• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Daniel Boone National Forest - SFWDA Meet And Ride - November 12, 2016

70Scout

SFWDA Meet and Ride Hosted by Ohio River FourWheelers

The Ohio River Four Wheelers would like to invite everyone from SFWDA whether your a member or not to head north for an exciting day of wheeling with us in the Daniel Boone National Forest / Red River Gorge area.
We would like to show our appreciation for all the support SFWDA has provided to help develop and promote the Daniel Boone Back Country Byway / DBBB.
There are no registration fees or trail access fees for this event. We have enlisted volunteers from several local clubs to assist as trail boss, mid-gunner, and tail-gunners, for several trail combination packages, from mild to hardcore.
We will have something for everyone. Experience some of the trails you've heard about in this area: DBB, Carburetor Hill, Hairpin, Widowmaker, and others.
The Slade / natural bridge area is about 165 miles north of Knoxville, tn at exit 33 off the Burt T. Combs mountain parkway.

Check SFWDA web site for more event details on area lodging recommendations and other information including CartoTracks map downloads for the event!

While this is a free event, Ohio River Four Wheelers and SFWDA ask that you bring a donation for Buckhorn Children and Family Services. From their website:
"Buckhorn Children & Family Services was founded to provide compassionate and dignified residential care and treatment of troubled youth male and female,
ages 8-17, and their families on campuses in Eastern Kentucky and Ohio. Our family-centered approach to care means that the youth and families we serve receive
the highest quality trauma-sensitive services available addressing psychiatric, foster care and adoption, and family preservation and reunification needs.
We work within and beyond the Agency, to promote healing in a peaceful and safe environment."

If you would like more information on this organization please check out their website at www.buckhorn.org

Below is a list of items they have requested for donation which you can bring to the ride:

Cottage Supplies: Client Needs:
Twin Sheet Sets
Deodorant
Pillows
Tooth Paste
Twin Blankets
Tooth Brushes
Towels
Toothbrush Travel Holder
Wash Cloths
Shampoo & Conditioner
Dish Towels
Body Wash
Dish Rags
Combs and Brushes
Pot Holders
Notebooks (no spiral bound)
Curtains (48 Inch)
Pencils
Laundry Baskets
Coats and Jackets
Bed Bug Covers (twin Mattress)
Socks
Puzzles and Board Games
Underwear
Scrap-booking Supplies
Sleep Pants
Art Supplies (poster board, paint, brushes,
sketch pads etc)
Flip Flops (shower Shoes)
Lego Sets
Bras (all Sizes, no underwires)
Feminine Hygiene Products

Where & When
90 L&E Railroad PL
Slade, KY 40376
Start: Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 9:00 AM
End: Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 5:00 PM
Time Zone: Eastern Time

Re: SFWDA Meet and Ride -- Daniel Boone National Forest, Slade KY -- November 12, 20

Do we need tags and insurance for this event?

Re: SFWDA Meet and Ride -- Daniel Boone National Forest, Slade KY -- November 12, 20

Every person on Hardline is a member of SFWDA, all they have to do is send me their name and email to be added to the roster.

Sent using left thumb.

I'm local to this area , as far as tags & insurance it really depends on where u park & ride as some of it is private & some is forestry

07gmc said:
I'm local to this area , as far as tags & insurance it really depends on where u park & ride as some of it is private & some is forestry

So I will need it? I'm assuming some of this will be on the public land?

I have a few friends that have been running that area in gayzrs over the course of this year. They have not had any problems that I know of.

Yeah , there's a good forest fire burning as of tonight but it's on opposite side of where we ride & Saturday is opening day for modern rifle deer season

I am a local and our club (Kentucky Krawlers) will be helping lead a few of the groups. If you ever wanted to ride in the Red River Gorge/Natural Bridge/Slade Ky area, now is your chance. It should be a good time. If you can't make it on the 12th feel free to come up the weekend after (19th) and join us for our annual Kentucky Krawlers Toy Ride. PM or post up of you want more details.

To answer your questions about tags and insurance - the answer is yes, you need them. The meeting spot is right off of Mountain Parkway in Slade Ky. You will have to drive about 5-6 miles before you get off of pavement, and even then a lot of the "trails" are actually listed as country roads by which means the USFS can ticket/impound illegal rigs.

If you are not legal and interested in riding, I suggest you get with a local and try to get that hooked up on your own. ;) ;D

i am tagged and insured, just no windows or doors and some tweaked steel wheels that have some wobble.lol might park at hollerwood.or the other side at sand springs or what ever it;s called :smoke: thanks

Had a good ride yesterday leading the Hard group with the help of 07gmc. We ended up riding around 16 miles of trails I think with 8 folks in our group. Here's a few pics from the group.
91d38c17fc3f0e512cc09ec3f99a94fd.jpg

36d9993181d9d9cb4401a849c25212f2.jpg

e8b1d8195c25e55894660c5c4beebff3.jpg

21c7208ae7cf567f5b7ea65807069823.jpg

c2aaccde615c016b60ee63a702362d0f.jpg

3f910b9afff54dd46680b94c02ea520c.jpg

77ac9bf92566cf3e8d9941e96095c6e8.jpg

9bf19821693f04ea983d3dce28d47677.jpg

139706eecf491c25cbd9ca0d730d0872.jpg

31b502b2e3c1f5112a2ff34699349d47.jpg

66c0654e957279b601cbe73eeaf1dfa5.jpg

39ad99455c4cda3b6fe044a83f83c022.jpg