Easy there, I haven't even laid hands on my tranny yet. I have felt around at some others, watched videos and looked at books and articles and talked to multiple men who do trannies and have made up my mind. I even talked to two guys who do trannies together as a team and decided I'm going to leave doing trannies up to the professionals.

GM is going to resolve the problem and cover parts and labor
:rolf: :rolf:
Bahahahahahahahaha

money_pit_yj said:
Geez man I would hope you wouldn't mess with anybody in a wheel chair!! :rolf:

To be honest......I mess with everyone....wheelchair, peg leg, pirate hook, all of them. Just means I like you and in all fun. Randall is in a wheel chair and he drives better than me and only uses his hands. Saw a guy at Harlan and at AOP that has wheelchair wheels on his custom buggy that doesn't even have a steering wheel. Get to know him a little better and I am sure I will poke at him as well.

Off-roading should not be interrupted by loud music. V8's, open headers, Budweiser, Marlboro Reds, Mericuh. All the rest is just filler instead of awesome.

jeeptj99 said:
If it had been any other ride I would have been right there with you. I kept having to remind myself that we were there for a bigger reason. I was done with rzrs by noon though.
please don't put all RZR riders in that group,some of us are real wheelers that just made the switch then you have the 'never been off road but have the want to buy a RZR and bring their mall habits to the woods'. :****:

RockHales said:
please don't put all RZR riders in that group,some of us are real wheelers that just made the switch then you have the 'never been off road but have the want to buy a RZR and bring their mall habits to the woods'. :****:

Oh, are we talking about jk owners now??

RockHales said:

Oh, are we talking about jk owners now??