• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

05+ superduty disc brakes

I have a working sample. I sent it out for bid to see what we can get done on the bracket. It's not going to be a cheap solution, but it will be a great product.

The rotors and calipers are off a 2000 super duty rear. There is no way to make the chevy 3/4 ton work. This caliper is a much smaller caliper. The bracket is 3/4" thick and requires some precise machining.

Re: Re: 05+ superduty disc brakes

gubni said:
The rotors and calipers are off a 2000 super duty rear. There is no way to make the chevy 3/4 ton work. This caliper is a much smaller caliper. The bracket is 3/4" thick and requires some precise machining.
does it mount of the factory caliper ears or somewhere else?

Anyway to use 2 pieces of 3/8 or a spacer instead that thick plate?

Yes it mounts to the factory ears. 3/8 plate plus a spacer would work, but I try not to use spacers. I should have the first sample here soon. It's been made and on the way to me.

gubni said:
What year did they switch to the metric lug pattern? Any chance those rotors are already 8x6.5? I'd be willing to bet that most people running the 05+ stuff converted away from the goofy metric dimensions.

Beerj said:
What year did they switch to the metric lug pattern? Any chance those rotors are already 8x6.5? I'd be willing to bet that most people running the 05+ stuff converted away from the goofy metric dimensions.

97 was the last year for the standard lug pattern. I figured since the hubs are metric I would use a metric rotor. If you are going to redrill to standard lug pattern it wouldn't be that much more to redrill to rotor also.

gubni said:
97 was the last year for the standard lug pattern. I figured since the hubs are metric I would use a metric rotor. If you are going to redrill to standard lug pattern it wouldn't be that much more to redrill to rotor also.
Gotcha. I don't know what the rotors are made of but I had a hell of a time trying to drill them. Ended up just elongating the original holes with the plasma. :****: I figured there would be another option available by the time my booty fab gave me any trouble.

I got the sample back only to find out that my wheel bearing was bad on the axle I was taking measurements from so it was off by 1/8th. That is enough to make it not work so I requested another sample.

redneckengineered said:
You got a buyer right here.

x2

I picked up a rear rotor for a 2000 F250 the other day for test fit. I can see now that the center hole diameter will have to be increased about .125" to fit over the hub and fully seat. Have you tracked down another rotor application that doesn't require machining?

gubni said:
I have gotten a few prototypes, but still fighting with it.

Do you think your caliper bracket would work with these? I've been eyeballing them as an option.

Attachments

• hub_rotor.jpg
    hub_rotor.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 110
I have a functional prototype on the 05+ super duty front kit. It will take some time to get production. I won't know cost for awhile, but it's not cheap and uses a small two piston caliper and slide on rotor. The kit comes with a ring to redrill to 8x6.5 lug pattern, but the rotor is 8x170

Latest posts