• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hunting pictures

NewYork giant we had some trail cam pics of but never thought we'd kill. My wife took it with AR15 he scores gross 170.25 , didn't find it till the next day and coyotes ate the back half

Rockwells607 said:

NewYork giant we had some trail cam pics of but never thought we'd kill. My wife took it with AR15 he scores gross 170.25 , didn't find it till the next day and coyotes ate the back half

Thats a heck of a deer! He got mass!! I like those dark racks like that as well. Tell her if she would drop them where they are standing the coyotes wouldn't eat them like that :rolf:

Re: Hunting pictures

98ae982a214ca1f8add8b89cfc9e72f8.jpg

I can finally join this thread !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

money_pit_yj said:
Thats a heck of a deer! He got mass!! I like those dark racks like that as well. Tell her if she would drop them where they are standing the coyotes wouldn't eat them like that :rolf:
That's the biggest reason I won't take my 5.56. I've tried to convince myself it will put them down with a good shot but with it in the 70's right now eating them would be rough. :****:

BUG-E J said:
That's the biggest reason I won't take my 5.56. I've tried to convince myself it will put them down with a good shot but with it in the 70's right now eating them would be rough. :****:

I killed one in Texas and had him back at camp within about an hour and a half and the meat was so nasty we just cut his head of and threw him away. 80 degrees about 1 week after peak rut. Still not sure why cause he dropped after the first two shots with a 308. ;D

We have dropped several deer with the 5.56 round . Usually makes light work . I shot a doe at 256 yards this year and dropped it. She must have gut shot this one there's no hole in the chest cavity and the yotes ate the rest.

Rockwells607 said:
We have dropped several deer with the 5.56 round . Usually makes light work . I shot a doe at 256 yards this year and dropped it. She must have gut shot this one there's no hole in the chest cavity and the yotes ate the rest.

I've dropped a few with my AR also... shot placement is key, the two that come to mind ran less than 30 yards with heart shots. I was shooting 62 grain federal soft points.

I got this one Nov 6th down in SC on our hunt club. My first good buck! 19 inch outside spread

I want to kill some with my AR too.. It'll be with the 63grn Fusions or the 64grn Power Points..

The only reason I haven't went ahead and started shooting 223 at deer is because we hunt in some seriously thick stuff and sometimes I'll short through it and I worry the 223 will tumble easier. No doubt it's just fine in open places, but I don't want to hit a briar and it tumble and miss the deer..

If i were a reloader I'd shoot the nosler 77 grain soft points... but i aint lol....

I wouldn't shoot through a bunch of brush at a deer either, eating them is my favorite part I hate losing one!

When I shoot through thicker stuff, I pick a hole and aim through it. So far I haven't ever hit a limb or anything like that or lost a deer, but anything is possible.

Stuff like this is what worries me. I know a 308 will push through if I slip up and hit one of those small limbs, but I worry a .223 will tumble.

75E943C0-A7A1-4D72-9EBE-2BE9E7D1D49C.jpg

946FB5B1-1BBC-4DA9-91EE-3694904F2A64.jpg

Re:

Anybody into hunting coyotes and Fox? Looking into getting into it because their population is starting really boom here and we got chickens and our wild pheasant population is starting to grow but that won't continue if the predator population grows just as fast. Gotta keep **** in balance.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

We shoot a lot of yotes. Squealer and a wobbly "rabbit" decoy and you are pretty much guaranteed to pull one within shooting range

I love calling coyotes. Seriously probably one of the most fun things you can do with your clothes on. :****:

I called one in last night. I put my back to some thick stuff on the edge of a greenfield and started calling toward the greenfield, thinking it'd come out the other side or from the road on the other end. Holy crap, no! He came barrelling out of the thick stuff right on me maybe 5ft away before I saw him and he realized what was up.. He was backpeddling, I was running and trying to shoot it. Scared us both to death. It was complete and total chaos for about 3 seconds. I literally sat in the field and laughed afterwards..

I seriously thought he was on me. It happened so fast. He never saw me till I jumped up to get out of his way..