• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

05+ superduty disc brakes

I'd be interested in seeing your setup also. I'm using a 8x6.5 redrilled bearing, slip on dodge rotor and a bracket for the old school Chevy calipers like everyone uses on the 14 bolts..the rotor took some machining though. Opening up the center hole

fabricator1 said:
I'd be interested in seeing your setup also. I'm using a 8x6.5 redrilled bearing, slip on dodge rotor and a bracket for the old school Chevy calipers like everyone uses on the 14 bolts..the rotor took some machining though. Opening up the center hole

I couldn't figure out any way to use those caliper without cutting the knuckle.

gubni said:
I couldn't figure out any way to use those caliper without cutting the knuckle.
I was originally running into the same problem. But the dodge rotor was large enough diameter to pull the rotor away from the knuckle. Downfall is it needs at least a 17" diameter wheel and the rotor requires machining so it's not a simple setup.

Gubni, I'm interested to see what kit you've put together. I'm maintaining the 8x170 pattern, so I'm glad to hear the rotor you located will fit without modification. Hopefully they weigh less than the factory rotors that I measured at 32lb. each. When will you be able to provide more details?

I'm interested as well.

My SD 60 doesn't have brakes and I'd like it to stay light.

gubni said:
I have a functional prototype on the 05+ super duty front kit. It will take some time to get production. I won't know cost for awhile, but it's not cheap and uses a small two piston caliper and slide on rotor. The kit comes with a ring to redrill to 8x6.5 lug pattern, but the rotor is 8x170

Sweet! Can you post any pictures?

I only have one pic right now. Here it is.

Attachments

• SD_Kit.jpg
    SD_Kit.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 158
On my build I'm using a 99-04 matching set of super dutys, what is the best master cylinder to use with these, bore size etc..

You are using a smaller rotor and caliper than I am. I'd be interested in knowing what kind of backspace wheel will fit with your setup. Especially since the 05+ axles are a little wider

I was just curious if it was 8 on 6.5 bolt pattern, if a 5" backspace h2 wheel would fit? Or a h1 beadlock wheel

I will have this kit ready to ship very soon. Before I make it 100% public I want three testers. These would be people that can install it within a week of getting it and drive it and give me honest feedback. If you say it's good, that's not what I'm looking for. I want details on how it went together and any ideas on hot to improve it. If interested pm me.