• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AOP 4 Banger Crawl Feb 18, 2017

c593a4ade23bd70f4d78bd7e1fa07217.jpg
problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

Yep. I broke 3 R&Ps, chromolly shafts, driveshaft yoke and never heard a chirp out of the knuckle and 6 shooter

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

six shooters are great. He blew out the bottom of the knuckle. I looked at the buggy before the run . His front pinion angle was to high. Had the buggy steering nose down. That put a lot of stress on the bottom of the knuckle. If His pinion angle was correct I don't think he would have broke.

yes to both. I've never seen a knuckle blow out the bottom. But I did notice the pinion angle.. I had mine just a little off, it made a big difference. It just showed up more when he pushed it in a race.

billstoy said:
six shooters are great. He blew out the bottom of the knuckle. I looked at the buggy before the run . His front pinion angle was to high. Had the buggy steering nose down. That put a lot of stress on the bottom of the knuckle. If His pinion angle was correct I don't think he would have broke.
f9c0b5b5ac410f50944fbba8af851e7b.jpg
cb41b174fe2a3cfade61c880f49a1be4.jpg
got around to working on the buggy today and this is what it looks like when the top of the knuckle breaks out. I will have to say factory knuckles are pretty strong for the abuse they have gone through the past 10 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey lee, i thought they said it was the bottom that broke? Hopefully your problems are solved with the 6 shooters, i've had two sets of them without any problems. Beef!

Sorry I helped in recovery, I was told the bottom of the knuckle. I did not look. Yes check pinion angle and 6 shooters would help. I run them and trunion eliminators on both of mine. Good so far.

Latest posts